main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Buff, NY Star Wars Rebels

Discussion in 'Buffalo, NY' started by JediXXL, May 20, 2013.

1. Lee Solara

Lee Solara North Ridge Secretary star 2

Oct 30, 2013
    We watched the Star Wars run of 2 shows last night. Kick' it and Phineas and Ferb. Very funny. Aiden almost jumped off the couch at the Rebels preview. He is excited about it to say the least. We will see.

2. JediXXL

JediXXL Force Ghost star 6

Apr 11, 2003
    Your Empire would like to officially welcome you as a citizen of Lothal. www.HoloNetNews.com
    [​IMG]

3. JediXXL

Apr 11, 2003
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    We were taking our pictures and people were taking their own shots thinking we were part of the display and not real...

Lee Solara and Rystan like this.
  4. JediXXL

Apr 11, 2003
  5. JediXXL

Apr 11, 2003
    Here are the details from Disney Channel on the one-hour long premiere episode titled “Spark of Rebellion”:​
    STAR WARS REBELS: SPARK OF REBELLION” AVAILABLE ON WATCH DISNEY XD, MONDAY SEPTEMBER 29;
    PREMIERE TELECAST ON DISNEY CHANNELS AROUND THE WORLD ON OCTOBER 3

6. Spice Smuggler

Spice Smuggler Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 29, 2013
    I read the book a few weeks ago about the jedi and the twilek from the show. It wasn't bad. They seem like cool characters, with a lot of depth. They really focused on what it's like for a jedi to be in hiding and not being able to use the force or help people- because they might get outed as a jedi. They also have a lot of fun with the fact that no one is around to tell the main character that he can't form attachments through relationships. There's also a lot about the empire's extensive surveillance network. There were definitely a lot of darker elements to the book, which I hope make it into the show.

7. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    Anyone seen the mini clips on Disney OD? The Ezra one is pretty cool. He encounters a TIE Pilot who was shot down and steals his helmet.

8. Rock Nightshifter

Rock Nightshifter North Ridge Diplomat star 3

Oct 27, 2013
    We watched Rebels tonight! It is available on the "Watch Disney XD app". I want to read the New Dawn book. Has anyone read it yet?

9. JediXXL

Apr 11, 2003
  10. BobaChris12

Aug 30, 2002
    Looking forward to this!

11. WookieeJedi

WookieeJedi Merchandise Coordinator/North Ridge Diplomat star 4

Jun 15, 2009
    Well since Disney had to put it on channel I have to pay extra for I guess I won't be watching it

12. JDuffPhoto

JDuffPhoto Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 3, 2010
    Pilot was really good. Fast paced and I wish it were a full two hour movie so they could expand a bit more, but I'm excited to see where it goes.

13. BobaChris12

Aug 30, 2002

I'm pretty sure Time Warner lets you see the XD programming on demand. You might have to wait a day to see it but it beats paying for more channels you won't watch.

14. JediXXL

Apr 11, 2003
    I have XD now. I'll be watching it...

15. WookieeJedi

Jun 15, 2009
    My time warner on demand only gets the local networks ....abc..nbc...cbs...fox. So I will just have to invite myself over to peoples house to watch it LOL

16. jediprof

jediprof Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 2009
    Enjoyed watching Rebels with the boys. Also read New Dawn. It was pretty good.
    My favorite Star Wars book I have read recently was Kenobi. Scoundrels was also pretty good.

17. JediXXL

Apr 11, 2003
    So far I like it...

18. Rock Nightshifter

Rock Nightshifter North Ridge Diplomat star 3

Oct 27, 2013
    I've watched the show with the family and I have the feeling that it is going to get better with time. It started out a bit slow for me, but I like where the direction of the show is going. I also love the homage to all the Ralph Maquarie artwork.

19. WookieeJedi

Jun 15, 2009
    Im still on the fence with this show.... it doesn't quite grab me like Clone Wars did...well except for the Asoka season.. but I do agree with Dan about loving the Ralph McQuarrie artwork

Rock Nightshifter likes this.
  20. BigDanLevitan

BigDanLevitan Jedi Master star 5

Jun 26, 2005
    I dont have xd. Plus the show doesn't interest me. It looks too disney.....

21. Lee Solara

Lee Solara North Ridge Secretary star 2

Oct 30, 2013
    I'm going to go for Sabine! Maybe for SWN2015?

Rock Nightshifter likes this.
  22. JediXXL

Apr 11, 2003
    They released the last episodes of the Clone Wars on DVD.

The last 3 episodes with Yoda were the best.

23. Jonathan Xavier Jones

Jonathan Xavier Jones Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 10, 2012
    I watch the episodes online and I have to say that I am enjoying them, but it certainly is not the same as Clone wars. Which I can understand, they are telling us stories about a time period that's not on people's minds as much as the Clone Wars was and they are also not focusing on characters that people can readily identify with as well (like Anakin and Obi-wan etc.) I like the show for telling the tale of these band of people flying through space (which is soo very empty it seems) but it doesn't do that much for me as a Star Wars canon story.

24. JediXXL

Apr 11, 2003
    This was originally going to be a Live Action series

25. WookieeJedi

Jun 15, 2009
    Im still on the fence with this show after seeing about 4 episodes.[face_sigh]