main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series 1.01-1.02 "Spark of the Rebellion" Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by AkashKedavra_93, Sep 22, 2014.

1. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Oh, I definitely agree that the female models are better than in TCW. But they still mirror the annoying trend of only featuring super thin females in lead roles.

2. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Female representation as "the perfect image" is a wider media problem.

3. Kev Snowmane

Kev Snowmane Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2013
    So you'd rather Sabine's armor crush her boobs just so it isn't "feminized"?

You gripe about Sabine but want Kanan's shirt off.

So much for "not oversexualizing".

4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Definitely.

I'm not sure why it's so difficult for the media in general to use the same standards for depicting both genders.

But that probably gets into a social commentary that isn't really appropriate here.

5. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    can someone tell me how they're numbering these episodes ?

the pilot , which is double length - is that eps 1 and 2 ?

or is Droids in Distress episode 1 ?

6. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    The Pilot is episodes one and two. And Droids in Distress is episode 3.

7. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    well that makes sense to me, but wookipedia and wikipedia have Droids in Distress listed as episode 1 .

8. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    I guess someone should go and change it then. They might have just gotten confused. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

9. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Per the "Droids in Distress" episode guide on StarWars.com, it is Season 1, Episode 1.

You are thinking of the production numbers when counting "Spark of Rebellion" as two episodes. The four shorts ("The Machine in the Ghost", "Art Attack", "Entanglement", and "Property of Ezra Bridger") combined make up production number 101. "Spark of Rebellion" carries production numbers 102 and 103, and "Droids in Distress" is 104. "Fighter Flight" will be production number 105, but season 1 episode 2; "Rise of the Old Masters" will be production 106 and S1E3; and so on. This is not unlike The Clone Wars, where the movie had four separate production episode numbers.

Also see Greg Weisman's tweet about numbering.

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  10. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    I stand corrected.

Thanks though. I was a little confused myself. :) But that makes more sense.

11. mbruno

mbruno Jedi Master star 1

Jan 19, 2010
    The thread title needs fixed. It's Spark of Rebellion, not Spark of the Rebellion.

12. Vezner

Vezner Force Ghost star 5

Dec 29, 2001
    I just saw this for the first time today. I have to admit, I enjoyed it quite a bit. My only complaint is the animation for the wookies. They looked WAY better in TCW. But besides that, I like the direction Disney is taking the series.

whostheBossk likes this.