main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Lit STAR WARS REBELS (show's over, spoilers allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by JoinTheSchwarz , May 20, 2013.

1. Voltron64

Voltron64 Jedi Knight

Dec 23, 2009
    To me, that doesn't mean they're aren't any Jedi. It just means there are no Jedi Knights, plenty of former padawans and self-taught Force adepts ready to learn from a newly knighted Luke and in turn help him rebuild the Jedi Order, maybe teach him a thing or too as well in the process.

2. nancipants

nancipants Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 16, 2017
    That wasn’t the point of my question. Nor was it about Ezra or Ahsoka.

The point is that Luke says he was teaching 13 students how to be Jedi. Kylo killed/kidnapped them all. Luke is the Last Jedi.

If we ever get an animated show led by Dave Filoni about Luke’s Jedi Academy, how is he going to deal with that? Are some of them going to “get away” or just not be Jedi in order to get around what is portrayed in The Last Jedi?

I have mixed feelings about TLJ, but I do not want another “well, actually” retcon on Dave’s part. Obviously, people disagree with me.

3. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 29, 2012
    I have nothing against Light Side users who are not Jedi. On the contrary, I welcome it...
    ... if only they were part of clearly distinct traditions. You know, not guys with Jedi-like lightsabers and Jedi-like training, and Jedi-like values, yet not calling themselves Jedi.
    Voss Mystics, Mist-Weavers, Nuns of G'aav'aar'oon, or what-have-you.

4. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 25, 2016
    If they actually try and do something with alternate ideologies then it'll be great, for both Light and Dark. Really, you've got thousands of cultures who would interpret the experience of life and the Force differently...they can't all be Jedi and Sith, and if the next series goes to the Unknown Regions then all the better Force sensitive characters to pick up some different views on the great mystery.

The problem is, you're still going to get people who hate that....but I suppose that's pretty much inevitable with any Star Wars these days.

5. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    I actually think the writing, the characters, and the stories were super excellent in these games. Except for this particular thing.

6. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I was searching the internet for something and went down the rabbit hole of random sidelinks until I found... this utterly amazing... artist... and their wackery:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now I can call this a good day.

Last edited: May 11, 2018
  7. Vialco

Vialco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 6, 2007
    Sigh. Didn't Pokemon teach you not to fall down rabbit holes? Here, take this escape rope and get out of there.

[​IMG]

8. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2015
    Thrawn's "kill me now" gaze should been a clear warning to stop while you're ahead...

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  9. vncredleader

vncredleader Jedi Master star 4

Mar 28, 2016
    I have not played TCG in years, the fact that they made an escape rope card that looks that epic makes me regret that decision.

Edit: so I looked up escape rope in order to find that card and let's just say there are some rather messed up memes. I love my fellow Pokefans, but dang can they get brutal sometimes

Last edited: May 13, 2018
    Vialco likes this.
  10. darkspine10

darkspine10 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 7, 2014
    Some more works of art by the same creator:
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Vialco

Vialco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 6, 2007
    I take my leave. [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Barriss_Coffee and darkspine10 like this.
  12. sidv88

sidv88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 22, 2005
    Ezra and Thrawn are the reason the Yuuzhan Vong never attacked in canon. I'm sure we'll hear the whole tale someday. :p

Force Smuggler and Daneira like this.
  13. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 12, 2012
    yah I know there's other plans but, as I said in this thread months ago, just an Ezra n' Thrawn wacky mismatched roommate adventure series I would be okay with.

mnjedi, Darth_Accipiter and AV-6R7 like this.
  14. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2015
    [​IMG]

darkspine10 likes this.