main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars: Republic Commando (XBox | PC)

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Lord_of_the_Siths, May 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve_Dave

Steve_Dave Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 13, 2005
    Thanks Exar, where did you get that info from?

I would like to quote it but want more then just "Some guy said." Like a Lucasarts website.

2. plo_koom

plo_koom Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 26, 2002
    Is it true there are only THREE locations for this video game I have been waiting for since the first announcements? If so, will they charge me full price for a copy?

3. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    Four actually, and they're broken into sublevels.

There's Geonosis, Droid Control ship, Ghost Ship, and Kashyyk.

4. ExarKunundrum

ExarKunundrum Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2005
    Thanks Exar, where did you get that info from?

Most of it comes from the start of RC. At the start of the game, you're an embryo in one of those pods you see in AOTC. A Kaminoan begins to tell you what you are. She introudces you to your squad, indicates how you've trained in rarer equipment for different purposes, and basically tells you that you're a Commando, not a normal soldier.

There's also an interview with Temuera Morrison - he's the guy who played Jango and provides the voice for 38 (your character in the game). He gives further insight into your character.

I reckon you should play the game - it's a corker ;)

5. Rogan_Agar

Rogan_Agar Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 1, 2004
    Four actually, and they're broken into sublevels.

There's Geonosis, Droid Control ship, Ghost Ship, and Kashyyk.

Yes, but the Droid Control Ship is part of Geonosis, which looks like the only Wars-true location in the game. The ghostship could have been taken from Aliens.

Yes, the Trandos were completely wrong. They moved like monkeys. The gama had potential, and the handling of it is superb, but the setting was just bad.
    And they really screwed it up with the battledroids... (eyes ?!?!?!?!?! ).

6. Az_Lionheart

Az_Lionheart Jedi Youngling

Feb 15, 2005
    this game was good, i liked the look and feel of the game, and how it ties loose ends between AOTC, Clone Wars and ROTS. but i have one problem....it was to easy....i finished in 3 days....and i did not play it that much.

7. ExarKunundrum

Mar 13, 2005
    I'm replaying it now, and it's still great. I love it :D

Thing is, I've already played this once, and I've played through KOTOR a gazillion times.....

And only 10 minutes ago did I relaise Scorch is voiced by Raphael Sbarge a.k.a Carth Onasi. He's got a distinctive voice, how did the hell did I miss this?

8. plo_koom

plo_koom Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 26, 2002
    What's up with the Trandoshans, they look all weird in this game. They look nothing like Bossk or Vossk from KOTOR II.

9. Siths_Revenge

Jul 27, 2004
    I thought that, too. I was like, "Who are these weird looking dudes?" I thought they were some EU thing.

10. ExarKunundrum

Mar 13, 2005
    I'm thinking that they must be juveniles or something. I kept running into these big, imposing dudes with battle armour and chainguns - they looked much more like proper trandoshans....

11. luke_darklighter

luke_darklighter Jedi Youngling

Apr 3, 2005
    did any1 spot the lightsabers? lol it wuda been kool if u cud use it tho..

12. ExarKunundrum

Mar 13, 2005
    I dunno about that. I didn't see any lightsabres, and I'm glad that I didn't. JA showed off just how good lightsabre wielding could get, but I think they would have spoiled RC's special forces-like setting.

13. luke_darklighter

Apr 3, 2005
    it was in the ghostship level when ur on ur own and the trando comes with the repeater and then 38 goes " a weapon of a civilised age" or sumfnk lyk dat and ob1 sed that in ANH in tatooine.

14. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    Ah, our first catch of the day. ;)

RC is a reimagining of the SW universe. If you're looking for consistency, you're playing the wrong game. The enemies are meant to look bigger, badder and meaner than they usually do, which is why the battle droids and Trandos look different. Personally I think the runty ones look funny more than anything, but they still make a nice splash on my helmet so I'm not worried.

15. dragonsith13

dragonsith13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 3, 2005
    just played through commando... anyone think they might make a sequel

16. luke_darklighter

Apr 3, 2005
    i wud presume so.. but i think a expansion wud b better if they are gona feature 3 levels again coz it aint worth de money IMHO

17. ExarKunundrum

Mar 13, 2005
    No offense to my console-playing brethern, but an expansion won't happen because they can't do it on the Xbox. Which is a big shame.

18. luke_darklighter

Apr 3, 2005
    then they shud see em cheaper or add more features

19. Sev-07

Sev-07 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 24, 2005
    ExarKunundrum , anything special on the PC version of Republic commando?

I agree that consoles are restrictive in FPS games, and would like to get the PC version.On the other hand Ive already played the game through on Xbox and don't know if I should get it now.

Halo being one exeption to what I have just said.....

But I do NEED to play it through again and imagine Carth inside the katarn armor and not six-two.
    Could you imagine Scorch coming up to 38 and saying "Look its nothing personel, I just don't like you!"

20. ExarKunundrum

Mar 13, 2005
    I agree that consoles are restrictive in FPS games, and would like to get the PC version.On the other hand Ive already played the game through on Xbox and don't know if I should get it now.

Halo being one exeption to what I have just said.....

But I do NEED to play it through again and imagine Carth inside the katarn armor and not six-two.
    Could you imagine Scorch coming up to 38 and saying "Look its nothing personel, I just don't like you!"

I only played the Xbox version long enough for me to despise the control system as I do for any other Console FPS, so I'm not sure what the xbox version had. Therefore I can't tell you what the PC version has different :)

Though I will say that this game *felt* like a PC game - it's no port, that's for sure....

21. Az_Lionheart

Az_Lionheart Jedi Youngling

Feb 15, 2005
    i hate FPS with out a controller...total own with one but can't get used to a keyboard....

i still say this game was to easy and short...apart from that i can't complain lol

22. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    The game was good, and boy let me tell you. I hate those super battle droids. If they overwhelm you your through. Like the music, very Duel of the Fates like. Nice little game. I heard that they are doing RC: Order 66 for the mobile cell phone. That kinda sucks, becuase I don't have a mobile. I use nextel.

23. Siths_Revenge

Jul 27, 2004
    You really have to use those gernade launchers on the SBD's and then use the detonator to destroy that droid replicator.

24. dragonsith13

dragonsith13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 3, 2005
    It did seem a little too short but it seems like more and more games going that route... but with everything that was packed into the game i wasn't disappointed. Just means a whole line of sequals, I hope!

25. DarthRodriqueeze

DarthRodriqueeze Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 21, 2005
    im considering buying an x-box, i have no money though cuz i just got a ds so maybe in a few months ill get an x-box and buy this game, i really want it so bad, why cant they have it for ps 2... (i have ps2 and gc)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.