main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V STAR WARS REBELS (show's over, spoilers allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by JoinTheSchwarz , May 20, 2013.

1. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    We know Ahsoka is alive, but we actually don't know what she's doing while Luke's training. I dig her weird new staff, though.

CooperTFN likes this.
  2. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    Considering Ahsoka's bad experience with the Order, maybe we are starting to see a "point of divergence" between canon Luke and Legends Luke (I know there is no divergence point, but I'm speaking broad strokes here).

Ahsoka never met Luke in Legends. However, it's entirely possible she met up with him post-ROTJ in canon, and tore into the Jedi Order and how it messed up her and Anakin. Canon Luke then would decide NOT to rebuild the Order (or wait a very long time in doing so), unlike Legends Luke who never had his viewpoint influenced by Ahsoka.

Ghost, BobaMatt, mnjedi and 1 other person like this.
  3. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    I think the storyline of the main trilogy and the storyline of the main protagonists of the animation shows (thus far) will be separate storylines in the canon. Once they meet up, Ahsoka, Sabine and Ezra will have some other purpose (threats in the unknown regions?) while Luke is out searching for jedi lore. They could always meet up before then, but I don't see them sticking together.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
    nancipants and Revanfan1 like this.
  4. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    This. There's no reason that every important person in the galaxy has to be involved together. There are many things going on in a galaxy that big that would explain why their paths wouldn't intersect. Heck, how many times in the real world are important people from different countries on separate paths even though they may be considered equally important? They may never even meet, or only meet once or twice their whole lives. And that's just on one planet, let alone a galaxy made up of hundreds!

5. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    She borrowed it from Gandalf.[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

6. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    Then I guess she isn't Ahsoka the Grey (Jedi) anymore.

7. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    For someone who we're repeatedly told isn't a Jedi, Ahsoka sure is dressing in robes that might as well shout out to the galaxy "I am a Jedi!!!"...

kalzeth, Vialco and BobaMatt like this.
  8. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    I'm actually imagining Ashoka trying to give Luke a boost by telling him "Hey, the old Jedi screwed up too. you'll be fine" and Luke responding "well if all they do is screw up then the jedi must end." and running off to die.

and Ashoka is just standing there thinking "well, that's not how I meant him to take that at all.".

9. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    She is Ahsoka the White and she comes back to us at the turn of the tide.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

10. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    For those saying
    "if Palpatine had access to the WBW, he'd: kidnap baby Luke & Leia, etc."

I think you're missing the bigger picture.

Palpatine wanted to be a god, that's confirmed in the new canon too.

He would STAY in the WBW as the eternal, omnipresent, omniscient, omnipotent ruler of all (if it were possible, and that's definitely what Palps is betting on).
    (Hopefully it's like Lost, and any time travel is what "always happened")

11. StoryWorthTelling

StoryWorthTelling Jedi Master star 2

Jan 8, 2015
    I'm actually starting to think that time travel, using the WBW, as a nexus of the Force, has the same rules as the Force itself. The light side path is to use the WBW for knowledge, never undoing what really happened. In that, Ezra strays into the gray when he rescues Ahsoka, but he didn't know this was anything other that what was. Had he rescues Kanan or stepped in to be with his parents, that would have distorted history and been done out of selfishness. That's why it's the wrong choice.

Sidious, however, is a master of the dark side. His intention, therefore, would be to distort and control time, instead of letting it flow its natural course. If he had access to the WBW, he would render the timeline into something dark and twisted. The consequences would be catastrophic for everyone else, but he would truly rule over everything.

12. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Exactly, and that's what is happening in the SW comic vs the Aphra comic as we speak. The main three (Luke, Leia, Han) are doing their own separate thing on Mon Cala and with Queen Trios. Meanwhile, else where in the universe Aphra is hanging with her cast of characters, and has Hera captured so anything is possible. Also the main three and Aphra have crossed paths. I don't see anything wrong with Ahsoka, Ezra, and Sabine crossing paths with any of the main three between ROTJ and TFA.

I just pictured Ahsoka meeting a young Ben.

Ben: What was my grandfather like? I wish I'd known him.
    Ahsoka: He was the best star pilot in the galaxy, and cunning warrior. I understand that you've become quite a good pilot yourself.
    ...He was a good man and a good friend.
    Ben: I want to be strong like him.

13. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    Ahsoka: Also he turned evil after being manipulated by a creepy old dude so, you know, don't do that.

Alpha-Red and Vialco like this.
  14. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    I now want to binge this show and pay closer attention to the visual storytelling. I love how they framed this scene so that Palpatine is literally the devil on Ezra's shoulder.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 20, 2018
    Nom von Anor likes this.
  15. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Ezra's hair being black is much more obvious here. It's still purplish/bluish but it's less in-your-face than the early seasons.

Vialco likes this.
  16. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    I'm not liking this idea of Palpatine using hologram hiding tech. Why didn't he use it in the prequels? As Darth Sidious show himself to be a Rodian or something, so that the Jedi will then scour Rodia looking for a Rodian Sith Lord.

kalzeth and Vialco like this.
  17. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Palpatine had no reason to do such a thing. And even if he did, his arrogance was enough that he wouldn't consider doing so because he was sure that he couldn't lose to the Jedi.

18. StoryWorthTelling

StoryWorthTelling Jedi Master star 2

Jan 8, 2015
    I don't think that's something he thinks of as a disguise, honestly. It showed up in a couple of the books, as well, that he used his pre-scar visage in advertising. (I think maybe Servants of the Empire or Ahsoka?) I think it's more a pride thing, that he wants to look healthy and kindly to the galaxy, which is exactly what he's doing here with Ezra, trying to play the kind grandfather role. He's used the scars as well, to play victim, so most of the galaxy knows that the face he shows in public is not real, but my understanding is it's the more common image of him.

19. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    Rebels had already shown, back in Season One, an unscarred Palpatine on HoloNet News.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AV-6R7 likes this.
  20. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    I knew this, I just felt it undermined the whole of ROTS, that Palpatine was a martyr because of those evil Jedi.

Also, if he pushes the image he's unhooded and healthy looking, why is the statue of Palpatine being torn down in ROTJ's ending on Coruscant feature hooded Palpatine?

Revanfan1, kalzeth and Vialco like this.
  21. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    It might commemorate his appearance on the first Empire Day.

[​IMG]

Revanfan1 likes this.
  22. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    The real question is why DOESN'T Palpatine get facial reconstruction for real? With the technology seen in TCW to turn Obi-Wan into Rako Hardeen, it shouldn't be too hard. Then Palpatine can use contact lenses for his eyes.

Revanfan1 and kalzeth like this.
  23. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I'm a fan of the Sidious mask theory so he can change it back and forth at will (and if you dig particularly in the new canon stuff, it does seem to support it). So I like he can flip it off and off and the hologram glitching was overcompensating for his change, as opposed to having a appearance changing hologram that suddenly stops working... because?

as for Ahoska, in my head, she was on Malachor for the entirely of the galatic civil war, which where she went through some trials, what with it being a dead sith planet and all, and emerged as Ahoksa the White. Probably fought a Balrog or two. Eventually, she is rescued from the planet by one Luke Skywalker, who is taking his first steps into exploring into Jedi lore. After that, she meets up with Sabie and they go off to find Ezra.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2018
  24. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    That doesn't explain how the hood suddenly appears though. Hmm, the hologram glitching is another oddity. A prototype...?

Nute Gunray: Lord Sidious, your signal is flickering and... Senator Palpatine? Why do you want us to invade your own planet?
    Palpatine: ...

25. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    I've never liked the "Force mask" thing, and am a much bigger fan of the idea that the dark side itself corrupted Sidious' flesh when he reached out to use it.

Revanfan1 and Vialco like this.