main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V STAR WARS REBELS (show's over, spoilers allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by JoinTheSchwarz , May 20, 2013.

1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Hopefully she would have still told him they were on Dantooine.

2. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Uh....

Leia took Tarkin seriously.

Why she said DANTOOINE.

:)

3. Dame sans merci

Dame sans merci Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2016
    Filoni actually revealed the name in a podcast interview he did and said he thought it would be shortened to 'Alex'. I prefer Sasha too.

4. The only dead man will be
    Thrawn

5. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    I think the blue guy has better chances of making it out alive than Kanan.

6. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I think Kanan should kill Thrawn and steal his eyes. That would be cool. It won't make any sense. But it would be cool if he had red glowy eyes.

Slater, Revanfan1, CooperTFN and 4 others like this.
  7. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    Sounds like a mission for chopper.

Chopper, go find me some red glowy eyes.

8. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    I really, really hope that Thrawn survives the series

T7-01 and kalzeth like this.
  9. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    And his eyes, too.

10. Grievpalpy75

Grievpalpy75 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 31, 2015
    Didn't you say that Zahn was still working with the Rebels crew to coordinate Thrawn's path ?

11. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Given Rukh is being introduced, I think Thrawn's life expectancy has gone down extremely.

12. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Well we have Bendu who foreshadowed his "defeat". Whether defeat means death remains to be seen.

13. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    That's the thing with predictions, right? Always formulate them vague enough so you can always be right in the end. And anyway, everyone dies one day or another.

Revanfan1 and fett 4 like this.
  14. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    It's not like he specified a date - I don't think anyone seriously expects canon Thrawn to die peacefully of old age.

Revanfan1, Stymi and fett 4 like this.
  15. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Point :p

Jedi Knight Fett and Stymi like this.
  16. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    That's what Filoni said at the Toronto panel. They're keeping Tim in the loop.

His death is very possible, no doubt, though alternatively Rukh may be either a red herring or a Chekhov's Gun that they'll fire at a later date. The stuff they've mentioned and teased for this season regarding Thrawn could also point to the political exile angle to take him off the board until Filoni and co can revisit him.

kalzeth likes this.
  17. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I'd love if, when we finally find out why Thrawn was exiled (if Canon follows Legends), it comes down to the magnificent bastard that is Krennic driving him out over the TIE Defender project.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Revanfan1, Barriss_Coffee and Vialco like this.
  18. tatooinesandworm

tatooinesandworm Jedi Master star 3

Jul 30, 2015
    So here is my problem with Thrawn being exiled in the Empire.

He already has been down that road. It would feel very repetitive for him to have been "exiled" from the Chiss to turn around and be exiled from the Empire.

That doesn't scream "poetry" that screams lazy writing.

I am fully on board if he gets assigned to the Unknown Regions and starts exploring, only to come back as a major threat later in canon.

And what loss could Thrawn experience that he would be exiled over it. The Rebels are not going to be able to score a victory that evens the playing field over the loss of Attollan. The first victory needs to be Scariff. So any "victory" the Rebels have needs to be small enough to not over shadow Scariff. Which then leads me back to any victory the Rebels achieve in Season 4 wouldn't be big enough for Thrawn to experience the amount of backlash to counter his victories for the Empire, and thus, no exile.

Also, I am not thrilled with the idea of killing Thrawn in Rebels.

Sent from my Ornithopter using The Force

19. spicer

Nov 14, 2012
    What if Thrawn is exiled in canon, but from then on the story is different than in Legends? Maybe he returns to the Chiss and leaves the Empire for good. He can then be picked up in more stories later.

20. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    I hope they finally have someone shout "get to da Choppa!"

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

21. tatooinesandworm

Jul 30, 2015
    But the canon Empire hasn't been depicted as one that exiles. This Empire deals with failure by death or reassignment. So far we haven't seen anyone get "kicked out" of the Empire in the new canon, and I don't think they are going to start with Thrawn. Canon Empire seems very, "Once you are in, you are in for life. Defection = death, Rebellion = death, Failure = Death (Tarkin, Vader, and Grand Inquisitor have all killed over failure)

So with everyone seeming having a sharpened knife at the ready for Thrawns back, it would seem out of place to just exile him.

Vialco likes this.
  22. spicer

Nov 14, 2012
    Ok, maybe not exile him, but Thrawn leaves for whatever reason. Goes on a mission far away and doesn't return until after ROTJ. There are a ton of possibilities how to pull that off.

kalzeth likes this.
  23. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Mind you, "exile" to the Unknown Regions would be in the Hand of Thrawn sense.

THRAWN, FOUNDER OF THE FIRST ORDER.

24. tatooinesandworm

Jul 30, 2015
    I am ok with it if it is Thrawn being sneaky smart and it is his own decision to leave. Have a couple of officers who protest it being a waste of resources, then have Thrawn produce a stash of Clone Wars era ships and only ask for volunteers, no imperial assignments. Still a Moff or Admiral complains, and then Thrawn either cuts a deal or blackmails the few dissenters left.

Thrawn returns post ROTJ changed, and either running from a new threat and becomes a pseudo ally to the new republic or new Jedi order, or comes back with a vengeance out to destroy the new government.

Barriss_Coffee and kalzeth like this.
  25. spicer

Nov 14, 2012
    Something like the first option is what I had in mind in my previous posts. The latter option would be somewhat similar to what we got in the Thrawn Trilogy, but in the end it would all depend on the execution.