main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Research Paper

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by BFett88, Sep 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BFett88

BFett88 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 5, 2003
    Hello everyone, I am writing a 15 page research paper for my school. I am of course doing it on Star Wars, now with your help I will be able to complete it.

What are some good websites that list Star Wars affect on the movie industry. Not just special effects, but Sci-Fi and how movies are made.

What are some good websites that list the affects Star Wars has had on the toy industry.

Some sites that state what effects Star Wars has had on our society.

Then what effect has it had on its fans. What effect has it had on you. How did it capture you imagination, why is it so special.

Why would things be different with out Star Wars in our world. How would it of affected things if Star Wars was never invented.

Thanks for all of your help.

2. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    um....I would try to get my hands on the A and E presentation from this weekend, they touched on how Star Wars affected the movie industry and might be a good place to start

3. melodyann

melodyann Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2004
    i agree with Sarnia...i have it Tivo'd if you want...it was really interesting. There is also another special coming up on VH-1. when star wars ruled the world. so i would check into that if you are interested.

4. BFett88

Dec 5, 2003
    I don't have cable :D. Melody could you transfer the Tivo to VHS?

5. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    http://www.aetv.com/global/listings/series_showcase.jsp?EGrpType=Series&Id=11470933&NetwCode=AEN

that is the link to the article on A&E's website about the documentary

6. kitarusapien

kitarusapien Former RMFF CR star 6 VIP

Nov 19, 2001
    Go to any sites that pride themselves on studying Lucas(George, himself), LucasFilms, and the other assorted offshoots of LFL for the backdrop on how SW has modded the industry. You may also want to contact GERMANY and GREAT BRITAIN's FanForce board leaders to see if anyone can relay their experiences of the impact SW had on Europe and other Earthly locales. I think the documentaries that come with EPI & EPII do a great job of identifying what went into the making of the films, and how technical advances have made the SW experience more expansive. Finally, just make a note of all the Internet sites that cover SW as a main topic.......THERE ARE HUNDREDS of THOUSANDS!!!!!

OMG!!!! I just did that search.......4.25M+ sites showed up!!!! To put that in perspective, the hottest thing on the horizon lately has been the Lord of the Rings; that search only brought up ~1.9M sites!

OOOooooo.....I just looked up Harry Potter, too, and even that groupie horde could only muster a flat 4M sites, so it looks like SW holds the high-water mark even after 27+ years!!!!!

You might also divulge, if you can find it, the numbers on how much merchandise has gone downrange since the first ANH....that outta be REALLY impressive!!!!!

7. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003
    Some sites that state what effects Star Wars has had on our society.

I dont of any sites about this,but look at shows and movies.There is a ton SW refernces. if you say "use the force" about 90% of people know what you're talking about.

8. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001

You know, IB brings up a very good point......I can't think of a single movie or series of movies, besides SW, where more lines are quoted on a daily basis....and by at least two different generations!!!!

Oh, and by the way, be sure to back up your statements with factual data......nothing'll knock the wind out of yur sails faster than a research paper with no proof.....FLOL!

9. BFett88

Dec 5, 2003
    Thanks for all the tips.

But everyone here in the rmff, how has it affected your life? What would your life be like without Star Wars? Why did you pick Star Wars as your thing to obsess over? What made you love Star Wars?

The reason I am asking these questions is because I need some interviews for my paper.

Thanks for all of your help.

10. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    I'd also look in consumer journals and things like that. Any college library should have those.

Star Wars is more than a movie. It's created a community of like minded individuals. That is why I am still a fan of star wars, because it's fun and there's people that agree with me.

I started to become obsessed with star wars because of Harrison Ford, he is just too cute. I discovered that I really liked the movies too.

11. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    For me the movies have a serious draw....since they were made by humans, & not muppets in a galaxy far, far away, there is a continuity that transcends the normal sci-fi genre. The classic Senate battles, the turmoil of good vs. evil, the trade issues, the 'backyard' turf wars, ect.....it's just.....real. You take out some of the more outrageous sci-fi parts of the SW universe, and indeed, you have a plot about us.

But for me......THIS GROUP IS TO BLAME!!!!!! FLOL!

12. MoD-Sith

MoD-Sith Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2003
    i like the movie because they are entertaining, even when my very first copies a bunch of years ago(like 10ish) didn't work very well, i can remember catching glimpses of Darth Vaders face and being like, WHOA COOL! the toys also kinda got me into it also, like the huge millenium falcon toy, thats awesome, except i fell on it and one of the landing gear broke, that was sad, and i still have the x-wing toy ig ot for christmas a long time ago but i have since lost two of the guns that go on it. i like reading the visual dictionaries because it give a bit of background and history on the stuff in the movies, and the cut aways of the lightsabers are cool, also the cutaway books of the ships are pretty cool, and also the idea of lightsabers is awesome,a nd the only thing holding us back from that is the ability to maintain a magnegtic feild like that and we can produce pure energy in something that small(WHY!!!) and also with out it i wouldn't have met this girl. . .

13. I_got_BronKOd

I_got_BronKOd Jedi Youngling

Sep 15, 2004
    you could always say that starwars is awesome.

14. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001

You remember where I said a couple weeks ago that "Star Wars" nets around 4.2M sites? Well, it looks like the DVD just spiked the pot again, 'cause now there's 4.5+M sites!!!!!

"Impressive, most impressive."

15. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    Shane, one of the DVD bonus featurettes is on the SW Legacy & how it impacted film-making & film-makers. Might be helpful for ya, if ya haven't had the chance to check it out yet.

16. BFett88

Dec 5, 2003
    Thanks alot I just checked it out today. It is awsome and I can take some direct quotes from it. Thanks for the tip.

17. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001

Yu kno...I fer one would luv to see yur finished paper put up on the RMFF website in the Lit section.

18. StarBlazer

StarBlazer Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2001
    How funny, I just wrote my college essay about Star Wars! (Well, the RMFF and costuming, but kinda the same topic...) :D

*SB*

19. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001

Another great addition to the RMFF Lit group!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.