main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars References in TV Shows/Movies

Discussion in 'Archive: Philippines' started by jedi_ginny, Apr 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_ginny

jedi_ginny Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2002
    Ooh. Pretty good. :)

I saw two references lately. One from the Mr. Bean animated series where Bean had Teddy hold a flashlight and use it like a lightsaber to kill off a monster. Also in Johnny Bravo, there's one where Johnny is fighting off aliens with a lightsaber and a scene where he was confronted by a hologram asking for help because he was her only hope, all projected by a robot that looks like Artoo. :D

2. jedi_ginny

jedi_ginny Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2002
    In Disney Channel's "That's So Raven", today's episode featured Raven's brother in a lightsaber fight with their Grandma!! :)

3. AnakinDoe

AnakinDoe Jedi Youngling

Apr 7, 2004
    In Zoolander, Ben Stiller is about to challenge Owen Wilson. He says it tlike this, "Then let's do it one on one, Han Solo."

4. bluejem3

bluejem3 Jedi Youngling

Apr 7, 2003
    In the Powerpuff Girls, the girls had to destory a giant disco ball. They swooped down on a trench at the surface of the ball. They had to use their eye lasers to shoot a small hole at the end of the trench. The scene very much looked like the one in Ep 4 =)

5. AnakinDoe

AnakinDoe Jedi Youngling

Apr 7, 2004
    Another one about Zoolander, Natalie Portman made a cameo appearance. And when Ben Stiller is sitting at breakfast, his roomates discuss about Owen Wilson who mentions Jar Jar's line, "Exsqueeze me."

6. general_tongderbolt

general_tongderbolt Jedi Youngling

Aug 12, 2004
    Does anyone remember the short-lived Steven Spielberg animated series "Freakazoid?" There was a character named "Fanboy," a rotund nerd who claims to be the biggest fanatic of every science fiction film or television program. His first appearance saw him and Freakazoid chasing each other all over a sci-fi convention until they bumped into Mark Hammill who was signing SW memorabilia. Fanboy chases Hammill until eventually the actor is found hanging from a metal pole, just as he was in the final duel in "The Empire Strikes Back."

The dialogue then went something like this (Correct me if there are any discrepancies. Thanks!).

Fanboy: "Luke, I'm your biggest fan! Come with me!"
    Mark Hammill: "No! Stay away from me!"
    Fanboy: "Join me, and together, we will rule the galaxy as Fanboy and Son!"
    Mark Hammill: "Noooooooo!"

7. general_tongderbolt

Aug 12, 2004
    Also, there are some SW preferences in the Simpsons.

1. Homer and Marge's first "date" movie was The Empire Strikes Back. After the movie, Homer compliments Marge by saying she's "as beautiful as Princess Leia and as wise as Yoda."

2. The Imperial March is played during some of Mr. Burns' appearances.

3. Ralph Wiggum's book report diorama is actually a collection of unopened Kenner SW action figures. Principal Skinner confesses his love for SW, and that his favorite character is Chewbacca.

4. Mufasa (from Disney's Lion King), Darth Vader, and James Earl Jones appear in the night sky as Lisa says goodbye to a dear departed jazz musician friend.

Mufasa: "You must avenge my death, Kimba...err, I mean, Simba."
    Vader: "Luke, I am your father."
    Jones: "This is CNN."
    Bleeding Gums Murphy: "Will you three shut up? I'm trying to say goodbye to Lisa!"
    Mufasa, Vader, and Jones: "We are sorry."

8. general_tongderbolt

Aug 12, 2004
    I remember watching reruns of The Muppet Show from the late 1970s. There was one episode with Mark Hammill (both as himself and his "cousin" Luke Skywalker), Chewbacca, C-3PO, and R2-D2 as guests. The most common question some of the Muppets asked Mark Hammill (as Luke) was "Who's your tailor? I love your outfit!"

The episode ended with Chewie and the droids doing a little dance number and Mark Hammill singing "When You Wish Upon a Star" with the rest of the cast.

9. StompboXX

StompboXX Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 13, 2002
    Yeah, I remember that! C3PO dancing! Mark Hammill singing!

Eto pa...
    Kermit: So Mark...can you do anything?
    Mark: I can do impressions!
    Kermit: No really, can you do anything?

A riot. LOL

10. general_tongderbolt

Aug 12, 2004
    Just a short one from a fairly recent episode of the Simpsons.

Homer is sitting on a park bench wearing a dusty brown suit and holding a box of chocolates a la Forrest Gump. He is arrested by Chief Wiggum since it is illegal in Springfield to impersonate popular motion picture characters. Camera shifts to Moe who is arrested for impersonating Austin Powers. He is then brought to a police van with Doctor Hibbert inside. Hibbert, the African-American physician who laughs at the most inappropriate of times, is wearing a Darth Vader costume.

Doc Hibbert: "Luke, I am your father. Heheheheheh."

11. general_tongderbolt

Aug 12, 2004
    More SW references! Sorry folks but I seem to be on a roll. I can't help making my own mark in this forum. Hehehehe. Thanks again for welcoming me. :)

Futurama
    1. Many objects in the series look like lightsabers since they emit a powerful beam of colored laser light, but these are actually "everyday" objects such as police nightsticks, kitchenware, etc.
    2. Fry's helmet which he wears whenever the Planet Express delivery ship is engaged in combat looks strikingly similar to the helmet worn by Rebel starfighter pilots.
    =====
    Simpsons
    A Halloween special features Lucy Lawless (as Xena the Warrior Princess) fighting the evil Collector (the fat comic book guy in a cheap costume). The Collector unleashes his "secret weapon."

Collector: "Behold, the original Darth Maul lightsaber from 'Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace.'"
    Lucy Lawless: "But you took it out of the box. It's already lost its collector's value."
    Collector: "What? Nooooooooooo!"
    =====
    Defenders of Dynatron City (short-lived animated series by Lucasfilm)
    One of the heroes in the series flies around a giant robot and tries to bring it down with a long cable, much like Rogue Squadron did against the AT-ATs in The Empire Strikes Back. He fails to bring the robot down.

"That's funny. It worked in 'Star Wars.'"
    =====
    Little Giants (Disney film starring Rick Moranis)

Some kids are training for a smalltown football game. They have different headgear for protection, with one of them wearing a Darth Vader helmet minus the face mask.
    =====
    Back to the Future

Michael J. Fox (as Marty McFly) wears a radiation suit to intimidate his future dad into going to an upcoming dance with his future mom.

Marty: "Greetings, earth man. I am Darth Vader."
    =====
    Nikki (sitcom starring Nikki Cox)

Nikki's husband Dwight tries to do a favor for his boss, Jupiter.

Dwight: "I owe the man a lot, Nikki. He's like my father in a Darth Vader sort of way."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.