main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Star Wars References on other TV shows" data bank

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darth_Malt, Mar 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikeSolo

MikeSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2002
    Clerks The Cartoon Series...it was ABC for a few days :p

Dante n Randal get locked in the freezer and Randal say its Hoth cold in here. Then when Jay and Slient Bob get locked in the freezer with Dante and Randal...Jay talks about if he was a Jedi he could use his lightsaber to kept everyone warm.

2. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    Home Improvement:
    Tim talks about one of his tools, can't remember which one, and says this:

"This is the Yoda of my toolbench."

3. Darth_Malt

Darth_Malt Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 21, 2003
    When should Version 2.0 of this thread come out?

4. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    There's nothing wrong with how this thread is right now. There's no reason to have a version 2.0.

5. Darth_Malt

Jan 21, 2003
    Jeff, this thread is way to small to update it. I was just kind of wondering if it gets big enough, when do I need a version 2.0?

I agree, this only has about 7% of all the references from all the shows that have had one.

By the way: Did anyone catch the Simpson's episode tonight? Theforce.net there was supposed to be a reference.

6. the_chosen_two

the_chosen_two Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 23, 2003
    I saw it, it was pretty funny. Here's how it goes:

Homers at the power plant and outside his window in a hallway Carl and Lenny are fighting each other with radioactive sticks. Looking and sounding like lightsabre.
    Lenny locks sabre with Carl then says, "PHANTOM MENACE SUCKS MORE!"
    Then Lenny fights back and goes, "ATTACK OF THE CLONES SUCKS EVEN MORE!"

I just watched that scene 5 minutes ago too, I guess the Simpson people are PT bashers. :p

7. Darth_Malt

Jan 21, 2003
    Very good post. I am glad that this is added to the data-bank.

8. Naccha

Naccha Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 1999
    Of course there was the infamous 3rd Rock from the Sun with Mark Hamill...he was pretending his hair dryer was a light saber and he re-enacted the whole hand cut off scene from ESB. It was pretty silly...

9. yes

yes Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 7, 2001
    Futurama is full of Star Wars references. In the first episode, the police officers whip out "light sabre" clubs to beat up Fry, to which Leela says "Officers! There's no need to use FORCE!"

10. Darth_Malt

Jan 21, 2003
    I watch Futurama every night on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim. They always have SW references. So, that needs to go on our list of most watched shows for looking for SW references.

11. LottDodd

LottDodd Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2002
    Simpson's People aren't neccesarily PT Bashers... Remember it WAS Comic Book Guy who Uttered the Beloved "Ahhhhh Jar Jar.... Nobody Loves You But Me."

Amen to that.

12. LittleGreenMaster

LittleGreenMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 19, 2002
    I agree, Some people didn't like that Star Wars reference Sunday on The Simpsons, But I thought it was Hysterical! :D And I Love the Prequels ;) Think about the two Idiots who said it! Lenny & Carl! :p I think it was meant as a compliment! :D Love the Simpsons :)

BTW, There was another smaller SW reference in that episode after Homer accidentally slides into the "Successmanship 101" class ;) The Teacher says... Friends there's a Force that runs throughout the universe

Also the That 70s Show episode that was centered around Star Wars had Loads of Star Wars stuff in it including a dream sequence where Eric becomes Luke, Hyde becomes Han, Kelso is Chewie, Donna is Leia, Red is Obi Wan & Jackie & Fez are Stormies :D

And Eric punches a kid who's trying to steal Donna away, He's the one who after the punch suddenly sounded like Vader ;)

The beginning of the episode starts in Space & We see the underside of a "ship" going by... The Vista Cruiser of course [face_mischief]

Newsradio Had an entire episode where the Newsroom is in Space & it's the Future & there are several Star Wars references :)

Theres also an episode where The Boss Jimmy says something about Star Wars incorrectly & Dave of course corrects him & Jimmy yells "Nerd Alert!!, Nerd Alert!!" :p
    There are A Lot more Newsradio ones I just can't think of them! Watch that show, It's Very Funny ;)

SNL On the Sketch about the college Potheads Jarrod & his friend Goby who have this Internet show, They started one time with Goby off camera "singing" the Imperial March as a very very very very long SW bong comes across the the screen! [face_laugh]

Hey peoples, a question...

Is there a Thread on Star Wars references in movies ?[face_plain] Just curious :D

13. Darth_Malt

Jan 21, 2003
    I was going to make a thread about Star Wars references in movies, but that would wear me out. So go ahead and make one.

Fururama
    On that "What-if" episode, Fry asked, "What if life was more like a video game?"/ Obviously, it was full of very funny video game references, but when Fry had to kill the "Space Invaders", the mother ship was making its way down and Fry could not hit it. Fry uttered the line, "I have a bad feeling about this." I found the reference and the episode its self very funny.

14. Attack_of_the_Ewoks

Attack_of_the_Ewoks Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 8, 2003
    South Park:
    Kyle is dressed up as Chewbacca for Halloween..as is everyone else, except for Cartman (who is Hitler) and stan (Raggedy Andy).
    Cartman says, "Why don't you go back to Endor you stupid Wookie!
    "Wookies don't live on Endor!"
    Mr. Garrison says, "All you little Chewbaccas take your seats!"

Another Halloween episode with the band Korn had Kenny dress up like an AT-ST. At the end in the credits, Snowspeeders trip him and blow him up. Wendy is dressed up like Chewbacca again and wins the costume contest.

In a more recent episode w/ George Lucas and Spielberg, the boys go to see the re-re-re-release of The Empire Strikes Back. The previews have the Special Editions of ET and Saving Private Ryan (w/ the guns digitally changed to walkie-talkies). B4 the movie start, a voice says, "Please note: In this version the word "Wookie" has been changed to "hair-challenged animal" and the entire cast has been digitally replaced by Ewoks. Later on, they try to stop Lucas and Spielberg from changing their movies (mainly Raiders of the Lost Ark) and break into Skywalker Ranch (where there is a ton of Star Wars stuff, incluing a picture of Lucas and Jar Jar). Lucas talks with the boys like in Return of the Jedi on Endor.
    "There is still good in you, Mr. Lucas."
    "It is too late for me, boys."
    The entire end is JUST like Raiders of the Lost Ark. The special edition of Raiders has Ewoks chasing Indiana Jones and it kills the audience (like the Ark).

15. Darth_Malt

Jan 21, 2003
    South Park
    There was an Episode that featured OJ's lawyer. They claimed in the show that the only way he won was by his talk about Chewbacca. Even though this doesn't make sense, it was hilarious when he said that Chewbacca is not from Endor, he is from Kashyyk. It was an older episode.

Another Episode of South Park had a great Star Wars reference. This episode was called, "Starvin Marvin". This episode feature someone stupid like Queen Latifa or someone like that was talking about how there are starving kids in Africa. Later in the episode when the kids return Starvin Marvin, they see that the same celebrity is eating all the food and she looks exactly like Jabba the Hutt.

Both episodes were classics.

16. Attack_of_the_Ewoks

Mar 8, 2003
    LOL. It wasn't Queen Latifah, it was Sally Struthers. She turned up in another episode talking in huttese and everything. Kenny gets frozen in carbonite. It was the greatest.

17. Darth_Malt

Jan 21, 2003
    MSNBC'S EXCLUSIVE COVERAGE OF IRAQ WAR
    The journalist made a very great Star Wars reference, but I am afraid he did not mean it.
    He was comparing all the field reporters with the soldiers and he said that when both soldiers and field reporters face the same challenges and dangers, they become one. He said that all field reporters had become "ONE WITH THE FORCE" and will remain that way until the end of the war. Clearly, he was referring to the "American Force" and not the "Lucas Force". It was still interesting to hear, though.

18. DarthSil

DarthSil Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 19, 2003
    It was OUR force dammit!!! ;)

Anyway, another great South Park Star Wars moment: the kids build a tree house and name it the Ewok Village.

You could do an entire thread of South Park Star Wars references. They're catching up to the Simpsons.

19. DarthStothe

DarthStothe Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 2, 2002
    Lizzie Maguire

The three friends were looking for a spot to write thier names on the wall, and they find a blank spot, but the star wars geek comes up and asks them a series of questions like: Were you born on Alderaan? and stuff and then tells them to find a different spot.

20. DarthStothe

Jun 2, 2002
    I just saw another one:

Fairly Odd Parents

Timmy makes a movie to impress this girl, and one of the scenes, he's in his dad's car and his friend (ofscreen) says: "You've turned off your targeting computers, whats wrong?" while Star Wars like music plays in the background.

21. Darth_Malt

Jan 21, 2003
    This databank is looking more like a databank now. It used to be a list, but someday, if and when I make version 2.0, I will put these references in order. It will be amazing.

I am saying to my self, [b[Dream On[/b]

22. the_chosen_two

the_chosen_two Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 23, 2003
    Whats the difference? Between list and a Databank.

I found another reference. While watching a show after school I came up to a show on Disney Channel called Lloyd in Space. You might not know it but it used to be on ABC. Anyways here it goes:

Lloyd(an alien) is being awarded in a ceremony, in the fashion of the end of A New Hope. Right before getting a medal the wall blows up and out come storm trooper lookin guys. Followed by a Vader look-a-like. They argue a bit while stating some classic Star Wars lines. They then fight with sabres and then Lloyds looses his. While on the ground, Vader says to Lloyd, "Lloyd, I am your...(ring) your...(ring) what the heck is that"
    Lloyd then wakes up from a dream.

-Well thats it but I slightly remember in an episode of Futurama that there was a C-3PO typr droid, Ill post later when I remember.

23. DarthStothe

Jun 2, 2002
    Even Stevens

In the beggining thing with the opening show tune and credits, it shows the two kids fighting with tv controllers with beams shooting out of them, and they look pretty much like lightsabers.

24. Attack_of_the_Ewoks

Mar 8, 2003
    Cartman and Kenny build EWOK VILLAGE 2000 darthsil!

25. Attack_of_the_Ewoks

Mar 8, 2003
    Another one is where Cartman goes to I think the Maury Povich show and he is fighting with an out-of control girl and he says, "Whateva I digitally inserted Jabba the Hutt back into the original Star Wars. Whateva, Ill do what I want!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.