main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series 1.01-1.02 "Spark of the Rebellion" Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by AkashKedavra_93, Sep 22, 2014.

1. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
    "So it controls your actions?"

"Partially. But it also obeys your commands."

2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Also, what I saw on Dagobah was Yoda teaching Luke to use the Force, not obey it.

I spent a lot of time in church as a kid, and nobody ever mentioned "using" God.

That's why I want the show to lean towards "using" the Force, not "following its will."

3. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
    For the Jedi, the Force is an ally. For the Sith, the Force is a tool. It's not a master for either of them. Or that's how I see it.

Valairy Scot likes this.
  4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    And that works. I just want the whole "will" aspect left out.

5. darkchrono

darkchrono Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
  6. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Ok so i have now seen the first 3 episodes of Rebels. Its Star Wars. Honestly, i dont see a hugh difference between Clone Wars n Rebels, infact, i feel like im watching the same show. That in my opinion is a good thing. Rebels has crazy eyeballs though....everyones eyes swurl around a lot. It was great to see R2, 3po n Bail, which probably means Leia will show up eventually. I like how everyone in thr Imperial Army fears n dreads Tarkin. Im sure he will show up eventually also. As for the main 6 characters, its just Luke, Han, Chewy, Leia, R2. The Sabine girl seems to be a character we havent seen before, but she kinda reminds me of young servant Padme from tpm. All in all its a cool show, its more Star Wars for the Filoniverse. I dont really do the canon non canon arguements. I just think Star Wars has reached that point where different authors can tell their own version of a Star Wars story. Id group Rebels with the Clone Wars show. Like how the Batman, Superman, Static Shock n Justice League shows seemed to connect in some way. More Star Wars more toys, more games, more merchandise....ive only seen 2 seasons of Clone Wars. From what ive seen in Rebels, it feels like Clone Wars.

7. Dark-Fox

Dark-Fox Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 28, 2008
    What do you think Agent Kallus' reason was for kicking that trooper of the pillar they were hanging from? Was it petulance? Could it have been Kallus' ambition to be the sole survivor from his first Jedi encounter? I'm trying to find a way of interpreting that scene which doesn't make him seem like a stereotypical cartoon villain.

8. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    More pride than petulance, I'm guessing. I don't see him as the Grievous-type who takes his anger out on his subordinates, but more of a guy who doesn't want anyone making what he sees as mocking comments.

9. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    We have not seen one mandolorian bounty hunter other then the Fetts in the new canon.

10. CommanderDrenn

CommanderDrenn Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 19, 2013
  11. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014

Yet. They might show more in Rebels.

12. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    Frustration over what had happened.

He had the power of surprise on the Rebels, had them pinned with numbers on his side and of course a damn Jedi is apart of the crew. His shocked look was all we needed to know that it was his first time fighting a Jedi.

He took his frustration out on the poor stormtrooper.

13. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    You know what wouldn't make sense, but would be cool? A gang of Mando bounty hunters who are ex-Death Watch members.

pronker and TheSilentInfluence like this.
  14. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    That are led by Bo-Katan.

pronker and Doop like this.
  15. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Wouldn't all mandolorian members be death watch.

16. Darth Doop

Apr 24, 2014
    @JediKnightFett

Ex members. Maybe they just got tired of it and kept the armor becuase it looked cool.

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  17. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    There ain't nothing like Mando armor. Not only is it stylish, but it keeps you safe from most explosions; and endures any element except Lava. :p

Doop likes this.
  18. Darth Doop

Apr 24, 2014
    Maul mando armor seems like the stuff that people would sell for extremly high prices.

19. Dark-Fox

Sep 28, 2008
    That was the interpretation I was leaning towards too. Earlier on in the show where he was talking with various troopers over the communicator he wasn't the bullying Imperial stereotype. I guess that's why the kick he delivers to the trooper at the end seems out of place.

20. Dark-Fox

Sep 28, 2008
    Could be, yeah. It says a lot about his character though.

21. Darth Doop

Apr 24, 2014
    Killing your own troops is pretty stupid. Kallus was probably shocked at the fact that he just seen a jedi, so.

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  22. Imperial Reject

Imperial Reject Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2012
    lol I wish we could see him be questioned about it by his S.O.

23. Kev Snowmane

Kev Snowmane Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2013
    In universe? Frustration maybe.

Out of universe? Call back to Grievous.

24. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Well, the troopers were pretty helpless and incompetent. In the Empire it is normal to kill people who fail.

Kallus might even fear that now his own head is on the chopping block.

25. Darth Doop

Apr 24, 2014