main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Resistance Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Ancient Whills, Apr 26, 2018.

1. TheCloneWarsForever

TheCloneWarsForever Force Ghost star 7

Apr 24, 2018
    I'd rather this series not preempt the Ahsoka/Sabine/Ezra story so I'd be wary of her appearing in person. Being acknowledged as a historical figure or appearing in an old holo or something without revealing her status in the ST time period, that's another matter. I sure won't complain.

(and FOD is a universal era series featuring familiar characters from all over the franchise so I'm not sure why Ahsoka appearing there is an "overload" factor.)

RaptorMusic and MandaloreRex2015 like this.
  2. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    I like the character of Ahsoka, but from what little we know so far, she doesn't fit this series. The Resistance shouldn't know/have access to a powerful Force user. It would take away from their desperate effort to find Luke. Unless Ahsoka is killed by the FO and they're looking for a replacement... [face_thinking]

But I don't think Kylo Ren would stand a chance against Ahsoka :)

RaptorMusic likes this.
  3. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    Or she raises Rey on Jakku and is only hinted at during the series?

4. TheCloneWarsForever

Apr 24, 2018
    "Rey, I cut ties with those who raised me at 16, but you apparently download all your character growth so you might as well do it at 6."

Wrenegade, TheMDOSS1313 and kalzeth like this.
  5. Dellow Felegate

Dellow Felegate Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2018
    This show should be interesting. I'm a huge fan of space battles and even though i like TCW and Rebels, they didn't have many of those.

TheMDOSS1313 likes this.
  6. Hopeless

Oct 28, 2006
    Interesting point.
    What if she geased Rey before leaving fully intending to return but Finn returning for her on Starkiller Base broke the geas so she's no longer obsessed with returning to Jakku?!
    Still can't see her abandoning any 6 year old though!

TheCloneWarsForever likes this.
  7. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Rey knowing Ahsoka makes about as much sense as Snoke surviving.

Look Rey is powerful in the force and she should have no connection with Ahsoka because let me ask you again how does that make any sense?

Also Rey will have absolutely nothing to do with this show. I can guarantee that.

8. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    “Growing threat of the First Order”. Given that time frame, I don’t think it makes much sense for Rey to be in it. Sounds like it takes place between Bloodline/Aftermath and TFA.

9. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    TB to 2015: roses are red, violets are blue. Why does everyone want to go back to Jakku?

Senator Kelberry and podjazd like this.
  10. Hopeless

Oct 28, 2006
    Who doesn't want an explanation that helps explain the ST?!

Rey being a trained Padawan but unaware of it would help explain her skills!

11. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    It's either going to take place only few months, maybe a year max, before TFA or they're going to retcon the Poe Dameron story from the Before the Awakening book. I also wonder if they took into consideration the Poe Dameron comic series when they were writing scripts.

Because its all one big continuity where everything is equal after all, right? Right...

12. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Why doesn't it make sense if Rey should have a connection to Ahsoka? It's not to say that either of them may be in this new series; but I don't see what the big deal is. Maybe she just doesn't remember her early childhood for some reason or another; which could include Ahsoka.

[​IMG]

Vialco, DaddlerTheDalek and Hopeless like this.
  13. TheCloneWarsForever

Apr 24, 2018
    Even setting aside my personal feelings about the ST, Star Wars storytelling has historically worked best for me when it does its own thing and doesn't try too hard to connect to the films. Ahsoka in TCW, Ezra in Rebels, Face and company in the EU Wraith Squadron series, etc. This seems to be Filoni's leaning too which is probably why his work and I get along so well.

In any case, my problems with Rey has less to do with a lack of explanation for her skills as the fact that that explanation isn't translating to an on-screen story of struggles and overcoming them.

14. Hopeless

Oct 28, 2006
    And who wouldn't love the realisation that Anakin's fully trained Padawan's own Padawan spanked her former Master's grandson?!

15. Hopeless

Oct 28, 2006
    That too.
    But i'm hoping they reveal episode 7 is all a badly warped force vision Finn experiences in his coma thus allowing it to be used as a worst possible outcome that encourages Finn to do his best to prevent.

Fortunately all the bits with Luke & co doesn't happen because he doesn't know them well enough to accurately understand what that vision is telling him.

16. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    If you're talking about Ahsoka going up against Kylo; I'd highly doubt that would ever happen. The best we could hope for is Ahsoka being a new hero in the Battlefront 2 game; where we could put her up against Kylo then.

17. TheCloneWarsForever

Apr 24, 2018
    Yeah, I'm sure Ahsoka would prefer a challenging adversary.

18. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    But that's not my point. I'd imagine after having to face her former Master as Vader, she'd have enough with trying to get through to anyone in the family turned to the Dark Side.

19. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    She never met a Resistance member before “Finn” this she can’t be in the show.

20. Hopeless

Oct 28, 2006
    Who says Ahsoka joins the Resistance?

21. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    This might sound crazy but I think they're going to go with new characters.

22. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    OC has been extinct for a millennium! :p

To be honest the less we see of established characters the better. As much as I liked some of the TCW characters in Rebels I wish they were not there.

podjazd and cwustudent like this.
  23. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Running away again, old lady Tano?!

Vialco likes this.
  24. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Who are you calling "old"?
    [​IMG]

25. Zef