main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V STAR WARS REBELS (show's over, spoilers allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by JoinTheSchwarz , May 20, 2013.

1. Skywalker2B

Skywalker2B Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 8, 2000
    My guess is that it'll start with another telling of the birth of the rebellion and will take place somewhere around the middle of the 20 year timespan between Ep.III and IV. We'll get to see Vader, Tarkin, Emperor, Mon Mothma, Ackbar, Han, Chewie, and Boba. I think we'll also see a young Leia with Bail, maybe even see much more of Alderaan. Early X-wings and TIE's, and bunch of other cool stuff that will bridge the gap from Ep.III to IV. I'd even go as far to say that we'll probably even get a glimpse of Ben and Luke on Tatooine. Along with all of that OT goodness, I'm thinking that we'll also see characters from TCW returning. It'll be awesome!

2. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Tano

[face_plain] [face_plain] [face_plain] [face_plain]

Filoni, stay away.

3. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    Perhaps they'll surprise us all and have Ahsoka join the Empire. She can be one of the Inquisitors! :p

Ulicus and Starkeiller like this.
  4. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Yeah, it will be disappointing to have a jedi be involved with the rebel alliance before Luke....though, in all fairness, it wouldn't be the first time. Heck, Star Wars Galaxies has a jedi fighting at the Battle of Hoth of all things.

Though...maybe not. Maybe Ahsoka went cynical after all that has happened and became a bounty hunter. I think that would be an interesting twist on the character...not the main character, but the Han Solo type that the main character needs to convince that there is still hope in the Galaxy.

And speaking of the bounty hunter possibility - I wonder if they are going to use any of the material they had planned for the live action series in this one.

5. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    hahah what? And it was introduced in XvT, eh? That's Nick's favorite game! AdmiralNick22, this is your fault!

CeiranHarmony and GGrievous like this.
  6. Ordo Skirata

Ordo Skirata Jedi Master star 2

Sep 3, 2012
    This sounds interesting. But I sure hope it stays away from TCW pitfalls (Villains always losing, rewriting canon, etc). And please, no Ahsoka in the rebellion.

GunganSlayer and darthscott3457 like this.
  7. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    I honestly think Ahsoka could be a potentially interesting character in this time period, assuming they don't let her rewrite history and constantly clash with Vader. If they play her as a disillusioned Jedi on the run from the Empire, it could actually be very entertaining. And besides, there are tons of fugitive movies that they can lift scenes from homage :p

8. MercenaryAce

Aug 10, 2005
    Though, come to think of it, the most logical option would be for her to end up on Oderon with Lux, especially given that they were described as proto-rebels in the commentary of the show.

9. Ordo Skirata

Ordo Skirata Jedi Master star 2

Sep 3, 2012
    I wouldn't mind if it had her and other surviving Jedi being hunted by Vader as in the Purge comics. However, I could see them making her a large part of the rebellion as well.

10. KamSolusar

KamSolusar Jedi Grand Master star 2

Mar 8, 2001
    I'm so excited that we'll finally get to see how the rebels got the Death Star plans!

11. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    I would laugh if the concept of the Death Star plans being split into multiple parts was incorporated into the show... only for all three (or more?) of the parts to be recovered by Ahsoka and R2. And maybe Jar-Jar.

12. The_Forgotten_Jedi

The_Forgotten_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2010
    Watch Filoni bring Evan Piell out of hiding only to have him really die after the events of Coruscant Nights.

13. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    My first reaction was "UGGGGGGGHHHHH", but the more I think about it the more I'm fine with it. This could have been a post-RotJ series, instead it's smack in the middle of little-utilized era. I'll be annoyed at the retcons- not to mention the possibility of Ahsoka founding the Rebel Alliance (though TFU thoroughly trashed the founding of the Alliance by involving Jedi, but I digress)- but it could have been far worse, and I may even watch a few episodes willingly.

14. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Well, look at the bright side. Typically warships are named for dead people (but not always!), so maybe that means that everyone's favorite Togruta ends up dying during the Dark Times. [face_thinking]

--Adm. Nick

15. HedecGa

HedecGa Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2006
    At the risk of being lynched, I hope to find out what happened to Darth Maul now. In fact, I'm hoping to see some resolution to the Clone Wars series period. Let's just hope that, this time, they don't wait until the last six episodes to actually start telling a story.

DarthRelaxus likes this.
  16. MercenaryAce

Aug 10, 2005
    I think the reaction to the lack of TFU 3 demonstrates that people still want stories they don't like to be finished rather than left hanging.

17. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    I hope they don't touch any of the story and the characters from Dark Times.

Mia Mesharad and Point Given like this.
  18. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Sooooooo.... the long-awaited follow-up to Droids? :p

I'm fairly certain anything we would have seen in the live-action series will show up here, albeit more kid-friendly. Possibly some stuff from 1313, especially considering how much already showed up in TCW.

19. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    I can definitely see the rebel alliance starting there. Their symbol is also pretty close to the Rebel Alliance one anyway.

20. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Just for the record, I am super bummed that this series isn't set between VI - VII. I am rather suprised that they plan to focus on the Dark Times, given that the Rebellion isn't in full swing yet, or even formalized.

At least we will hopefully get some good Imperial stuff. That sort of stuff makes for good eye candy.

--Adm. Nick

JediMara77 and Force Smuggler like this.
  21. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I think they are doing a series between ROTS and ANH since we have been wanting one for years and will wait to do a series between ROTJ and Episode 7 until we have Episode 7 so that we have a concrete ending. Or something like that.

22. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    Well anything they do between VI-VII would technically constitute a spoiler so probably better to wait until after at least the first movie if not a second to make sure everything is mapped out properly and then they can jump in

23. Cronal

Cronal Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2009
    What are the chances that we get a couple of added attempts at stealing the Death Star plans? :p The amount of EU lore on stolen Death Star plans makes me think there is a Death Star plan on every planet and you got to catch them all... Pokemon!

24. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    o_O

I'm at work and can't do YouTube; someone give me the bullet points of what the video actually says.

25. Reveen

Reveen Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 4, 2012
    -Filoni, Simon Kinberg and Gred Weisman are involved, Filoni's office is way too big.

-It's set between Sith and Hope.

-They're basing things heavily off Ralph McQuarrie art.

Uh.... that's pretty much it. I'm sure they'll tell us more in about a century.