Star Wars: Republic Commando (XBox | PC)

Discussion in 'Games' started by Lord_of_the_Siths, May 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MandalorianOfHonor Jedi Knight

star 1
    In the demo didn't fixer have the ability to attack and jump on a Droideka before it opened to fight and destroy it when you told him to?Maybe I didn't get a chance to do it in the game,but I also don't remember haveing the option or seeing any mention about it in the game.
  2. MandalorianOfHonor Jedi Knight

star 1
    I guess their is a lack of interest in this game now. Nothing more to say about it?
  3. -MJOLNIR- Jedi Knight

star 1
    You can't perform that move on droidikas, which is ashame, it look dead cool :D
  4. Valyn Force Ghost

star 8
    So I just rented this game. I have it for a week and I'm on the stage where I have to navigate through the droid storage racks.

I I get to play for about an hour a day, will I be able to finish the game in a week?
  5. Agent_SkywalKer Jedi Grand Master

star 6
  6. ywingempress Jedi Knight

star 1
    I don't know exactly how long it took me, but I've read that for most people the single player game take around 8 hours. So you should be ok, as long as you don't die too much. ;) Either way, you'll definitely be able to finish the majority of the game!

I hated the storage racks levels too... :)
  7. Valyn Force Ghost

star 8
    Is the game worth a purchase?

It's cool and all...but I don't know if I'd spend $45 to finish it in case I don't finish it by the time it's due back at Blockbuster.
  8. Agent_SkywalKer Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I bought it because the enemies are different each time you play. I've played a lot and haven't gotten bored yet.
  9. ywingempress Jedi Knight

star 1
    I bought it because I like playing games over and over. :) If you're the kind of person who only plays games once, it might make more sense for you to just rent it again later, if you don't finish it this time around. But if you think you'd play again, it's definitely worth buying! It hasn't got boring for me yet. :D
  10. Water_Dark Jedi Knight

how do I get past the Trandoshan mines?
  11. Agent_SkywalKer Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Crouch through them, but tell your squad to stay back because the Trandoshans will come charging through their own mine field and kill themselves.
  12. grievious Jedi Knight

star 3
  13. CieSharp Jedi Master

star 4
    If you're referring to the part of Kashyyyk where Fixer says something to the effect of "this is the textbook perimeter defense of a trandoshan minefield" and Scorch responds "either that or the Wookiees have taken up landscaping", I don't cross the mindfield at all. I wait until the "slaver rush" runs toward your squad. All but 2-3 die from their own mines, so they clear the minefield for you. If the slaver rush event doesn't trigger, you may have to crouch ahead a little, and then slowly retreat when slaver rush is triggered.

In most minefield scenerios, just send a squadmate to disarm it while the rest of you cover that squadmate.
  14. Rogan_Agar Jedi Master

star 4
    Is it worth the purchase?

Honestly: No. Sadly. The game had great potential but it lacked SW atmosphere. The droids don't look like their counterparts from the movies, the levels are more like Alien than Wars. And it is short. I finished even in hard mode in 2 days.

Buy KOTOR, or Battlefront instead.
  15. Fist_of_Mandalore Jedi Master

star 4
    Why doesnt this feel like Star Wars? Oh yeah, there are guns and bllod and no frelling Jedi and/or sith. Which is a good thing. Cuz Jedi are idiotic and overused and Sith are just overused. I say buy it, only because online is fun :D. Well, at least I say it is fun. Even though the people who say AA guns and machine guns are for noobs say that it isnt. Remeber children, machine guns hurt and explosives are your friend.
  16. Valyn Force Ghost

star 8
    I don't think that it doesn't feel like Star Wars. I think that it gives a great and fresh new look to Star Wars--one that doesn't revolve around the Force or the Jedi/Sith.

Did anyone else notice that Scorch sounds exactly like Carth Onasi?
  17. HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania

star 6
    I have to disagree with Rogan also - it's the Star Wars we've been waiting for ever since Dark Forces. No lightsabers, no force powers, just a gun and a lot of bad guys. I've said this multiple times in this very thread before, but the game is meant to be a revisualisation of the Star Wars universe, not a down-to-the-last-bolt canonical representation. The enemies are designed to look bigger, tougher and scarier for a reason. Its only major downfall is its length, sadly, for which there isn't much you can do.

Valyn - that'd be because they were voiced by the same person. ;)
  18. Valyn Force Ghost

star 8
    So I'm on the Kashyyk mission to destroy the separatist cruiser...and suddenly I'm missing two of my squad mates. Where did they go? I'm stuck with Scorch.
  19. Agent_SkywalKer Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    If you are on the last level, then that is normal. They go to fire on the giant separtist ship that is invading.
  20. Valyn Force Ghost

star 8
  21. Valyn Force Ghost

star 8
    WTH?

Sev dies?!

NOOOOO!!!!
  22. -MJOLNIR- Jedi Knight

star 1
    HIs deathwas weak and crap.
  23. ywingempress Jedi Knight

star 1
    Officially, he's not dead, just MIA. :) So who knows!
  24. Rogan_Agar Jedi Master

star 4
    No, it was not the problem that there were no Jedi.

But the in-game models are all wrong. Since when do Battledroids have big white eyes? Or since when are Wookies three times as tall as Clone Troops? And since when do Clones have different voices? What about the Trandoshians? Are they apes or lizards? And the superbattledroids? Huh? The game feels like Alien, especially on the 'Ghost Ship'. I liked Geonosis and the last bits of Kashyyyk, but it does not stand a chance against Battlefront, Dark Forces or Jedi Knight IMO.
  25. HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania

star 6
    But that is PRECISELY the aim of the developers. It's still Star Wars, but it's different to anything else out there, for which I am eternally grateful. If it's not your cup of tea, that's fine, but the whole point of this game is to exaggerate everything.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.