main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars: Republic Commando

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by DARTH-PLONKER, May 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DARTH-PLONKER

DARTH-PLONKER Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 23, 2003
    At E3, Lucasarts annnounced a Star Wars FPS called Republic Commando, for X-Box and PC. It is set to use Unreal Engine Technology. There is a trailer to boot, but unfortunately my PC can't handle it.

LUCASARTS ANNOUNCES STAR WARS®: REPUBLIC COMMANDO?,
    A DARK AND INTENSE FIRST-PERSON SHOOTER GAME FOR XBOX AND PC

Expected for Release Summer 2004, New FPS to Utilize Unreal Engine Technology?

SAN RAFAEL, Calif. ? May 13, 2003 ? LucasArts today announced development is underway on Star Wars: Republic Commando (working title), a dark and intense first-person shooter for the Xbox? video game system and PC. The game will utilize an enhanced version of the acclaimed Unreal engine technology.

Expected for release summer 2004, Star Wars: Republic Commando will present a dramatic military-style action experience from the point-of-view of an elite squad member of a Republic Special Operations unit. Players will step into the role of a Commando performing precision operations deep behind enemy lines in this brutally realistic Star Wars combat experience.

Click here for the official minisite, where you can view the E3 trailer.

So, what do you think?

2. Yoda_Drinks_Red_Bull

Yoda_Drinks_Red_Bull Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 27, 2002
    Looks like a Star Wars try to get into the Splinter Cell/ Rainbow 6 market but I'm not complaining ;)

The graphics in the trailer are stunning and I can't wait :D

3. DARTH-PLONKER

DARTH-PLONKER Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 23, 2003
    Appears I wasn't quick enough. There is already a thread on this. I'll redirect you there .

4. Ganner_The_Hero

Ganner_The_Hero Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2003
    reminds me of starship troopers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.