main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN STAR WARS Reference in "x" T.V or movie

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Kir Kanos, Mar 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    There was another Stargate: SG-1 episode (don't know which one... I've only seen Seasons 1-3) where Jack and Teal'c go over to Sam's place and bring a copy of Star Wars. Jack says something like "Teal'c loves this movie. He's seen it, what... eight times?" Teal'c replies "Nine times." I saw that clip on Stargate: SG-1 -- The Lowdown right before the Season Seven premiere.

2. JediToren

JediToren Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2000
    That's "Ascension" as I recall, guest starring Sean Patrick Flannery as Orlin.

3. DVDMaster

DVDMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2003
    OK, this is a little bit of a stretch, but this week's episode of the Osbournes showed that Jack has an ROTJ poster proudly displayed on his wall near the door from his room. It was the version that's mostly black with Luke's (?) hands holding a lightsaber aloft and covered in a blue ghostly hue (you can only see the hands & saber).

4. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    On tonight's "Whose Line is it Anyway?", they had "Songs of Sci-Fi". Wayne did a jitterbug called "Obi-Wan Kenobi in a Long Brown Robi". Colin got up out of the chair and danced with him.

5. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    In the 2nd season SG-1 episode "Need" O'Neill tells Daniel that he has to stop using the sarcophagus or else, "You're going to go all 'Dark Side' on us."

6. jedichic07

jedichic07 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2002
    on "I love the 70's" on VH1 they mentioned Star Wars..:)

7. Toymaster

Toymaster Jedi Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    This isn't from a TV or a movie, but I am really curious about something I heard on the radio...they said that Quiznos now has something called a "Tusken Chicken Sandwich". Hmmm...

8. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    Heh. I believe that's spelled "Tuscan" (as in Tuscany, Italy).

9. jedichic07

jedichic07 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2002
    HA!Shows where Mike's mind was then!

10. skip1

skip1 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    tonight i went out to dinner at "fletcher's" pizza over off donelson pike.
    while in there we were watching the titans vs bengals game and one time when they came back from commercials they were playing the imperial march.

it was cool to hear my theme song on tv!!!

11. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    Another "Undergrads" SW quote came to mind when hearing about Frank Oz's illness today. In one episode Gimpy (the super SW fan with one eye bigger than the other) calls together his group of SW geeks to debate if Yoda sounds more like Grover or Miss Piggy.

Had never thought about Yoda's voice until I saw that show, but I do hear a lot of Grover in the Jedi Master.

12. DVDLord

DVDLord Jedi Youngling

Jun 16, 2003
    In last Sunday's Treehouse of Horrer XIV, there were 2 SW refrences.

In the segment with Prof. Frink's father slowly building a new body from the parts of the townspeople we discover that he for some reason took Comic Book Guy's (CBG) rear-end.
    CBG: "You many keep my posterior, just please return the 'Jabba the Butt' tattoo."

In the "Stop the World, I Want to Goof Off" segment in the mob of people who want to kill Bart & Milhouse we see that CBG is armed with an activated green lightsaber.

13. TK-6873

TK-6873 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 17, 2003
    In the movie 'Armagedon', two of the oil drillers that are going into space argue about who is going to be Han Solo and who is Chewbacca.

14. DVDLord

DVDLord Jedi Youngling

Jun 16, 2003
    This week's That 70s Show had a great SW "speech." Donna is about to go away to college while Eric remains to help the family with $$ matters. Eric tells the guys about "going-away sex" and how Donna gets the urge when she gets sad about her being away:

"Yeah, I have so much power over Donna now; it's like I know how Obi-Wan Kenobi feels. 'These aren't the droids you're looking for.' Man, I wish I could do It with Donna in a landspeeder on Tatooine. That'd be so awesome!"

I'd gladly give up an arm for that same opportunity!

15. Toymaster

Jan 19, 2002
    Last night on the Simpsons, Lenny and Karl argued over which sucked more, Phantom Menace or Attack of the Clones, while fighting with make-shift "nuclear" lightsabers in the power plant.

16. skip1

skip1 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    in yesterday's newspaper there was an article on the band"radiohead".
    the picture was of lead man Thom Yorke and he was wearing a tshirt that said "no star wars"
    any idea what that was about???

17. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    On tonight's Simpsons, Bart fantasizes about what to do with a $1000 bill, and dreams about having a party on the moon. R2-D2 is playing a bass guitar.

18. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    Don't know if many of you watch the UK version of "Coupling" on the BBC America, but they've made many SW references in past shows.

Once they were having a political argument and while the Liberals (Democrats) were accussing the Tory's (Republicans) of being the dark empire, the Tory's reminded the Liberal character that power had changed in the UK government (about the same time when Clinton came into office) and now the Liberals were the Dark Empire and the Tories were the Rebel alliance, and then they began to hum Lord Vader's Theme (musical miscue).

Last night's show centered around erectal disfunction which they called "The Melty Man." The Melty Man was described as being, "Darth Vader without the helmet." When the male character is psyching himself up in the bathroom (mentally of course) the Melty Man appears and the scene uses camera shots, lighting and dialogue from the scenes in ESB between Luke and Vader on the weather vane ("I'm your father" scenes). Very funny stuff!

There have been other SW refrences on the show, but those 2 stand out the most.

19. skip1

skip1 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    saw something last night ive never noticed before ,,,
    in the movie TRON there is a star wars reference.i got the new anniv. dvd for christmas and was watching it last night.

in Alan's office there is a banner that says " Dont Klaatu Barada Nikto"
    its on his right,our left.its most visible when they are about to break in the system,just before jeff bridges character is sucked in.

wasnt Tron made around the same time as ROTJ?
    those definately arent well known names.so somebody on the Tron set must have been on the ROTJ set as well,or something like that.

check it out.

20. Toymaster

Jan 19, 2002
    That or they were a fan of The Day the Earth Stood Still.

21. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    Those three words also make an appearance in "Army of Darkness." Michael's right, though... The Day the Earth Stood Still used them first, in 1951. GL was about seven years old at the time.

22. skip1

skip1 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    my guess is that it was a "day the earth stood still "banner.nothing to do with ROTJ.totally a coincidence that lucas used those 3 names for skiff guards.

23. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    In Mom and Dad Save the World, the hero (Dick Nelson) has to jump down the garbage chute to escape "troopers". Also, the "death ray" reminds me a lot of a certain moon-sized space station.

24. Scruff

Scruff Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 1999
    Last night on Justice League, Green Lantern told his former instructor that she was beginning to sound like Yoda.

25. Scruff

Scruff Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 1999
    Was watching "Mythbusters," they removed the musical part of an accordian and while pumping on it only air came out. One of the guys said "I am your father."

The same episode also had the narrator used the phrase "Jedi Masters."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.