main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mass STAR WARS References Thread

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by DarthIC2, Apr 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    I can't believe noones mentioned the Wierd Al song!

Don't know if this counts, but Christa and I reference SW all the time. The last time was when we went to the Worcester courthouse to sign our papers for buying the house. "You will never find a more retched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious."

2. DarthIC2

DarthIC2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 23, 2006
    GI Joe the Movie uses a lot of sound effects from Stars Wars and ESB.

3. Mohawk-Elvis

Mohawk-Elvis Jedi Master star 1

Jan 28, 2007
    Are you watching the G.I.Joe cartoon now and if so where can I get them?

Jim showed me some scenes from Benchwarmers and Jon Lovitz estate had all these lifesize reperlicas of Vader,Yoda,Han Solo in carbonite, and so on.

4. DarthIC2

Mar 23, 2006
    Youtube has some of the Dic episodes that take place after GI Joe the Movie. Animation is bad and voice over work is bad but it is still uncommon to even find that stuff. I have a couple of sites I go to that have streaming movies, TV, cartoons etc etc etc

5. Mohawk-Elvis

Mohawk-Elvis Jedi Master star 1

Jan 28, 2007
    On the George Lopez show last night George gave his wife a fake confirmation number for the hotel he was suppose to have reservations.

the confirmation number he gave was C3POR2D2

6. DarthIC2

Mar 23, 2006
    I've been watching the Transformers cartoon series on YouTube thanks to 'ToonGod'.

On several occasions you can hear sound FX from the trilogy clearly i.e. Tie Fighters, Saber clashes, Snow Speeders etc

7. DarthIC2

Mar 23, 2006
    On the 20th Anniversary DVD for Transformers the Movie, Star Wars is referenced MANY times in the commentary and interview features.

Oh and I ended up catching that recent Family Guy episode with the Spirits and HC popping in, LOL.

8. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    There was a SW reference on 'The Office' Last night. Jim offered Dwight dinner as a way of saying thanks and he refused it. His reason? Because a real hero like Han Solo helped the rebellion destroy the first death star and didn't expect a free meal for it.

9. DeathProof

DeathProof Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2007
    E.T. has MANY but also just like Spielberg did with Jaws to Star Wars, Lucas did with Star Wars to E.T. and posted a letter to SS about breaking the video rental/sales record of Star Wars with E.T.. It was a picture of E.T. with some Star Wars in it.

10. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    Christa let me know this morning that Robot Chicken, a cartoon short on Comedy Central will be doing a spoof of Star Wars. See this link. Apparently they're getting GL and Mark Hamill to contribute to it as well!

If you haven't seen Robot Chicken before, it's one of the most irreverent cartoons I've ever seen. There's episodes on YouTube & Google Video.

We don't have full cable, so we can't see it. Would someone tape it for us?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.