main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V STAR WARS REBELS (show's over, spoilers allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by JoinTheSchwarz , May 20, 2013.

1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I like that lightsaber as much as I did the first time I saw it, which is not at all, but I do like the action figure.

2. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
    I love the design, the uniform with the armor over it. It really seems like they're going for the "dark reflection" here, a more militarized, Sith-aligned version of the Jedi uniforms we saw in TCW and elsewhere. The lightsaber design is patently ridiculous, though; I understand them wanting to be unique and different, and they've already well plumbed the well of difference with the various Sith-lite lightsabers in TCW (Curved, double, quadruple, etc). But still, is there anything wrong with just giving him a plain old single bladed lightsaber? Or, if you want to be really different, give him a light-staff, a la Darth Nihl from the Legacy comics. Taking an idea from a toy has worked somewhat in the past (See: the Eta-9 from RotS) but this... no. It looks bulky and silly.

It'll be interesting if they do have a lightsaber fight at some point down the line in the show to see how they choreograph around having two blades and such an impractically shaped handle. Unless it spins exactly the same way the toy does (The outer part with the blade spinning around the inner part where the handle is) I don't see it giving him an advantage in combat aside from maybe making his opponent die laughing.

Contessa and Revanfan1 like this.
  3. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    If the arc is made of material that is near-impervious to lightsabers, like phrik or Mandalorian iron, it allows him to blow attempts to sunder his weapon.

Still looks unwieldy though.

Contessa likes this.
  4. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Even in Starwars, size will always matter :p

5. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    ugh those are all terrible. Everyone knows lightfoils look the best.

[​IMG]

Gorefiend, Cynical_Ben and Revanfan1 like this.
  6. kecen

kecen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    I've never heard about lightfoils before. SW authors should use them more.
    The Inquisitor is a Pau'an? Huh, now that I look closer, he does have those corduroy lines on his face. At least I know that Pau'ans haven't been relegated to "good" or "evil" as a species.

7. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    It's actually one of the ST's more laudable creature design decisions that a species so overtly "evil" looking was cast as (generally) benevolent.

Contessa and JoinTheSchwarz like this.
  8. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    You're accidentally leaking your inside information!

9. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    Quick! To the Twitters! Pau'ans in the Sequel Trilogy confirmed! I heard it from a very reliable source!

Lazy Storm Trooper likes this.
  10. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    *smoke bomb*

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  11. Quinnocent-Till-Sith

Quinnocent-Till-Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2004
    And then TFU cast one as a Sith because *sigh*.

12. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
  13. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Should've been a lightwhip.
    [​IMG]

14. The_Phantom_Calamari

The_Phantom_Calamari Force Ghost star 5

Nov 10, 2011

Actually, Ventress is a Dathomirian. [face_devil]

JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  15. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
  16. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Everybody's a Dathomirian. Maul's a Dathomirian. Vader will be a Dathomirian. Yoda will be a Dathomirian. The Celestials will be Dathomirians. It's all one big happy Dathomirian family.

17. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm envisioning Yoda as a Nightbrother now. And laughing my ass off. Thanks BC. [face_laugh]

Lazy Storm Trooper and mes520 like this.
  18. Ezekial

Ezekial Jedi Master star 3

May 24, 2002
    The saving grace of the clone wars was that the bar had been set so low...

Rebels of course I'm going to watch it, but I'm not so sure about the setting. I've been disappointed by the Dark Times comics, none of them have been compelling. The only compelling eras are the KOTOR period or the Legacy period.

19. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Things you will only hear from EU fans.

20. JMaster Luke

JMaster Luke Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 7, 2000
    Does anyone think Mara Jade might be shown on this show?

darklordoftech likes this.
  21. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Could the holocron from TCW be connected to her?

22. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    The idea of Force-user children working for Palpatine clearly was...

darklordoftech likes this.
  23. JMaster Luke

JMaster Luke Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 7, 2000
    I remember an episode where a holo rob was stolen from the Jedi temple. I don't remember to much but what was shown that makes you think there was a Mara jade connection?

24. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    Could be, she could have been from one of the force sensitive families, on the Holocron, in the "Children of the Force Arc" She'd either be 14, or 15 during the first season of Rebels, plus she's the only EU character getting Merchandise in 2014, from the pre sale Star Wars EU.
    She's in both Wave 2, and wave 3 of the black series, she's getting a model kit in April, and a 75 dollar Bishoujoo figure, in May.

The reason for the connection is the fact that it makes a plausible origin for Mara Jade, serving under Palpatine, along with other force sensitive children. Plus disney/LFL know that she already has a strong fan, and consumer base. JJ would like her because she's a force sensitive version of his character from Alias, and Dave Filoni, is a big EU fan, and she;s the big fish of the post ROTJ EU.

Revanfan1 and darklordoftech like this.
  25. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    The holocron identified Force-sensitive babies. Sidious was trying to steal it in order to raise those babies to serve him. I was suggesting that when Vader attacks the Jedi temple in ROTS, he claims the holocron for Sidious and Mara Jade is one of the babies that the holocron identifies.