main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars References in...

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Sith_Slayer, Dec 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    Given, the impact that the Star Wars films have had on pop culture for the past 25-plus years. I thought it might be nifty to share some of our fave references as they pop up in other mediums.

For instance:

That 70's Show is famous/infamous for making the obligatory SW reference.

Buffy and company were diehard Lucasians

Simpsons have often been fond of venturing to that galaxy far, far away as well.

Of course, the US Military adopted the quintessential reference in its own satellite-based anti-nuclear warfare campaign. Ah yes, the joys of being Republican...

2. RubberDuckTape

RubberDuckTape Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 27, 2003
    You can't forget that EVERY SINGLE Kevin Smith movie has star wars references. He even mentioned it in an Fan film thing on the Sci Fi channel (I think that was where it was) and asked why he had never gotten a letter from Lucas.

3. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    Don't forget Mel Brooks's Spaceballs. [face_devil]

[image=http://ia.imdb.com/media/imdb/01/I/64/42/71m.jpg]

4. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    Alias:

(mild season 2 spoiler, for the purists out there)

Highlight to read.

Marshall goes on his first field mission and speaks "Ewok" to a security guard.

He also later paraphrases Luke Skywalker's infamous, "I'm Luke Skywalker, and I'm here to rescue you".

5. cyodarun

cyodarun Retired RMFF CR star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    A few months ago Jack on Young and the Breathless mentioned "the darkside" :)

6. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    I think that South Park may tie Mr. Smith for # of SW References ;)

7. Dantes-Hell

Dantes-Hell Jedi Youngling

Dec 8, 2003
    family guy has a number of star wars references as well...

such as stewie's first "meeting" with santa claus, where he tries to shoot him with a laser gun and santa blocks each shot with his hand, and then pulls the gun from stewie's hand through some mysterious "force"

or when peter has three young birds living in his beard, and says "hey, three birds, just like my 3 children" and chris and stewie's faces appear on the first two birds, and on the htird bird, he has trouble remembering his third child and imagines boba fetts head on it... and peter laughs and says "Sweet"

or peter bets his star wars figures when lois asks if he fixed the sink, but he suddenly thinks and says "but not boba fett, i'll never risk him" or something like that

theres plenty

8. darthOB1

darthOB1 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 22, 2000
    Since I have kids and I think its one of the better cartoons these days, [face_blush] but Fairly Odd Parents had a pretty funny reference to the "Luke I am your father".....

[face_laugh]

Guess you had to see it!

9. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    Ross lived every 1980's adolescent male's fantasy when Rachel dressed up as Slave Leia on Friends.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.