main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Star Wars References on other TV shows" data bank

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darth_Malt, Mar 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    I thought of another South Park one that I don't think anyone mentioned.

The Jackalophsaurses (sp??) episode was obviously about Jar Jar. I remember wondering how it could be cause it came out like the day after TPM opened and I was impressed they were able to get the refrence in there.

Family Guy last night. (He's Too Sexy for His Fat). Peter told Chris that at least he wasn't as fat as uncle Jabba Griffen (or something like that). Then it showed a Jabba like slug in glasses.

2. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    Angel
    Home

Yet another refrence to falling to the dark side.

Mission Hill
    Andy and Kevin Make a Friend (or One Bang for Two Brothers)

Andy and Kevin have a lightsaber like fight at a SF convention. Lots of other stuff thrown in since it is a SF convention.

3. DarthStothe

DarthStothe Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 2, 2002
    I just saw this one and thought of this thread!

FRIENDS:

(Ross is angry because his speech got erased)

Joey: If it would help, I could teach you this speech I memorized for an audition.

Ross: I don't think your monologue from Star Wars is gonna help me right now, Joe!

4. DarthStothe

Jun 2, 2002
    Another one I just noticed:

FRIENDS:

(Ross recapping what happened in his speech so he can write another copy)

Joey: Any chance any of this happened in a Galaxy Far, Far Away?

5. Grand_Duchess_Olga

Grand_Duchess_Olga Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    Has anyone mentioned the Friends where one of the women (I don't watch the show) dresses up like Princess Leia, with the buns from ANH?

Ok, I'm sure this was a t.v. movie, back in the early 80's. Gary Coleman plays this kid with an active imagination (who lives in New York city). He and a female friend was running away from some bad guys, and he imagines he is Luke Skywalker, and his friend was Princess Leia, and the bad guys were dressed like stormtroppers.

6. Spacehunter24

Spacehunter24 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2003
    I don't know if these have been mentioned yet, but here's three SW references I can recall at the moment.

HOME IMPROVEMENT: A very early episode, probably from the first season. Tim is showing youngest son Mark some of his tools, one of which he says has been in his family for years. "This is the Yoda of my tools."

X-FILES: Don't recall which episode or season (one of the early ones), but Mulder is trying to get answers from someone who keeps replying with sophisticated stuff. He finally gets frustrated and exclaims, "Cut the Obi-Wan Kenobi crap!"

3rd ROCK FROM THE SON: John Lithgow (who played Yoda in the ESB/ROTJ radio dramas, ironically enough) comes home to find Joseph Gordon-Levitt watching a movie. "What's that?" "Oh, this movie called STAR WARS." Lithgow watches for a moment, then laughs and says, "Yeah, right. Like outer space is really that fun." And of course, the biggest SW reference in 3RD ROCK was the episode in which Sally puts guest star Mark Hamill in a choke hold when he won't move to another table in a restaurant, while Lithgow and French Stewart pretend bread sticks are lightsabers. :)

Another one I just remembered.

SUDDENLY SUSAN: I never watched it (can't stand that annoying redhead), but I just happened to see this one day when I came across a rerun. Susan (Brooke Shields) was doing something when one of her coworkers walked by, stopped, looked her up and down, and said, "Boy. You're as tall as a Wookie, aren't you?"

Some more I just remembered, all from the Cartoon Network's Adult Swim series SEALAB 2021.

"TinFins" - A poster for the movie "TinFins" is a copy of the original STAR WARS poster, with SeaLab captain Murphy as Luke, Debbie as Leia, and Dr. Quinn's head where the Death Star is.

"Bizzaro" - Upon being shown a lightspeed-like display of hypnotizing lights, Murphy says, "Just like STAR WARS."

"Lost In Time" - One of the characters turns into Jabba the Hutt, and another turns into Salacious Crumb. During the closing credits sequence, Jabba returns, with Debbie dressed in the slave outfit standing nearby.

Man, SEALAB is one of the most wacked but hysterical things I've ever seen on television.

7. han_solo_321

han_solo_321 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 14, 2002
    The Simpsons: Their are two guys holding glowing sticks battleing with them, and agrueing weather TPM or AOTC stunk more on an eposode.

8. Spacehunter24

Jan 2, 2003
    In a recent episode of the new NINJA TURTLES cartoon, the Turtles accidenly trigger a defensive shield that proceeds to push them toward the far wall of the room. As they struggle against the field and try to figure a way out, Michelangelo exclaims, "If we don't come up with something fast, we're all gonna be a lot thinner."

Another animated SW reference. An early episode of <i>Batman: The Animated Series</i> called "Heart of Ice," besides guest starring Mark Hamill, has a scene where Batman is hung upside-down, his feet frozen to the roof in ice, and he later revives another frozen man by floating him in a tank of red liquid that looks very much like a bacta tank.

9. Obi-Wan2001

Obi-Wan2001 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    Grand_Duchess_Olga, I remember that Gary Coleman movie you're talking about. It's called The Fantastic World of D.C. Collins. :)

10. Spacehunter24

Jan 2, 2003
    Another one I just remembered in an episode THE DREW CARREY SHOW. Drew is having an argument with the creator of a Buzz Bear competitor (Ed Begley, Jr.) and tries to punch him after he makes a comment. Begley says something like, "Easy, pudgy, violence never solved anything," and Drew replies, "Oh yeah? World War 1? World War 2? STAR WARS? Who says violence never solved anything?"

11. Apophis

Apophis Jedi Padawan star 4

May 26, 2002
    Stargate SG-1
    In the episode 1969 the group is taken on a ride with two hippies.
    Jack says that they're aliens
    and Daniel says : 'Yes, were coming from a Galaxy, Far Far Away.'

12. Obi-Wan2001

Obi-Wan2001 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    In last night's episode of Showtime's Out of Order, William H. Macy talks like Yoda to Eric Stotz' character. One of the lines was, "Much to learn, you still have."

13. Spacehunter24

Jan 2, 2003
    Don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but I just saw it last night.

THE FAMILY GUY - In the episode about Stewie's birthday, the psycho baby himself pulls a weapon on an airport security guard and says he will spend the rest of his life "in frozen carbonite."

(Man, I can't believe I've just now discovered THE FAMILY GUY. Absolutely hysterical, way funnier than the insanely-overrated SIMPSONS.)

14. Grand_Duchess_Olga

Grand_Duchess_Olga Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    Thanks Obi-Wan2001, couldn't remember it and I'm too lazy to go look at a T.V. movie encyclopedia.

15. Spacehunter24

Jan 2, 2003
    Man, the writers of FAMILY GUY must love STAR WARS. Just saw another one last night (been watching them on DVD).

In the episode "Peter, Peter, Cavier Eater," dad Peter mentions his prized STAR WARS drinking glass collection, and later family dog Brian (holding one) uses the whole betrayal on Cloud City incident as an analogy for Peter current situation, and there's even an "I'm your father/No, that's impossible" bit.

16. aodhjedi

aodhjedi Jedi Youngling

Jun 8, 1999
    Really obscure one. In episode of Simpsons where Burns runs for Governor, Lisa is in the library doing research and an overhead pan shot of the desks resembles the Imperial crest. Also theres another one where Homer & marge go to see ESB for first time. Homer: "Marge you're as smart as Yoda and as pretty as Princess Leia." And he spoils it for the crowd going into nxt screening saying "man i cant believe Darth Vader is Luke Skywalkers father".

17. DarthStothe

Jun 2, 2002
    Sabrina The Teenage Witch

(Some guy is training some girl (sorry, I don't know any names in this show except for Sabrina's) for bowling)

Guy - Consider me your personal Yoda.

18. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    i remember that one, he was a warlock and he gave her a star

19. Gaberad

Gaberad Jedi Youngling

Feb 14, 2003
    Buffy

Never Leave Me

"WARREN: Don't go soft on me now. We're right in the trench, and the exhaust port's in sight."

Taken from click here

That site is real good for buffy quotes, seeing as it's the Buffy Dialouge Database. I'm sure with enough searching you could dig up more star wars quotes from there. I was checking through the Andrew quotes when I found that, so probably looking through 'The Trio' characters quotes (click on Characters (up the top of the page) and click on the character you want lines from) you'd be able to find more.

20. Gaberad

Gaberad Jedi Youngling

Feb 14, 2003
    found some more from Buffy

Buffy
    Never Leave Me

"ANDREW: (sticks hand through Warren's chest) Cool.

WARREN: Pretty bitchin', right? I'm like Obi Wan? "

Can't remember if this has been posted or not. It's found at the same link as above post

Buffy
    Bring on the Night

"ANDREW: Listen to me, man, I've got a bad feeling about this"

AND

"ANDREW: OK, I know what you're thinking. Andrew, bad guy. You think I'm a super-villain like Dr. Doom or Apocalypse or-or The Riddler. But I admit I went over to the dark side, but just to pick up a few things, a-and now I'm back. I've learned. I'm good again.

BUFFY: And when were you good before?

ANDREW: OK, technically, never. Touché. But I'm like Vader in the last 5 minutes of Jedi with redemptive powers minus a redemptive struggle of epic redemption which chronicles... These ropes itch."

from click here

AND

There was some dispute over what was actually said in the following quote:

Buffy
    Showtime

"ANDREW: I'm with him. Keep the chatter down! Or, speak up so I can hear you. (to himself) I'm bored. Episode I bored. "

from click here

I think this is probably correct, from what I remember and that this from is a dialouge database.

AND

There's also this, but I'm not sure if it's a reference to star wars or star trek or what

Buffy
    Showtime

"ANDREW: Um, deflector shields?deflector shields up! "

from click here

Ok, that's all from Andrew from Buffy for now, there's more lines there to go through, and I'm doing it for my own intrests, this is just a side thing, kinda a two brids/one stone thing.

21. Jobo

Jobo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 14, 2000
    Family Guy is loaded with these references, for example...
    LOIS: Peter, did you fix the sink?
    PETER: Yeah, why?
    LOIS: It's still not working.
    PETER: No way Lois! I will bet you all my Star Wars action figures! Except Boba Fett. No matter how sure I am, I never bet the Fett man.
    _jOBO

22. Spacehunter24

Jan 2, 2003
    A Christmas episode of FAMILY GUY had a scene where Stewie pulls a blaster on Santa Claus and opens fire, Santa blocks the shots like Vader in the Cloud City dining room, then pulls the blaster from Stewie's hand into his own. Seth MacFarlane must be a big STAR WARS fan for all the SW references FAMILY GUY has.

23. Gaberad

Gaberad Jedi Youngling

Feb 14, 2003
    Some more from Buffy:

Buffy
    Potential

"ANDREW: Holy crap! Excuse me. Plucked from an ordinary life, handed a destiny?

XANDER: Say Skywalker, and I smack ya."

AND

A little later in the conversation

"ANDREW: Yes, Willow so captured it. It's like?well, it's almost like this metaphor for womanhood, isn't it? The sort of flowering that happens when a girl realizes that she's part of a fertile heritage stretching back to Eve, and?

XANDER: (cringing) I'll pay you to talk about Star Wars again."

from click here

AND

Buffy
    Entropy

"JONATHAN: Get back! You don't wanna make me rush this.

WARREN: Not impressed, Padawan. When do we hit paydirt? "

from click here

That's for now

24. Ozzel

Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff star 5 VIP

May 14, 2001
    Just thought I'd up this thread. I've seen several other TV show reference threads lately. (There's one here, also). I didn't want this whole list to be lost.

25. -Darth_Pozo-

-Darth_Pozo- Jedi Padawan star 4

May 17, 2004
    In an episode of Drawn Together, Toot started to eat like savage and she became something like Jabba, sitting there with Xandir dressed as princess Leia with a pink bikini and Ling-Ling laughing like Salacious Crumb, then she asked for a chocolate Han Solo in carbonite and ate it...
    In other Drawn Together, Wooldor is eaten by Princess Clara's genitallia (a dianoga-like monster), then he appeared in a trash-compactor and the walls started to close, then Wooldor shouts "C-3PO, C-3PO!"...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.