main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V STAR WARS REBELS (show's over, spoilers allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by JoinTheSchwarz , May 20, 2013.

1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I just don't think it will be that simple.

2. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    Palpatine will not kill Kanan and Ezra. What happens to them will call back to the Grand Inquisitor's last words: "There are some things far more frightening than death."

Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
    revan772 likes this.
  3. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    He ends in the third dimension found behind the bookshelf at the Simpson's home. Or the Star Wars equvilant.

4. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    Kanan and Ezra are sent to the Legends universe where they eventually join Luke's NJO and live happily ever after.

revan772 likes this.
  5. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Yeah, cause life in Luke's EU NJO was so wonderful... [face_rofl]

--Adm. Nick

Yunzabit, Vthuil and Noash_Retrac like this.
  6. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    Their death is not guaranteed, unlike in canon where death or conversion would happen.

Be like K'Kruhk and show up after all the bad stuff happened.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

revan772 and spicer like this.
  7. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    It’s better then the canon one I can tell you that much.

revan772 and sidv88 like this.
  8. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    It's a bit like the various timelines of the X-Men films. Either way you slice it, those mutants had a rough time of things.

9. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    And why not? Rebels is a simple show. A simple ending is fitting.

fett 4 likes this.
  10. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    Well canon states Lothal's under Imperial control until after the Battle of Endor, so if Ezra's just there during the war then he's not doing any fighting.

11. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    It's under Imperial control currently, but the Lothal Resistance is active on the planet. So Ezra could very well be fighting that whole time.

12. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    He's not exactly a great fighter anyways. Plus, we know he doesn't have any association with the Rebel Alliance as of the Battle of Scarif.

13. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Come on Rebels, surprise me. Kanan dying is predictable, but if you guys off Ezra in a heroic fashion, that would be an improvement over just Kanan dying.

It's time for this jedi duo.....to end.

I want to continue to see stories of surviving Rebel crew members, and still get some more of Kanan and Ezra pre death (if they die of course). Such as in the time gap between season 2-3. Or get more of Kanan's backstory.

Having both of the jedi characters killed off, would leave the ending with a sad note, which is fitting for a upcoming rebellion partaking in the Rouge One events.

A period where the light of the jedi has seemed to have gone out, not just in Imperial eyes, but from the perspective of the Rebels also. Few know that Obiwan is still alive. An emphasize on the common....normal man in fighting the Empire, without the help of space wizards, until a certain farmboy comes along..........

A new hope is very welcomed, since the old hopes are dead.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
  14. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    Well they've got basically all of the Imperial High Command aware of his existence and of Lothal's, I'm not really sure how that would work. The moment word reaches them that there's Jedi trouble on Lothal again they'd send in the big guns. It's not really a resolution.

15. Yunzabit

Yunzabit Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2015
    Kanan will die, and Ezra will ascend to the status of a Force Wielder a new member of the Ones. He can be the balance and/or an Avatar of both the Light and Dark Side

16. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    [​IMG]

Try to fight and you will fail. The Rebellion will be destroyed. You will die. Your apprentice will become a servant of evil.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
    Jedi Princess likes this.
  17. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Great idea. Maybe he is frozen in time as well. It could explain why he doesn't show up in the OT. He can awake from his slumber via encountering a young boy and girl, fleeing from the destruction of the New Republic. Everything changing when the First Order attacked. Filoni can explain that part of the blame for the state of the galaxy is the fact that this new Avatar was absent for many years. In fact this sounds like potential for a new show. Ezra helping out the galaxy against the First Order, along the way, working on improving in the arts of the light and dark. After all, only he can wield both at the same time.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
    Supreme Leader Woke likes this.
  18. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Force Smuggler likes this.
  19. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    guessing who might bite the dust after hearing those:

Kanan, Ezra and Sabine. Everyone from the core group we don't know survives into the OT era. That's a very somber version of Sabine's theme in "Hera at the Wall" and a very somber version of Ezra's theme in "Sabine sees Ezra". Kanan gets his own track, which also contains a very somber version of his theme.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
  20. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    Makes sense as it's confirmed that Hera, Chopper and Rex survive past ANH.

21. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Rex is not "confirmed".

Tuskin38 and Daneira like this.
  22. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    Oh if that happens, I will take back half of the critical things I've said about Filoni's show.

Sinrebirth and Nehru_Amidala like this.
  23. UnshavenWookie14

UnshavenWookie14 Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 20, 2017
    Would both of them dying really surprise you? I think the way you laid out the following events is the best way it all fits in canon. With that considered, isn’t it widely believed they have to get rid of these two Jedi? I’ve been assuming they would be two characters that had to be self contained to the show timeline. Dying at the end. Bc if there’s Jedis out there, it takes away from Luke’s story. Not the actual movies. But the whole concept of Luke being the last chance (with Leia as the backup), everything riding on this one kid who’s stumbling around without a trainer, pitted against two Siths...

I think it kinda goes how you said. Them dying is the best fit story wise. If they kept them alive it’d be to deliver a shock factor. And I don’t see them going with surprise over story, especially with how safe they’ve played it with canon so far.

If we don’t get rebel stories out of the group after the show I’m ok with it. I’d like to maybe see a New Dawn sequelish where Hera/Kanan get up with Zeb/Sabine. Other than that though... they’ve put so much content out on the rebellion and resistance. I want Jedi/sith content. Disney was willing to introduce some pretty new/unheard of force abilities in TLJ (even though it appears the art of any kind of force jumping is completely lost from the galaxy..: someone do a flip darn it!). No w I would appreciate some force focused character content through which they can explain these new force abilities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    Have they put a lot of rebellion stuff? Because on a show called Rebels, we don't even hit the main points one would expect: Dantooine Base, and the formal Founding of the Rebel Alliance. It's so bad I mentally stick in The Force Unleashed between Rebels episodes to make up for the gap where a formal Alliance founding should be.

The Rebels stuff focuses on Jedi! Darth Maul, Ahsoka, Kanan, Ezra, Inquisitors, Vader, etc. Mon Mothma is there occasionally. We're not even shown how Saw got crippled--the way it's going now, it seems like he'll have some accident literally just before Rogue One...

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
  25. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    @Darth_Accipiter
    Not sure if Sabine will, but Kanan for sure won't make it. Not sure what will happen to Ezra but it will probably be connected to Mortis somehow. And I'm not sure about Zeb. Maybe he goes out fighting Rukh?

revan772 likes this.