main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V STAR WARS REBELS (show's over, spoilers allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by JoinTheSchwarz , May 20, 2013.

1. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    From the position of the wolf in that poster i can only draw one conclusion.

Space Wolf is Snoke.

2. Yunzabit

Yunzabit Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2015
  3. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Yeah! Firefly's been renewed for another season!

4. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Two by two, hands of blue certainly seems like it'd have fit old EU Thrawn...

5. Yunzabit

Yunzabit Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2015
    Governor Pryce is featured in the back. I guess she will be playing a big role in this season. She might survive. Zeb too. We know Hera and Chopper survive. Sabine, Thrawn, Ezra and Kanan are all on the chopping block, however.

6. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    I thought Sabine did art for the rebellion that Mothma had her change for the larger alliance at least past anh? or am I totally off base?

7. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Not to further any of the (really rather distasteful) "will X die" discussion, but I had a crazy thought today: what if the answer to the question of whether Thrawn will survive this season is yes and no? Think about it: he had at least one backup clone in the EU. It's not too hard to imagine a scenario where Thrawn dies but one of the final scenes of the last episode continues a reference to the Empire bringing the "Mount Tantiss project" online or something - therefore both wrapping up Thrawn for Rebels (and possibly the whole duration of the OT) while also leaving him potentially out there to be picked up on in the future.

Jedi Ben and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  8. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    hey will x die discussions are a proud staple of tv fandoms everywhere. This is the last season of rebels, to not debate if someone will die would frankly be wrong. That and you know it's a speculation thread and death is a big topic of speculation. But seriously that's a really cool idea dude. Mount Tantiss getting brought back in some form would be interesting

BigAl6ft6 and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  9. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    I don't know if they'll touch on the clone stuff that Zahn introduced, of all the concepts he introduced in that original trilogy it's probably aged the worst.

.......that said, I'd love to see C'baoth again. I miss that crazy, ripped, Santa with delusions of godhood.

10. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    True! And that's the best description of C'baoth I have ever read! :p

11. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Here you go.
    http://www.disneyabcpress.com/disneyxd/shows/star-wars-rebels/episodes/
    4×01 „Heroes of Mandalore, Part 1“

Sabine leads Ezra, Kanan and an army of her fellow Mandalorians back to her home world to rescue her father from the clutches of the Empire.

4×02 „Heroes of Mandalore, Part 2“

When Sabine discovers the Empire has resurrected a devastating weapon she created and plans to use it against her people, she must decide whether to destroy it or use it herself.

4×03 „In the Name of the Rebellion, Part 1“

As members of the Rebel Alliance, Ezra and the Ghost crew must accept a mission to spy on an Imperial outpost they would rather destroy.

4×04 „In the Name of the Rebellion, Part 2“

After being separated from Hera and Kana, Ezra and Sabine join the desperate quest of Saw Gerrera to hunt down the Empire’s elusive secret super weapon.

4×05 „The Occupation“

Ezra and the Ghost crew are called back to Lothal when a new Imperial threat rises.

4×06 „Flight of the Defender“

Ezra and Sabine steal an Imperial prototype TIE fighter but must rely on some unexpected help to escape from Thrawn.

tatooinesandworm and MrDarth0 like this.
  12. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    Boring! Filler!

Just kidding [face_laugh] These sound awesome, as do the ones posted previously. I did see the first episode at SWCO so I know the season starts with a bang. Can't wait to see what the rest of the season offers and how the story concludes.

tatooinesandworm likes this.
  13. Vthuil

Jan 3, 2013
    I mean, I don't expect they'd use most of it - what I'm imagining is just a reference that could tip off viewers to the possibility of a Thrawn clone in case he is killed.

14. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    I think the main concept with Zahn's version of cloning is that you're creating a new being, but with all the original's memories and that it causes some kind of chichanery within the Force. I don't think that necessarily translates to the clones as depicted in canon, in which case it would set up that there's another Chiss out there, but it wouldn't be Thrawn so it kind of defeats the purpose.

Nehru_Amidala and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  15. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Yeah, I agree that part didn't age well. The problem was Zahn was writing when cloning was still new in real life. It wasn't clear at the time that brain cells and memory connections wouldn't be cloned as part of that process.

I do still like the Thrawn mimic/actor idea. They could still do that with in the new EU.

SyndicThrass likes this.
  16. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Dahh! I just found out the title to episode 9 is

Rebel Assault

[​IMG]

Yeahhhhh!!! Here's hoping they flat out do the game. The whole episode is just them on rails in going on a pre-determined path shooter. Like this = Hera

[​IMG]

17. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    "Memory Flash Training" was in the RPG.

I see no reason why it couldn't be in story.

Vthuil likes this.
  18. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    I think it's the basic concept of using cloning as a technique to ressurect dead characters that's not really something that jives with Star Wars as we know it Post-Prequels and in the current canon. They could certainly pull something out that hand waves how the mechanics of it works in canon, but I think it's really the spirit of the thing that goes against what we've seen.

CooperTFN likes this.
  19. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Well it wouldn't be the same person. Anymore than Rex and Jango are the same person. Even if you copied their memories.

20. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    I'm curious if, in the Legends EU, the process used in transferring memories for Spaarti clones was ever given a connection to the technology used by Jedi/Sith to transfer their memories to a holocron they are building?

kalzeth likes this.
  21. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    Space Wolf is Moro-no-Kimi!

MercenaryAce likes this.
  22. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    Sure, but then what's the point? If they want to use another Chiss character, there's a whole ascendancy out there for them to pick from.

23. Vthuil

Jan 3, 2013
    Well, why would you need to select a Jango Fett as your clone army's template instead of any random Joe Smoe? A clone of Thrawn with the original's memories may not be Thrawn, but he'd still be a genius.

24. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    Well if they want to use a genius Chiss military commander, then why not use Thrawn himself? Ultimately the idea of Thrawn being cloned is just so that they could use Thrawn again after his death. I mean that's the narrative purpose at the end of the day, trying to have their cake and eat it too. It seems redundant to me, and I think it's why Zahn himself never pulled the trigger on that idea back in Legends and instead used various thematic "heirs" in the form of Pellaeon, Tierce, Flim etc

25. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016