main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oceania Star Wars: Rebels

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Corellian_Outrider, Oct 10, 2014.

1. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    The brand new animated series had premiered already on the Disney Channel and for those that do not have Foxtel, it will be aired this Saturday, 11th October, on 7mate at 4:30pm. Set about 5 years before ANH, the series will follow a ragtag bunch during the time of the Empire with a spark of Rebellion.

Trailer

They also released 4 exclusive short stories online.

The Machine in the Ghost

Art Attack

Entanglement

Property of Ezra Bridger

What do you think of the concept and the direction they are taking this new series?

2. Rebel_Padawan

Rebel_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 11, 2003
    I have enjoyed the episodes so far. Very keen to see where this show will go!

Corellian_Outrider likes this.
  3. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I was lucky to catch the premiere episode. Not sure when the next one will come on air but will mention here as soon as I do. I see they have a season pass on iTunes for $10 and I am tempted to do that.

As a quick non spoiler review. I thought the episode was a good introduction to the characters and to see their dynamics between each other. I love Hera, Sabine and some of Chopper's attitude. Curious to see where it will go with Kanan and Ezra. The vehicles are great to watch in motion, the art direction is inspired by classic Ralph McQuarrie and Kevin Kiner's music definitely has more of a classic John Williams feel to it. Overall, it is a solid opening and I enjoyed it.

Looking forward to seeing more.

4. Rebel_Padawan

Apr 11, 2003
    I think Chopper is quickly becoming my new favourite Astromech!

I had assumed that the episodes were going to exclusively air on Foxtel so I was surprised to randomly come across the episode airing on 7mate on Sat arvo. I was only flicking and didn't stay on the channel, as I had already seen it. Had a bit of a look at some online tv guides and there doesn't appear to be any further episodes in that same time slot at this stage. Would be disappointing if they only intend to show the first episode.

Also just had a look at that season pass on iTunes because $10 seemed too good to be true and I think I am right as I think it appears to only be the first episode 'Spark of Rebellion' and the 6 behind the scenes videos.

Found this too which is interesting:
    Jones will portray Vader in a special scene of the premere episode/movie "Spark of Rebellion" on the ABC broadcast set to air Sunday, October 26 (7:00 p.m. ET/PT). Executive producer Dave Filoni states, “We wanted to do something special for the ABC broadcast. We’ve added a scene which gives audiences insight into the Inquisitor and includes a cameo by Darth Vader voiced by the distinguished actor James Earl Jones.”

5. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    So far no new update yet on free-to-air which is a shame. Unless they are going to be a week or 2 after the cable aired ones which means we got another week to go before it comes on again on.

The fine print on the iTunes one says "Watch Star Wars Rebels Saturdays on Seven" and that the Season Pass "includes all current and future episodes of Star Wars Rebels, Spark of Rebellion."Hmmm… seems like we have to wait for the free-to-air network to air more episodes before they start appearing on iTunes. If it does get updated then I might go ahead with the season pass.

Oh… that would be great if we did get that Vader scene too. Surprised and glad that they did go to James Earl Jones to reprise the voice of the character, kinda like how they got Liam Neeson back several times for Qui-Gon in TCW. I wonder if they recorded more of James Earl Jones for several other scenes further into the series.

6. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Okay…. looks like it is on Ch 7mate again on Friday at 4:30pm for an hour but got a sneaky feeling that it is a repeat of the first episode again. If so, I wonder if it will include the Darth Vader scene.

7. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    This is pretty interesting to know the lengths they are going to make it as authentic as possible to the classic era.

Rebel_Padawan likes this.
  8. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    I wasn't even aware it was on free to air here in Australia, this is great news :)

9. Rebel_Padawan

Apr 11, 2003
    The pilot episode was, haven't seen anything since.

10. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    They aired the pilot twice and the second time was not the special edition with Vader. I've been checking the guides each week and no new content yet unfortunately.

The iTunes page has also removed the note about Saturdays on 7Mate and no new episodes on there either. Disappointed about that.

11. I_am_Kooky

I_am_Kooky Sth Aust. Chapter Representative star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    I was a wee bit skeptical but I am actually really enjoying it! Cant wait to see more of it :)

12. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I am glad to hear, sounds like it is doing quite well. I am looking forward to catching up with it. :)

13. I_am_Kooky

Jun 28, 2004
    Its good. It really is. . .I hope the new movie will be good as well :p

14. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    The pilot episode aired again last weekend, along with the latest episode before the mid season break (Episode number 8). It had the added Darth Vader scene as well as Kallus kicking the Stormtrooper too, both scenes being omitted before.

15. MrCody

MrCody Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 4, 2013
    The last episode Path of the Jedi was really best episode so far!!

16. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I am glad to hear that it just keeps getting better and better. I am glad that they also put up the behind the scenes featurettes on their YT channel too, great to hear about a certain Scoundrel making an appearance.

iTunes has put up a new season pass for Vol 1 of the Season but I might just wait for the whole thing to come out on box set as it has been a bit unreliable.

17. I_am_Kooky

Jun 28, 2004
    Just watched the final for season one. . .

OH MY FORCE!!!! . . .I . . .AH. . . . GGAHHHHH!!!! I have to WAIT for more!?!!?!??! its not fair, it was epic!!!

Jedi Daniel likes this.
  18. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    It was a brilliant episode wasn't it :D

I_am_Kooky likes this.
  19. I_am_Kooky

Jun 28, 2004
    Loved it! OHHHH the Possibilities are now endless like. . .do they and Dose this mean and could this happen and what about that?? and AHHH!!
    I am loving the Rebels, my ONLY complaint, (minor at that) is that the lightsabre blades are too darn skinny! like. . . so pointy!

Jedi Daniel likes this.
  20. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    The lightsaber blades are quite inconsistent between the movies, The Clone Wars and Rebels, I'm not sure why though.

21. Rebel_Padawan

Apr 11, 2003
    Still haven't watched Rebels past the fourth episode. Will probably wait for the dvd (or possibly blu-ray). I don't understand why season one only has 13 episodes (not including Spark of Rebellion) and yet I have read that season 2 will most likely be a full 22 episodes...

A quibble of mine also!
    The video posted above by Corellian_Outrider "Igniting a Legacy" briefly explains that for Rebels they wanted to emulate the aesthetic of the sabres from the Original Trilogy. So it seems the less developed special effects of the late 70s/ early 80s 'enhanced' the design in their view, in contrast to the Prequels and Clone Wars where there was no reason not to have them as solid, consistent blades given the quality of SFX available today.

I_am_Kooky likes this.
  22. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I can guess that Season 1 was a test to gauge the waters and only limited amount of resources/time available to produce the show with the deadline. I did remember hearing Disney green lit the second season before the series premiered so that is a sign of confidence. Only now hearing that it be around 22-24 episodes.

I haven't seen the finale yet, soon though hopefully. From what I have seen of the series so far, the impression I got regarding the fighting styles is that it mostly feels more like the fencing style of the OT, especially with Kanan.

Also, there are some spoilers but some behind the scenes on the finale and insight into the new season:

23. Rebel_Padawan

Apr 11, 2003
    So by chance I came across two episodes of Rebels airing on 7mate last night (Friday 5:45pm) They were Empire Day and Gathering Forces. Some good character moments for Ezra but didn't find them particularly memorable episodes.

24. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Ahh, nice catch there.

I wish it was available on Netflix so can watch the whole season in one go. Maybe when it has done its run on 7Mate…

At least they have the complete TCW on Netflix, including the lost missions.

25. Rebel_Padawan

Apr 11, 2003
    Speaking of The Lost Missions, it's finally getting a dvd/blu-ray release at the end of April!