main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mass STAR WARS References Thread

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by DarthIC2, Apr 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    Welcome back Chris. How was Chiller?

As for SW references, not sure if this belongs here or in the collector's thread but last night while watching the Channel 2 Auction (it was Sports Memorabilia & Collectibles night) someone donated a set of SW Hamilton plates to the auction. They were the ones from around the late 80's I believe. A very nice set but whoever donated them set their retail price at around $960! which means the opening bid was around $480. Needless to say, the plates went unbid on.

2. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    While listening to some old school rap (80's style) I happened to hear the song Freshest Rythmes in the world by Dr Jeckyll and Mr Hyde. The first rythme was about SW. It is pretty funny.

3. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Not sure how many of you guys listen to WBCN, but the new afternoon guys Toucher & Rich are having a no-holds barred debate over whether Star Wars is the most overrated film franchise. They're also discussing the rules of a SW drinking game which just listening to is good for a couple of laughs.

4. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    I must of missed that segment of the show today. I listen to Toucher and Rich most days on the way to my 2nd job. they crack me up. Ever since Opie and Anthony have come back to WBCN I listen to the radio more than I used to. I also have stopped listening to the Hillman as well. He and Spaz bored me to tears even though they did some SW references from time to time that wasn't enough though.

5. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    This past Sunday on "The Simpsons", the "Duel of the Fates" music is playing as Bart and Principal Skinner are dueling over allergic reactionary foods. The TF.N article on the reference has the YouTube video embedded.

6. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Meant to make mention of that yesterday. Pretty funny. They were swinging peanuts and shrimp (each others allergy) taped on the end of yardsticks, so the fight looked a bit like a lightsaber duel. Good stuff!

7. DarthIC2

DarthIC2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 23, 2006
    There was another one on a Dawson's Creek re-run yesterday. I was sleeping and it was on, woke me up when I heard it.

8. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    I had never seen a whole episode of this show until last night but on 'How I Met Your Mother' the character Barney had a life-size ''Stormtrooper" in his apartment. When the showed it, it was actually a deluxe adult costume of a 501st clone on a manequin.

9. DarthIC2

Mar 23, 2006
    Not sure if they were mentioned yet but 'Jarhead' has one. In Iraq the soldiers fail a gas suit test and one charactor acts like Vader.

10. DarthIC2

Mar 23, 2006
    That show, I think it's called 'Cybyl' or 'Cybil', anyway it has a some blond lady as the star and yesterday afternoon's episode was all about her daughters Star Wars party. Pictures on the wall, little girl dressed as Leia and a guy wore a wokkie suit.

11. DarthIC2

Mar 23, 2006
    Sienfeld's 'The Calzone' had two references in it.

Refering to Dustin Hoffman in Star Wars. Jewish guy vs. Darth Vader and 'ha, Dustin Hoffman is Star Wars, what was I thinking'.

12. Mohawk-Elvis

Mohawk-Elvis Jedi Master star 1

Jan 28, 2007
    I was watching a movie on On Demand tonight.

I had seen this back in the 80's but had forgotten the SW reference.

The movie was called Mischief it came out in 1985 but the movie was set back in 1956 in Ohio.

The opening of the movie read..

A Long time Ago in a galaxy far far away.... Ohio 1956

13. DarthIC2

Mar 23, 2006
    I was watching the 30th Anny DVD for JAWS and on the bonus disc it shows a letter from Steven to George with a pic of R2 and JAWS. Also there is an advertisement with an X-Wing shooting at JAWS. Spielberg also mentioned how JAWS was the first film to hit 100mil domestic until Star Wars.

14. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    I meant to post this the other night, but there is a new Hallmark commercial featuring SW. There is a couple at a restaurant and the woman gives the guy a birthday card. On the front of the card it says "A Long Time Ago..." and when he opened it, it said "You Were Born." and started playing the SW theme. Then the camera panned over to Chewie who was sitting at the table with the couple and he started laughing.

15. Mohawk-Elvis

Jan 28, 2007
    I need to find this card. :)

I noticed as I was watching Batman from 1989..That the targeting system that is aboard the Bat Wing is very similar to the targeting system on the X-Wing.

I mean it pops out behind the pilot on the right side and even fold out/in the same way. [face_thinking]

16. Mohawk-Elvis

Jan 28, 2007
    Did anyone else see the Jedi ghosts in Family Guy tonight?

I really liked when the plane landed in Ireland. [face_laugh]

17. DarthIC2

Mar 23, 2006
    I was trying to nap but Nicole watched it.

'Reba' had a funny one. On the show, Reba's 'nemesis' came over while Reba was online. The nemesis stated he online handle was 'WookieLover' and then proceeded to make wookie sounds.

18. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    I was watching a re-run of that 70's show last night and on this episode they were at Paul Bunyan days and one of the events was build a log cabin out of Lincoln logs and the man kid supposedly built the Falcon. Red got pissed and said that better not be another Star Wars thing. The kid was like no dad it is a rare kind of falcon. Pretty funny.

19. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Caught it [face_laugh]

"and I'm Hayden Christensen!"

20. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Not so much a reference, but incase you haven't seen the TF.N link at the bottom of the page, here's a first-glimpse of what Yoda will look like in the new 3-D animated series coming in 2008:

[image=http://wizarduniverse.com/_images_/003443/IMG_9163.jpg]

21. DarthIC2

Mar 23, 2006
    It's crazy how people may have missed Boba Fett 2009 in that pic!

22. Mohawk-Elvis

Jan 28, 2007
    I forgot one last week on LOST.

Kate and Sawyer were pretending to be prisoners and then overtook the guard at a building door.

Sayer then said to the guard "don't be mad you fell for the old wookie prisoner trick"

23. DarthIC2

Mar 23, 2006
  24. JEDIKNIGHTJOE_D

JEDIKNIGHTJOE_D Jedi Youngling

Jul 3, 2006
    On Family Guy two weeks ago, Peter was in search of his real father after the father who took care of him died, who ended up to be a town drunk in Ireland. The father wasn't impressed by him and Peter ended up sitting on a park bench wishing he was a fat drunk to impress his dad. They cut to a scene with the dead father, Obi Wan and Yoda in spirit form telling him that he was a fat drunk. Right before the scene ended, they had Hayden Christiansen (sp?) pop his head into the picture and say "And I'm Hayden Christiansen".

25. DarthIC2

Mar 23, 2006
    The Devil's Rejects bonus disc has several Star Wars references.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.