main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mary Star Wars references on TV

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by orangerful, Jan 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. orangerful

orangerful Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2002
    I was thinking I'd just start a thread like this and anytime anyone catches a star wars reference (or lucas reference) on one of their favorite TV shows, they can post here.

This was spawned by the recent SW Insider article about Buffy the Vampire Slayer (BtVS) and Star Wars. Since I love both, I've been quite aware of the references the Buffy writers make to our films.

In fact, there was a great one on Tuesday night's episode "Showtime":

Andrew: I'm bored. Like, Episode I bored.

Toss up your faves or any new ones you catch

:)

2. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    Great idea. I can't think of any right now.

3. Holocron1

Holocron1 Jedi Youngling

Oct 3, 2002
    Anyone see the Powerpuff Girls episode called "Boogie Frights"? Lots of starwars references, all the way to the girls flying up in space to destroy a giant disco ball that blocked the sun. Its great!

4. DRK_HLMT

DRK_HLMT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    I was watching the Simpsons last night (which has tons of Star Wars references BTW) and it was the episode where Homer got cursed by a gypsy. Anyway, he had to find a Leprechaun to counter the curse that the gypsy put on him but the Leprechaun fell in love with the gypsy and they got married. Yoda was the one who married em. It was pretty funny.

5. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Dark_Jedi_Kam Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 2002
    Buffy on Tuesday night. Andrew said "I'm bored, Episode 1 bored"

and later when Willow was trying to do a protection spell and it wasn't working, he yelled "Deflector shields up!"

6. orangerful

Apr 29, 2002
    Did anyone catch the new Muppet xmas special that was on in december? It was "its a wonderful life" but with Kermit wishing he was never born. Anyway, Kermit keeps telling the angel to grant his wish, so the angel (david arquette) says "fine." and the ground goes all smokey and the sky turns black and he says "welcome to the world in which you were never born." Then this green head pops up from the smoke, obviously Yoda from behind!! He says to the angel "No, not ready is he!"
    "Oops," says the Angel, "wrong world."

7. ZamIAm

ZamIAm Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 22, 2002
    Just saw this on the internet

"
    Harry Potter & The Prisoner of Azkaban & Star Wars 7-9: UK comedy actor Timothy Spall ("Nicholas Nickleby") has apparently been cast as Peter 'Wormtail' Pettigrew in the third film of the Potter books. The fifth book has finally been given a June 21st release date in the United States, Britain, Canada and Australia - and will be a good fraction longer than the fourth (an extra 25% or so thicker). Meanwhile, George Lucas is driving his fans nuts after a quote on Fox News indicated he might be doing another "Star Wars" trilogy (this time a sequel to the original ones) after all - "Essentially, Peter [Jackson] is making three three-hour movies from one book. And I'm making nine two-hour movies from one book". Naturally this simple quote has lead to Internet hysteria as SW fans flood the chatboards, and shows no sign of slowing down. Thanks to 'Jim', 'DJ Dave', 'Robert', 'Dominique', 'joliefemme', 'Zaps', 'djdave', 'Charles', 'Cap'n Howdy', 'Jaamati', 'Dust Bunny', 'Alex', 'Nick', 'Phil', 'Richard', 'LDW', 'Don', 'ScriptGrrrl', 'Geoff', 'Antoine', 'FanHalen' & 'Rob the Scot'"

8. MuttandSolo

MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    And Lucas has already denounced the rumor, calling it a misquote by the reporter.

9. gh0stdevil

gh0stdevil Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 3, 2002
    Not to further dilute the thread with off-topic shtuff, but even if he did make a sequel, I doubt I'd get psyched for it. Eps 1 and 2 have been mega-dissapointment. What makes anyone think sequels would be any better? =/

Dissapointing........

-gd

10. Isbeth

Isbeth Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    I dunno, I liked Ep. I & II, in some ways more than IV, V & VI.

11. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    Isbeth is speaking blasphemy....

12. DRK_HLMT

Dec 7, 2001
    You know it's funny how GL has let slip the fact there were going to be more than just 6 films more than once. Either he's going senile or he has already planned on making another 3 SW films but has not really committed to the project until after the revenues of the first three start to dwindle. I know I have read that he would not do any more SW movies but he did not say that he would pass the baton on to someone else.

13. Takwolf

Takwolf Jedi Master star 2

May 9, 2002
    On Topic....
    on "Suddenly Susan" tonight there were many Star Wars references.

One of Susan co-workers downloaded a virus of the internet so they had to call a network guy in on an emergency call. The guy shows up a Darth Vader costume (Although the helmet looked nothing like Darth?s it did have heavy breathing sounds)
    He tells them the price will be high because he was at a ?Star Wars? convention.
    He tells them the price can be discounted if Vicki (played by Kathy Griffin) would accompany him to the ?Ewok Ball?

Of course the network guy was the stereotypical Star Wars fan, a bald, middle aged
    Geek that can?t get a date. And when asked if he still lived with his mom he stated
    ?No I moved out. I live in the garage now.? (Insert laugh track)

In the last seen we see Vicki in a white Princes Lea costume and the network guy leaving in the elevator to go to the ball.

For off topic response see new thread ?Will EPIII be the last Star Wars Movie??

Tak

14. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    "Of course the network guy was the stereotypical Star Wars fan, a bald, middle aged
    Geek that can?t get a date. And when asked if he still lived with his mom he stated
    ?No I moved out. I live in the garage now.? (Insert laugh track) "

Umm, no that would be a Trekkie fan, not Star Wars. We have lives, and we do on occasion get laid, mind you she has to either wear cinnamon rolls on her head or wear some sort of metal bikini first, but it does happen.

15. DRK_HLMT

Dec 7, 2001
    Yeah, I was watching that Joe Millionaire (not that I watch stuff like that, my wife does!!!!!!) And he picked this one girl because she was wearing her hair in a bun like fashion and he commented that she had the "Princess Leia" thing going.

16. gh0stdevil

Jun 3, 2002
    On Yes, Dear last night one of the characters was forced to move junk into a temp. storage facility, and there was a guy in the shed next to him with a ton of Star Wars stuff -- in fact the guy was dressed up like a Storm Trooper (but with a costume shop quality gear, not great stuff), but he acted all geeky, and one of the other characters reached down and pointed, and said "Hey, I remember I had one of these as a kid..." and the guy freaks, and yanks his arm back, "HEY! Don't....don't touch those, please...it took me forever to arrange them like the Battle of Endor..."

The funny part was when both characters laughed at him and called him a total geek, then one left, the other went back into HIS shed and picked up some cymbals and a marching band hat and started marching in place to some music, and banging the cymbals.

Who's the true geek? =)

Chris

17. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Dark_Jedi_Kam Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 2002
    Two references on Buffy last night. Andrew was taling about being a chosen one and Xander told him "if you say Skywalker, I'll kill you." Then later Andrew started talking about the beatifullness of being a woman, and Xander told him "I'll pay you to start talking about Star Wars again."

18. gh0stdevil

Jun 3, 2002
    You know, I used to really love Buffy. But that show jumped the shark back in like, season 4 or 5. =/

Chris

19. Takwolf

May 9, 2002
    Mark Hamill was the Simpson's tonight at 6:30

Singing "Luke be a jedi tonight"

It's the one from 1998 were Homer becomes a bodygard for the Mayor Quimby

Pretty good one

Tak

20. orangerful

Apr 29, 2002
    Just goofin on the animal planet website and saw these Jeff Corwin outtakes. Lots of Star Wars references there. Pretty darn funny.

http://animal.discovery.com/fansites/jeffcorwin/games/video/video.html

Click on the "never before seen movie segments" for Star Wars jokes and more.

a good giggle before bedtime.

21. Takwolf

May 9, 2002
    Mark Hamill on "Just shoot me" tonight

Tak

22. Takwolf

May 9, 2002
    Today on a Rosanne DJ talks about going out to see ROTJ and Leia in s slave-girl outfit

Tak
    "Doing Homework"

23. Takwolf

May 9, 2002
    On "Spin City" Mike (M J Fox) tried to use the "jedi mind trick" on city hall reporters asking hard questions.

"You need not ask any more questions, there is no story here"

"Did you just try the jedi mind trick"?

He trys it again later in the show and when it does not work for a 2ed time he says

"It must be a bad day for the jedi mind trick"

Tak
    still going.....

24. DRK_HLMT

Dec 7, 2001
    Just watching "That 70's Show" and Donna was picking up a box that said dishes. When she opened it there was a Millennium Falcon (you know the one that holds action figures and not the ship.)

Eric said "you could use that as a dish for chips. You could put the dip in the hyperdirve unit."

25. mon-mothma

mon-mothma Jedi Master star 2

Mar 7, 2002
    Tonight's season finale of "Friends" had a Star Wars reference. Apparently Joey had learned a speech from Star Wars once for an audition. They never specified which speech that was but a few lines later Joey asked Ross about something being "in a galaxy far, far away."

M.M. and Son of M.M.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.