main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Star Wars: Renascent

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by jedi-master-faran, Aug 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi-master-faran

jedi-master-faran Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2005
    Hey guys, after a two year absence, I've returned with a poster for a fan-edit of Star Wars I'm working on. InfoDroid and TJ had the project at first but had to drop it, so I'm picking it back up! I've only just started this one. It's a mix of AOTC and ANH so I mixed Tatooine and Geonosis into one planet for the ground. The ground is just about finished, I just have to do some cleaning, shadows, lighting and then I still have the sky to work on, a lightsaber duel at the bottom, a giant shot of Obi-Wan with his lightsaber with a layer overlay of Darth Vader's mask. Now without further ado I present to you, update number one:

You can always see my original art here but I doubt you'd like it.

EDIT: I've removed the original Poster due to it being too close to the final copy which I wanna release in a long time. But I am leaving you with the outline and three pieces:

Teaser Poster:
    [image=http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/9218/anhteaserpx9.jpg]

Wallpaper 1:
    [image=http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/8202/anhrwp2ej4.jpg]

Wallpaper 2:
    [image=http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/4596/anhrwp1fn0.jpg]

Outline:
    Prologue
    STAR WARS
    Opening from AOTC where Senator Amidala is attacked
    Opening crawl
    Tantive IV take over, Leia and R2 walk away from each other as the droids leave through the escape pod and Leia is captured. We can assume the other rebels are dead.
    The Droids are shortly captured by Jawas and pursued by Troopers.
    Droids are sold, after R2 reveals his message about Obi-Wan, Luke talks to Owen about Obi-Wan and Anakin as we see the council calling in Anakin and Obi-Wan to Protect Padme.
    Anakin and Obi-Wan save Padme and Obi-Wan jumps onto the droid.
    Luke finds out R2 is missing and goes looking for him. Luke looking through binoculars turns into Zam looking through hers. The AOTC chase pursues.

The chase ends as Luke finds R2 and the Raiders. As Luke is knocked out, we cut to the Jedi meeting with Padme and Palpatine. Then we see Padme addressing the senate.

Luke goes with Obi-Wan, shows R2's message and as he explains the old republic we get flash backs of AOTC. (Example; Anakin and Obi-Wan on Genosis ending with the Senate deciding on the Clone Army.)

Round table scene mentioning the end of the Old Republic.

Anakin has a dream about his mother and says he needs to return. Short silent scenes of Anakin finding out what happened to his mother then cut to Luke and Obi-Wan finding out the troupes have tracked the droids to the Jawas. Luke races to the speeder as Anakin frees his mother. CONTINUE WITH ALREADY EDITED SCENE

Now we get to the Mos Eisley introduction and how Obi-Wan mentions that there are Pilots in there. Obi-Wan and Anakin enter the club to find the hiding hitman, cut back to Luke?s argument as we see someone approaching and then a lightsaber ignites to defend Luke and capture the hitman. The hitman is taken outside with the ?who hired you? bit before she?s killed.

Back to present, Obi-Wan brings Luke to Han for negotiations. Imperial troops enter. Then we see Vader about to interrogate Leia. Han and Greedo scene, Council gives Anakin and Obi-Wan their mission. Shots/scenes of Obi-Wan looking into the dart.

Vader and Tarkin decide for Alderaan as the next target. Han talks with Jabba. Palpatine and Anakin speak. Obi-Wan and Luke come to falcon. Obi-Wan says goodbye to Anakin at station. Train takes off, then Han and the others take off. Falcon is being persued then they jump to light speed.

Death Star Scene, Leia is brought to see Alderaan blow up. Inside Millenium falcon, Obi-Wan falls to ground, Luke continues practicing. Train arrives and the edited love scene is inserted here. Tarkin and Vader find out Leia lied as the Falcon enters the system. The Falcon is lured into the Death Star. Vader says he hasn?t sensed that feeling in a lon

2. Aleria

Aleria Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 8, 2007
    Wow, that's amazing! :eek: =D=

The ground pieces go nicely together and I like that you put Jabba's palace to the left side of the picture. The movement you've gotten into the troops and the ships is also marvelous.

You're talented. I'm certainly interested in seeing the final result as well as how you get there.

3. jedi-master-faran

May 13, 2005
    I think I'm finished now, I'm not sure... what do you guys think? Should I move the logo to the bottom and move up the duel?

[image=http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/6603/anhxa3.jpg]

4. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    I think it looks pretty cool. You pasted Alec's head on Ewan's body, eh? It's not noticable at all, but I just know the costume difference. I personally thought the sky looked great in the first draft of it, I liked the transition from an orangish-grey-black. It looks great though.

You might wanna make the Logo alittle bolder,though, if you can. Just cause it's kinda fading into Obi Wan.

5. jedi-master-faran

May 13, 2005
    It's the same sky [face_thinking]
    But I'm going to end up moving up the troopers as well as the duel and put the logo at the bottom.

6. jedi-master-faran

May 13, 2005
    First post updated.

7. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    I love your updates. I especially dig the teaser poster with Luke mirroring Anakin in the eyes. That worked out really well.

8. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Your up-dates does not show for me... sniff!

9. jedi-master-faran

May 13, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.