main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars references in movies and television.

Discussion in 'Archive: Ann Arbor, MI' started by YodasBrownEyedGirl, Feb 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YodasBrownEyedGirl

YodasBrownEyedGirl Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 18, 2003
    On various television shows or in movies we have heard Star Wars characters, lines, etc. mentioned as part of a story line or as a joke or as a oneliner. I always got excited when I heard my favorite movies being quoted or mentioned by people other than me. I thought it might be interesting to see how many different places people have heard Star Wars being mentioned. You can put specifics like the actual lines stated, to basic, just mentioning what movie/show it's from. The next time I watch that particular movie/program I'll be looking for it.

I'll start. One of my favorite tv shows right now is the West Wing. (Don't make me sad by reminding me it's in its last season.) Anyways, In it's 5th season, during an Episode called "An Khe", a Darth Vader comment is made regarding the Congress or Senate or something like that. Maybe I'll bring the disc to the next meeting.

2. Idgie

Idgie Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    'Buffy the Vampire Slayer' used to have quite a few SW references.Speaking of final seasons,'Alias' has them occasionally,but the references are more subtle.In the game 'Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb',Indy says 'I have a bad feeling about this...' quite a few times,but he could have been talking about about the way I was playing the game. [face_laugh]

3. DetroitBountyHunter

DetroitBountyHunter Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 10, 2003
    One of my favorites would have to be the animated show family guy. So many to choose from but one would have to be when the talking dog brian goes into a speech about lando turning over han to fett and lando loseing his way and forgetting who he is. It makes me crack up everytime they do stuff. Another one is the father peter picturing his children in his head and not being able to picture one, instead replaceing the child with a mental picture of boba fett; great stuff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.