main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mass STAR WARS References Thread

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by DarthIC2, Apr 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    You guys will like this..."Whiner Line" caller on the "Big Show" open on WEEI this afternoon said, "Yankee Stadium. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. And that's just at the beer stand." [face_laugh]

2. DarthIC2

DarthIC2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 23, 2006
    For those with a myspace check out my page for a Natalie Portman SNL bit (Star Wars refernce in there)

3. DarthIC2

Mar 23, 2006
    I watched a fun movie called 'Stripes' about a Zebra that wants to be a race horse. In the movie a horse fly named Scuzz, voiced by David Spade, asked to be called by his code name: Luke Scuzzwalker

4. Darth Dowe

Darth Dowe Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
    Is "Racing Stripes" worth seeing?

5. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    I just thought of this Cypress Hill has made a few SW references in their songs. I just remembered one about Chewy the other day.

6. DarthIC2

Mar 23, 2006
    Racing Stripes is worth seeing, I enjoyed it.

A few rappers make reference to Star Wars. I know Cypress Hill has, I may have to dust off my Cypress CDs to find that out.

7. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    On amc during a commercial break for The Princess Bride they mentioned that Chewbacca was the icon for sidekicks and then went on to say how Andre the Giant was the biggest sidekick for his role in The Princess Bride kinda funny.

8. DarthIC2

Mar 23, 2006
    An Episode of Rosanne had a decent one. Dan rented movies and made a point to say one of them was Star Wars.

9. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    I was watching Gilmore Girls, my wife likes the show I just like the mom she is smokin'. One of the daughters friends was yelling at her cousin "am I green do I look like Yoda?" lol I thought it was kinda funny.

I also watched Road Trip today and they had an SW reference on there as well.

10. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    On the season finale of American Dad, Steve Smith had two girls dressed in Slave Leia outfits. :)

11. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    The road trip reference was when the guys were at the gfs dorm and trying to get the front desk guy to help them out. The front desk guy was talking on the phone to a bud and telling him to go to ep2spoilers.com.

12. DarthIC2

Mar 23, 2006
    hahaha I have a really random one here:

I recently heard of a documentary about the Ultimate Warrior from WWE called the Demise of the Ultimate Warrior. In it Sergent Slaughter is talking about Warrior's crazy rants and says that Warrior must have been from space with Darth Vader.

13. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    I was watching the episode of South Park when they killed off Chef. In the episode he joined a group and became brain washed by the leader of a "adventure" group. At the end chef falls off a bridge and lands on a stick. He finally gets ate by some wild animals and "dies". The leader goes down to the where chef is at and brings him back in a DV custome. lol I was laying my butt off when I saw that.

14. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    That was a great episode. As soon as the animals atarted pulling him apart I thought they might go an 'Anakin' route. Glad they didn't disappoint!;)

On the Family Guy finale tonight they had 2 SW references along with 2 Indiana Jones references and a Star Trek IV reference. The first SW one occured during one of Peter's "What Grinds my Gears' Editorial on the news. During a rant he says 'You know what else grinds my gears? Those aren't the droids I'm looking for.' They then cut to two Stormtroopers watching the news while eating TV dinners. The troopers looked at each other and agreed with what peter said. Later on Stewie went to steal a car and the were 3 or 4 Jawas scavenging it for pieces. He scared them off and screamed "Oontini" at them and called them 'vile creatures'. :D

15. Darth Dowe

Darth Dowe Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
    Wasn't the finale just the Family Guy movie?

16. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    I was thinking the same thing when they started to pull apart Chef. I didn't catch on at first though they made the reference pretty sudlte to say the least until the very end then it was very obvisous what was going on.

17. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    Saw an Orkin commercial that had two kids playing with light sabres in their tree house. The kids were dressed up in some crazy kid costumes.

18. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Saw a few minutes of the 'Alias' Finale the other night. During a hostage rescue, one of the characters witnessed one of the rescuers deliver a spinning kick to the head of a captor. After seeing this the character said 'That was cool...The Empire Strikes Back cool".

19. DarthIC2

Mar 23, 2006
    The SNL skit with Natalie so hot Portman has a minor reference as well. You can see the skit on my myspace page.

20. DarthIC2

Mar 23, 2006
    Originally posted: May 18, 2006
    What's coming back, what's not: Part 3 (Electric Boogaloo)

It?s official. The new CW network is not picking up "Everwood." Let me post my thoughts on this sad development later.

If you?re looking for a silver lining, one good thing is official: The network is picking up ?Veronica Mars? for a third season.

Here are the nuts and bolts of what?s going on with the new CW network in the fall. The network will be the product of the merger between the WB and UPN, as you no doubt already know.

Here?s a list of UPN shows that are not coming back: ?Cuts,? ?Eve,? ?Half & Half,? ?One on One? and ?Love, Inc.?

Here?s a list of WB shows that are not returning: ?Bedford Diaries,? ?Everwood,? ?Modern Men,? ?Pepper Dennis,? ?Related,? ?Twins,? ?What I Like About You? and ?Charmed.?

UPN and WB shows that will return on the CW: ?All of Us? (UPN), ?America?s Next Top Model? (UPN), ?Everybody Hates Chris? (UPN), ?Girlfriends? (UPN), ?Beauty and the Geek? (WB), ?Gilmore Girls? (WB), ?Smallville? (WB) and ?Supernatural? (WB). Surprisingly, the CW will return the long-running WB show ?Seventh Heaven? to the airwaves next season, after months of network hoopla advertised the show?s May ?series finale.? Go figure. The WB?s ?One Tree Hill? is also coming back.

Yes, ?One Tree Hill? and ?Seventh Heaven? will be on the air next year, but the sterling ?Everwood? won?t be on the CW, and ?Gilmore Girls? will be on the network, but not under the leadership of its original creative team.

As Han Solo might say, ?I have a bad feeling about this.?

21. DarthIC2

Mar 23, 2006
    In 'Back to the Future' Marty wears his bio suit and blasts Van Halen into his father's ears while stating he is Darth Vader.

22. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Ah yes, I can't believed we overlooked this one for so long.

"My name is Darth Vader! I come from the planet Vulcan!" :D

I wonder if George McFly ran into any copyright infringements with LucasFilm & Paramount when he wrote that book of his years later and recalled that moment? ;)

23. hchristensenfan

hchristensenfan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    Well George McFly might have changed the name to avoid the copyright infringement. :)

24. DarthIC2

Mar 23, 2006
    In the movie Red Dawn, one of the kids wears a Star Wars hat.

25. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    I forget the character name but the actor C.Thomas Howell was the actor who wore the hat in Red Dawn. And I met him at the January Chiller show a very nice guy also. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.