main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars: Republic Commando (XBox | PC)

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Lord_of_the_Siths, May 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dragonsith13

dragonsith13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 3, 2005
    if you don't have that much money and are considering waiting to buy x box you may want to try and wait it out till x box 2 comes out

2. luke_darklighter

luke_darklighter Jedi Youngling

Apr 3, 2005
    they shud do it on PS3 lol but i think FPS games work better on PC(controls, etc)
    and SBDs arent that bad... i just hate the geonosian bug kids.. they kill Carth(62) first... lol
    and the weird flying droids who dirsupt everythin

3. aesium

aesium Jedi Master star 2

May 31, 2004
    Since this thread dropped all of the way to the fifth page, i've been starting to think that this game lost all hype and what not. Are you over with this game? I'm still in between wanting more and just letting go.

4. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    I beat it today (rental). I was going to buy, but I heard how short it is. Awesome game, but like the reviews said, it was too short. :(

I think it's going to need to be twice as long if they're going to make a sequel.

5. DARKMETHOD

DARKMETHOD Jedi Youngling star 2

May 18, 2004
    i love this game, story mode is kinda short but it's the first of it's kind. if a part 2 comes out, it has to be longer and maybe a few more maps for multiplayer.

6. Darth-Vassago

Darth-Vassago Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2004
    I'm almost 100% sure this was already asked, but I honestly don't want to read through all the pages of this thread. I am curious if someone with the game, for X-Box, can help me out here:

I was first under the impression that this game was not online, but now I come to see that it is. What sort of things can be done online? Is it only downloading new content, or can you play games, similar to Halo? :confused:

Any help here is much appreciated. Thanks in advance. :)

~Vassago

7. Popeidious

Popeidious Jedi Youngling

Apr 19, 2005
  8. Dark_Xan

Dark_Xan Jedi Youngling

Apr 17, 2005
    Yes, indeed.

9. Fist_of_Mandalore

Fist_of_Mandalore Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2005
    I just bought the game yesterday and hate how durable the Geonosians and SBDs are. Multiplayer is fun though, for some odd reason I'm ususally one of the Top players on my team :). Around fourth or fifth place on the JASAcademy Server. I haven't played SP-Mode much yet, but it seems fun, though the blood, gore and motor oil getting splashed all over my screen due to excessive-knifing is a bit annoying. If anyone evr wants to talk to F_o_M on RC Multiplayer my tags are RC_666. Of course, why would anyone want to do that?:D There aren't many maps for Multiplayer either, are there? Hangar is a nice one, but most seem to have a claustrophobic feeling, you can't find any good sniping spots and can't go two inches without a Trandie or Clone being in your face or walking on top of a 'nade.

10. masterskywalker

masterskywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 2, 2001
    I too had problems with SBD until I realized one simple strategy.

Snipe, snipe, SNIPE their knee. When they fall, melee or finish with another weapon. :D

Works everytime.

11. ExarKunundrum

ExarKunundrum Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2005
    You know, not once have I sniped their knee. Not once. It was always fire at will at their heads.

I might just try the knee trick, see what happens.....

12. hitmbig

hitmbig Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 6, 2004
    I am downloading it off of Kazaa right now. Hopefully it comes with a working CD-Key.

13. Fist_of_Mandalore

Mar 31, 2005
    Erm, isn't that illegal?

14. ExarKunundrum

Mar 13, 2005
    Yeah, but then again, does Lucasarts police these boards?

15. Fist_of_Mandalore

Mar 31, 2005
    *Looks arond anxiously* I swear I'm not a snitch for LucasArts...

16. ExarKunundrum

Mar 13, 2005
    We shall see......

*eyes Fist_of_Mandalore suspisciously*....

17. TK-115

TK-115 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 1, 2005
    Yeah, like a lot of you said, this game was short. It was an awesome game, I'll say that, but too short. It also ended too suddenly. I wanted to continue playing, but well, whatever... Hopefully if they ever make a Republic Commando II (which I hope they do) they'll realise that major problem and fix it. Overall though, great game!

18. Darth-Vassago

Darth-Vassago Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2004
    I have come to the conclusion that the game is online, but what sort of features does the game support online? Does anyone know?

Thanks in advance. :)

~Vassago

19. mrfootball

mrfootball Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 14, 2005
    ok... just entered this thread... didnt read sh#t...

never played ghost recon or anything of the like... but i love halo and battlefront. should i buy?

20. Adm_Thrawn

Adm_Thrawn Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 19, 2004
    Does anybody know of a site where I can download things for the game (new levels, new skins, etc.)???

21. goincommando

goincommando Jedi Master star 1

Apr 9, 2005
    I purchased this game on Saturday night and wound up beating it early Sunday afternoon, it was short, but from a buyers standpoint, I got my money's worth. I think that this game is a great example that Star Wars can be great without lightsabers and Jedi (even though I think the game industry needs more of these games). I love how slick and stylish everything looks, especially with the visor mode. I thought the weapons lacked a certain punch, most of the enemies had to have at least a clip from the standard blaster rifle shot into them before they fell, yet a simple knife attack dropped them...odd.

Besides my gripes, I thought the game was very good, a sequel seems almost inevitable, though would it be released for the Xbox 2?

22. CAN-SOLO

CAN-SOLO Jedi Youngling

Apr 25, 2005
    Im having trouble at the end of "Strenght of Brothers".
    My sniper is upposed to kill Sun Fac but he just stands there and doesnt shoot.

Any suggestions anybody?

Please Help!!!

23. Fist_of_Mandalore

Mar 31, 2005
    Sev will shoot down his fighter when it takes off. Don't worry.

24. NorCalBirdz

NorCalBirdz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 28, 2004
    I love this game. It's alot more fun on normal than on easy.

My strategy against SBDs is to throw an ECD and then unload on them with the assault rifle and/or sniper rifle. Sometimes I just blow em apart with an anti-armor charge too.

25. mrfootball

mrfootball Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 14, 2005
    i played this game. it's pretty cool. but for those who've played the full up game, i gotta few questions:

-How is Genosis involved?
    -Is the story good?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.