main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Resistance Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Ancient Whills, Apr 26, 2018.

1. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    That she does.

2. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    well, this would be like 25 years later so...

[​IMG]

podjazd, Vialco, BigAl6ft6 and 2 others like this.
  3. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Hardy har har.

4. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2014
    I wonder if we see some Rebels characters in this.

5. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    Whose left 30 years later?

6. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2014
    Yeah. [face_laugh]

7. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    If anything, Ahsoka may get name dropped but I think that is about it. I don't suspect she will be a major factor in this series. I'm a major fan of Ahsoka and want to see her show up as much as possible, but even I am not sure she should be in this series at all. With the exception of references.

revan772 likes this.
  8. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012

BigAl6ft6 and Darth_Zidious like this.
  9. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    We should really start the Ahsoka, Ezra, Thrawn and Sabine in Resistance thread. I can't see that Rebels cliffhanger going un cliffhanged throughout Resistance. They'll certainly be older, though!

10. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    I won't judge it yet, but if it's another happy go lucky happy fun time show like most of Rebels was, I probably won't bother getting into it. I don't want another show that gets progressively more serious. Filoni did that with both TCW and Rebels. The stories only got better once the show was halfway out the door. After the last few seasons of TCW, I expected Rebels to start out strong. It didn't. It followed the same storytelling format at TCW, with silly, simple stories in the beginning and serious, complex stories at the end. For TCW I assumed it was because Filoni was new. After Rebels, I recognized the pattern. I'm not going through another 4 years of SW TV where 3/4 of the episodes involve silly, affable plotlines and a lack of imminent danger of any kind. It's just a waste of my time. But, that's Disney Wars these days. As I saw somebody put it on Facebook, "The days of seeing someone's head being chopped off, necks being snapped, and someone being blown up, all casual like are long gone." We're not going to get the good old dark days of TCW back.

11. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    I'll give it a chance, but gawd, I agree with this. Thing is, while I (like others) didn't think all that much of the movie and first season or so of Clone Wars--didn't hate it either--I didn't think they were in any way *damaging* to the overall aesthetic.

Stormtroopers are the Empire's terror troops. The first time we see them easily beat a ship full of rebel soldiers. The OT heroes spend pretty much all of their time *running away* from them. Then to see "Rebels," and see the heroes beat up stormtroopers while cranking out oneliners... that damages my view of the saga. Awful.

12. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    If this is coming out towards the end of this year I wonder when we will get our first peak at some character art, settings, that sort of thing. That’s what I’m excited for.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. Keep that Gandalf the white knockoff away from Resistance. She has no place in this story nor should she. The galaxy is full of billions of aliens, characters, worlds and creatures. Why does this one insist on hanging around making it feel small And convenient just so “connections” can happen feel forced like the later seasons of Lost.

Let’s have an entirely new cast that we can invest in. Hell maybe we get some characters who then transition to the big screen because they actually make sense. Who knows?!

podjazd, Vialco and kalzeth like this.
  13. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    When are they going to release a trailer or teaser for this series?

Did they announce when they're planning to release it yet?

podjazd likes this.
  14. BadCane

BadCane Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2015
    I don't know if this has been discussed around here, but I have a friend that thinks Ahsoka is being used by LFL as the link that binds the 3 trilogies. That's why she made it alive in Rebels and the reason that cliffhanger exists.

I think this is true and she will eventually show up at some point in the ST era. Maybe in Resistance.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
    RaptorMusic and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  15. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    DisneyXD seems like a traditional "launch new shows in September" network and since it's out this year, I would say September is likely with trailers landing probably come SD comic-con

Hopeless, podjazd and kalzeth like this.
  16. AndrewPascoe

Apr 26, 2014
    Skywalker’s already link the three trilogies though.

Count Yubnub and kalzeth like this.
  17. TheCloneWarsForever

TheCloneWarsForever Force Ghost star 7

Apr 24, 2018
    Not the same as a single character. Being a fan of one Skywalker doesn't mean being a fan of the progeny or relatives - for example, plenty of Luke fans around here hate Kylo Ren (the last remaining character with Skywalker blood.)

Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
  18. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Ahsoka would be the only 3 trilogy character with self awareness and agency throughout. Luke is kind of a newborn

TheCloneWarsForever likes this.
  19. AndrewPascoe

Apr 26, 2014
    What about R2 or 3PO? Or Chewbacca? Yoda?

cwustudent and tatooinesandworm like this.
  20. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Tru dat!

21. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    This looks promising, can’t wait till we get more info and art showing what this is about.

22. TheCloneWarsForever

TheCloneWarsForever Force Ghost star 7

Apr 24, 2018
    R2, 3PO and Chewbacca are side characters. Only one of them can even vocalize in our language and they don't have any special insight into Jedi matters. And they have little to no presence in the TV series.

Yoda is a Force ghost post-ROTJ and aside from RJ's ill-considered lightning gag (hopefully to be disregarded by all future writers), should have very limited impact on the living going forward. He's good to have around but he shouldn't be shaping events or handholding the living all the time.

By contrast, Ahsoka is a main protagonist character who was heavily shaped by her time with the Jedi. She's the last living member of the CW-era Jedi Order and has a perspective to share on them that is unlikely to be shared by Yoda. I'd rather see her in her own Ahsoka/Sabine/Ezra series post-ROTJ than in Resistance, but either way, I'm glad she's around post-Endor.

BadCane, kalzeth and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  23. AndrewPascoe

Apr 26, 2014
    Ahsoka has no business being around Post-Endor other than having a Henry Blake type exit.

24. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Ahsoka isn't a Saga character so I'm not sure how she can tie it altogether. She hasn't appeared or been mentioned once in the films. Anakin is the character that ties it altogether. PT = rise and fall, OT = redemption, ST = legacy.

25. AndrewPascoe

Apr 26, 2014
    People were shocked when Maul showed up in SOLO but at least they recognized the character. If Gandalf-the-white-lite showed up most people would be like “...who?”.

Plus this story isn’t supposed to be about the Skywalker’s it’s supposed to be about the resistance pilots. The galaxy is huge we don’t constantly need cameos and call backs.

Rennzwerg and Blackhole E Snoke like this.