main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V STAR WARS REBELS (show's over, spoilers allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by JoinTheSchwarz , May 20, 2013.

1. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    Guys Clan Wren can serve House Vizsla the way Houses Minor fall under the jurisdiction of Houses Major in the good ol Dooney Dune. Works like that in A Song of Ice and Fire, too - there are smaller houses under bigger houses.

2. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
    That's the impression I got. House Viszla is led by Clan Vizsla and there are a bunch of smaller clans sworn to follow them, including Clan Wren. Pretty straightforward.

3. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    I wonder what significance a bigger house is, though, and if it matters whose house Mandalore is from. Previously the Mandalorians were more loosely affiliated.

I'm also curious about the current status of Clan Viszla, considering they were the ruling house until Maul. And then what? House Maul? Or was there a suspension of the usual order? Is Clan Viszla kind of in disgrace?

4. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    Well, Maul did usurp control of Clan Viszla, which I'm pretty sure was total BS because you probably have to actually be a Mandalorian to be able to challenge for leadership, but most everyone other than Bo-Katan was like "yeah he's scary and has a lightsaber let's go with him" anyway. Most of Death Watch was in it for the power trip than for the actual ideals.

5. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    I dunno - Maul usurped the title of Mandalore, not control of House Viszla. If someone from, say, House Fett challenged a House Viszla Mandalore that wouldn't make them a member of House Viszla all of a sudden.

6. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    Maul was an outsider though.

Though we're debating this with almost no information on how the system works, so. *shrugs*

7. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    In any case, I believe it has been established that there were members of every major Mandolorian family on every side of the civil war, with Satine's sister in death watch and no one being suspicious of a Vizla as a New Mandolorian governor.

At this point, I wouldn't expect the clans and houses to much of a political force, at least not in the same way as a full blown feudal or tribal system. Still might be tradition to know your clan and house and recite them in the proper context.

In the past I think they would probably work something to a Central Asian tribal confederation, a loose hierarchy of allied groups.

8. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    Maul's outsider status makes it even more probably that he didn't just become the leader of House Viszla. I think it's more likely that Maul's leadership upset the usual systems.

9. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

I also wonder if someone who is biologically related to Pre is Running Clan Vizsla at this point?

As far as i remember it is never mentioned if he was married/had siblings.

Although Bo/Pre might have been a thing.

and for all we know the house system might have come around after Pre's death.

We are really grasping at straws here.

10. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    It isn't like we know that many Mandos in general.

Heck, even in legends I am not sure if they ever explained how Pre Vizla was related to Tor Vizla.

11. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

The closest thing we ever got to an explanation was they both have the same last name.:p

MercenaryAce likes this.
  12. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    Right, and Tor is dead. ;)

I have to imagine someone from Clan Viszla remains, otherwise the House would probably just be dead. Pre and Tor's relationship was never defined, and it's not clear yet how clan names work.

13. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    I so love these small Rebel Comics. You tell them how things are Hera! :hera:
    [​IMG]

14. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Post Viszla ;)

15. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015
    Dose the title of Mandalore exist in the new canon? I don't remember it being used in the Clone Wars.

16. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    It was though?

The Season 2 fight mentions it Not by name though but Shae IS who henis talking about.

"A darksaber?"
    "One of my ancestors stole it from the Jedi Temple and we have kept it in our family ever since."

Unless you know other Mandalorians called Vizla who have been to the Jedi Temple it is her.

17. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    I'm not following what that has to do with anything I wrote.

18. Stymi

Stymi Force Ghost star 4

Jan 10, 2002
    !?

Where are these from?

19. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Senate_Perspective

from the Star Wars Rebels Magazine you can get here in the UK.

20. Stymi

Stymi Force Ghost star 4

Jan 10, 2002
    Curse you Brits! First taxation without representation, and now this. Too far.

Are these stories cannon?

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  21. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    Pretty sure they are, also there has certainly been nothing in them that would have been a canon problem.

22. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Given that I've missed the chance to read most of the early ones - I'm hoping there'll eventually be an omnibus for these.

23. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    Martin Fisher, the man who writes those stories, did say they were canon. And frankly enough, I can't see any reasons why they wouldn't be: they're non-parodic material released after April 2014 and focusing on Rebels characters.

Gorefiend likes this.
  24. Stymi

Stymi Force Ghost star 4

Jan 10, 2002
    How long are these shorts, and how's the rest of the magazine?

Not available in the US?

25. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    Usually 12 pages.

Not even remotely as interesting as the comics.

Not yet, might in the future though.
    http://titanmagazines.com/news/announcements/star-wars-rebels-magazine/