main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V STAR WARS REBELS (show's over, spoilers allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by JoinTheSchwarz , May 20, 2013.

1. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    Well if Bendu didn't die, Thrawn will kill him next time after studying his artwork.

Senator Wan, Stymi, starfish and 5 others like this.
  2. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    *observes footprints*

"Ah yes, he's deeply afraid of clowns."

3. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    Actually once Thrawn got the name of his opponent down, Bendu, from audio of intercepted Rebel comms, his work was pretty much done. All he had to do was analyze Bendu's publicly available art symbol

[​IMG]

to see that Bendu has an affinity for symmetry and that this can be key in taking him down (possibly through an asymmetrical attack pattern).

MercenaryAce likes this.
  4. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
  5. Karl0413

Karl0413 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2015
    =D=

Pfft, I am half-way expecting Thrawn to say something along these lines:

"After careful study of Jedi, Sith and Whill artifacts I believe the will of the Force is partial to wolves. Hence forth, the Chimera will be renamed the Wolf's Lair. Lieutenant Culver, get some paint and suit up for a space-walk."

Senator Wan and MercenaryAce like this.
  6. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
  7. tatooinesandworm

tatooinesandworm Jedi Master star 3

Jul 30, 2015
    TPTB = ?

Sent from my Ornithopter using The Force

8. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    The Powers That Be.

tatooinesandworm likes this.
  9. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Twitter has been lit up about Rex for the last couple hours but yeah, I'm not totally convinced Melching wasn't just re-asserting that the S4 design is inspired by Nik Sant. Even if Dave's insistent on that headcanon, Rebels itself couldn't really confirm it--and I think it's for the best that they leave it an ambiguous suggestion considering the variety of reactions I've seen. Generally the new canon has been good about leaving possibilities open without forcing people to accept them--see Starkiller/Ilum.

10. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Oh, if they wanted to, they could force it in there. Have him go undercover and use the name "Nik Sant" or something. If they wanted to force it, they would.

11. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Aside from this--which let's be honest, they'd gladly ignore and be right to do so--the same "Nik Sant" hasn't been used in canon and thus there's no need to connect it to the RotJ character.

I'm just saying, my definition of "confirm" is pretty strict. ;)

Iron_lord and Revanfan1 like this.
  12. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I'm pretty content for Rex to have a couple of aliases to hand at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senator Wan and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  13. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
  14. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    Has there been anything else on S4 yet?

15. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    Beside the sneak peak at Fan Expo Canada on Sept. 2nd, nothing.

16. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013

Oh, I'm not saying they should do it or I even want them to. And yeah, even using the name doesn't necessarily make it so, but I was just saying–if they wanted it to be so, they'd find a way to make it so.

17. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    Somehow, I think it's just fitting that Rex meet his end due to General Skywalker AKA Vader. Vader could tell Rex who he is as he's killing him. Or even better, Rex finds out that Anakin is Vader and seeks him out, and Vader hires Boba Fett to deal with Rex. Boba Fett shouts "We are not brothers!" as he kills Rex, and the last thing Rex sees as he dies is Vader with his new best pal, a younger clone replacement for Rex, Boba Fett.

I just am not sure Rex should be running around when Luke joins the Rebels, Nik Sant or no. Even though the Rebellion is very large, Rex is well informed and would surely reach out once he's heard some kid called Skywalker wants to know more about the Jedi. And when they meet up and their stories don't match up:

Rex: "What, General Skywalker was killed by an apprentice of General Kenobi's called Darth Vader?? You do know that Darth is a Sith name right? And General Kenobi never had an apprentice. What's going on here?"
    Luke: :eek:

18. Valryk

Valryk Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 27, 2016
    Yeah I think Rex would be all around Luke. Maybe they could do a story with Luke on Endor having a talk with Rex. Also, wouldn't Han and Chewie feel weird around an old Boba Fett?

19. Coherent Axe

Dec 20, 2016
    "I've got one of those faces that used to appear familiar to everyone."

I'd guess Han and Chewie (him especially) would have seen a few clones in their time, and might not associate the face with Fett's. They might not even have seen what Fett looks like.

Daneira likes this.
  20. Stymi

Stymi Force Ghost star 4

Jan 10, 2002
    This could still happen and work fine. It's plausible Rex and Luke never cross paths between ANH and ESB. A post ESB heart to heart with Rex and Luke could be cool as hell, if done right.

Sent from my Moto X-Wing

Senator Wan and Revanfan1 like this.
  21. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I've decided my opinion is going to be "wait and see" -- provisionally I'm against Luke and Rex meeting because it would be hard to do, but that doesn't mean it couldn't be done right.

For example: I'd have been against Ahsoka and Bail working together because how do you avoid her not knowing about Kenobi? But they found a way to make it work, and it was fine.

So I don't want small universe syndrome or potential OT-plot breaking to be an absolute No, if it can be done right. But similarly, only if it's done right.

Taalcon, Vialco, Revanfan1 and 2 others like this.
  22. Coherent Axe

Dec 20, 2016
    At the same time, it's awesome that Forces of Destiny has opened up the possibility of Hera going on missions with Leia, and maybe the others too. Uniting characters and giving them adventures together, really, is what Star Wars is for, once you strip away all of the mythology the franchise has built up.

23. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    And yet we haven't seen General Binks and Lord Vader working together yet. :(

24. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Hmmm... this just made me realize it would be awesome to have a story about Boba Fett meeting an old clone. It probably wouldn't bother Fett much because he's been around clones forever, but for the clone, Fett would look like a younger version of him and his squad mates... I'm thinking a sad nostalgia-type tale...

25. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013

Closest thing was Boba with Conner Freeman, but Conner was the son of a clone–or Boba with Jaing Skirata, but they were both the same age. So there hasn't really been an "old clone, young Boba" story that I can think of.