main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars: Republic Commando (XBox | PC)

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Lord_of_the_Siths, May 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    1. It's the first level.
    2. If blasting through tonnes of enemies, using simple squad based strategems along a few linear levels counts as a story, then IT'S AWESOME.

2. mrfootball

mrfootball Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 14, 2005
    HELL YES!!!!!!! HAHA!!! w000p!!!

ok... now for real. so pretty much the level i played was what i'm gonna get the entire game? yes!

3. NorCalBirdz

NorCalBirdz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 28, 2004
    I just started my hard campaign. It's a hell of a lot of fun. I can't believe I used to have trouble downloading those launch codes and escapting the bridge on normal. I can tear it apart on Hard now.

What level did you play mrfootball? Geonosis is actually the most intense of the three levels, since the second two missions are covert ops and you are essentially the only troopers around. There would have been one more Geonosis type level if it were my way, but I still love this game.

4. WraithThirteen

WraithThirteen Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 7, 2004
    Oh this game is as fun as it looked, and I'm not even done with the first level. What a cool set of graphics and gameplay this is. Since I'm only a "casual" player, I don't have the skills with the controls that most of you have, and I thought at first that it would be like Full Spectrum Warrior where I had to keep the reference guide in front of me the whole time, but no, this is relatively simple. I played a deathmatch on split-screen with a friend and had a blast, so it looks like there'll be a lot more fun involved when I finally complete the single-player campaign.

Cool, cool, cool! I can't wait to get Revenge of the Sith!

5. Drew_Atreides

Drew_Atreides Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 30, 2002
    ..ha, yeah, i just picked this up for PC at Wal-mart on saturday...Very fun game, so far..Haven't played Multiplayer yet, but will be doing that when my internet gets hooked up next weekend..

Have made it up to the "Belly of the Beast" level, where you have to get to the bridge and get those access codes before the place blows up.

I always make it TO The bridge, but i'm always about 10 seconds short of completing the download before time expires. (however, i KNOW i CAN do the bloody mission, it's just a matter of making it thru the level without losing all of your health a single time)

I find that an anti-armour round works best on the SBDs, however on this particular level, you wind up with alot of regular battledroids that act as shields for the SBDs, and so when i try to launch my AA rounds, they don't have the full effect.

I do have one question for you folks: What's the best way to take out a Droideka? I know SEV took that one down with his wristblade pretty easily, but after that, whenever i run into the bloody things, there's no way you can get close enough for a melee attack before dying. My strategy right now is just ordering my squad to concentrate their fire on each one seperately, but even THAT seems like it's taking too much time. There must be a quicker way to kill them, right?

6. Freelancer3216

Freelancer3216 Jedi Youngling

Mar 3, 2005
    "What's the best way to take out a Droideka?"

Hit 'em with an EMP grenade. It eats right through their shields, and once they're down, those guys are pushovers.

7. Ceethreepio

Ceethreepio Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 4, 2003
    Just shoot them in the arms and then go up close.

8. Jango-Fett10

Jango-Fett10 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 27, 2005
    Republic Commando. Man that game is so koowl. Too bad that i don't have an XBOX. Oh well, Battlefront II Will be much better though.

9. Skutty

Skutty Jedi Youngling

May 4, 2005
    Hey,
    Does anyway here have any information on a Map Editor? Official or UnOfficial, because it would be so cool if you could make your own RepCom maps, especially Single Player!

Thanks.

10. WraithThirteen

WraithThirteen Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 7, 2004
    Apparently the mods deleted my other post, but I'm wondering who regularly visits XBOX Live. Being new to the Live universe, I'm still trying to get my feet wet and am looking for a couple people to hook up with and kick ass.

11. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    I just bought this game last week, and it has been a TON of fun! I haven't beat it yet, but I think that I am nearing the end of the Kashyyyk campaign. The game is a truely awesome warm-up to when ROTS is released in a week. It gets me in that Episode III mood. :D

Anyways, I was wondering if there was any possible way to get an MP3 of that track that plays for the game's main menu. You know, the one with the choral chants.

I love that piece of music, and I would love to be able to listen to it on CD or my iPod.

Thanks! :D

12. ywingempress

ywingempress Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2003
    You can download MP3s at the game's official site:
    http://www.lucasarts.com/games/swrepubliccommando/hud.html

Go to Navigate | MP3's and the menu song is 'Vode An Brothers All'. Hope that helps! :)

13. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    Dude! Thanks a thousand times over! :D

I just downloaded "Vode an Brothers All", along with the entire soundtrack! Thank you so much!

14. Ichor_Razor

Ichor_Razor Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 6, 2004
    Just completed the PC demo & I wan't more! (Even if EIII is comin' out tomorrow :) ).

I hammered Grievous's guards with the sniper to the head & boy, they didn't go down but then, it ended.

15. sev07

sev07 Jedi Youngling

May 18, 2005
    Which unit u guy think is the best one in RC
    1 Geonosian
    2 Trandoshan
    3 Trade Federation
    4 Droid Army

16. sev07

sev07 Jedi Youngling

May 18, 2005
    Which squad do u think is the best one in RC
    1 boss (delta38)
    2 sev (delta07)
    3 fixer (delta40)
    4 scorch (delta62)

17. JakiChan

JakiChan Jedi Youngling

Apr 13, 2002
    I rented this game and can get it used for $32 which isn't bad, but the whole "no widescreen in 480p" thing is *really* annoying. I really hope they fix that soon.

18. CieSharp

CieSharp Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2002
    Drew_Atreides,

If you or others still need help with "Belly of the Beast" (when you're on the Trade Federation Capital Ship and have 5 minutes to download the launch codes and leave), it's prudent to have at least 2 minutes remaining once the doors to the final "bridge" area open.

You need to push aggressively past the initial enemies, then assign 2 squadmates to snipe on each side of the metal railing thingie by the computer terminal. Assign your third to cracking the code. In the meantime, clear out that round area on the other side of the computer terminal, there are a few battle droids and 2 ceiling mounted turrets. That will be your escape route so you want it clear. If you have more time, you can fire a few anti armor rounds at super battle droids, or even throw some EMP grenades at the Droidekas.

19. Anakin_Skywalker20

Anakin_Skywalker20 Jedi Master star 5

Nov 16, 2000
    i just played a demo of RC and I was blown away. never played this type of game before, especially when u get to lead a squad of clonetroopers. man. I want the full version. :_|

20. Darth-Vassago

Darth-Vassago Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2004
    Is there anyway for my friend and I to play this on X-Box live, using the same screen and such? As in, he's over at my house, and we're playing it online. IE: Halo 2?

Thanks in advance for your replies. :)

~Vassago

21. Darth-Vassago

Jun 28, 2004
    I don't usually bump threads...but...bump? :)

~Vassago

22. Darkre

Darkre Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 15, 2005
    Here's a bump!

I played the demo twice or three times in a row. I really liked it, but it seemed to leave me with a weird taste in my mouth. I felt like i coulnd't really take decisions... The spots where you can send your guys is just too evident...

But i really liked the idea

23. Darth-Vassago

Jun 28, 2004
    I agree, but you need those "evident" areas in the heat of a battle. :)

So, anyone have an answer for me? :confused:

~Vassago

24. ywingempress

ywingempress Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2003
    Darkre,
    I had the same feeling after playing the demo. I liked it, but in a way it seemed too linear.

However, when I played the full game this wasn't the case at all. There's a lot more variety. There are places where you have to strategically deploy your squad, and make decisions on whether to hold your ground or press forward. And in many places you must slice consoles or blow up things while holding back enemies, so it's a lot more important to really plan how you're going to handle a situation (if you don't plan, often you'll end up dead and you have to plan the next time through!). While the levels themselves are very linear - it's rare that there's ever more than one way to go - there's lots of variety within the levels. The game is strangely compelling. I've now played through the entire game three times, and I'm not done yet! :)

25. Darth-Vassago

Jun 28, 2004
    Darth-Vassago posted on 6/16/05 12:44pm
    Is there anyway for my friend and I to play this on X-Box live, using the same screen and such? As in, he's over at my house, and we're playing it online. IE: Halo 2?

Thanks in advance for your replies. [face_happy]

~Vassago
    [hr][/blockquote]

:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.