main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Resistance Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Ancient Whills, Apr 26, 2018.

1. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Saw Gerrera wasn't a Saga character and he showed up in R1. Maul was split in half at the end of the last "saga" movie he was in; so to everyone not familiar with the animated series, he's dead.

At this point in the game, I'm not buying the "she doesn't belong in the Saga story" argument anymore.

2. RaptorMusic

RaptorMusic Jedi Youngling

Mar 4, 2018
    If we're talking about the cartoons, Anakin doesn't tie them all together. Or if he does with TCW and Rebels, then it's through Ahsoka.

I don't know what this could mean for Resistance, but the idea of her linking all the eras through the cartoons is interesting.

3. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I was simply referring to the films. Off topic I know. On topic I hope she doesn't appear in Resistance but I'm sure she probably will.

cwustudent likes this.
  4. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Yah I'm not saying Ahsoka / Thrawn / Sabine / Erza are going to be big parts of the show but their unresolved ending in the Rebels finale does seem that it's really likely at some point their storyline is going to be picked up again in Resistance. Unless Filoni is saving them for a different show, which seems kind of odd.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
  5. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    Please sweet lord baby Jabba don’t make it so!

6. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    Yeah, I would prefer this to just be it’s own thing. Let the new characters have the spotlight, and sure maybe some appearances from Leia, Poe, Rose, and others involved in the resistance.

Ahsoka has had plenty of time, and I’m sure we’ll see her again. But she doesn’t have to be everywhere.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
  7. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    I think it's more likely than them showing up in Resistance.

8. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Yeah, I agree.

We will probably get the first season introducing the new characters and the setting, and in Season 2 or 3 we will start introducing the characters from TCW and Rebels.

After all, the show is supposed to be about a pilot of the Resistance spying on the FO, which means we'll be hanging around in the Unknown Regions a lot, which is precisely where Ezra and Thrawn ended up, and where Sabine and Ahsoka went to search for them.

9. tatooinesandworm

tatooinesandworm Jedi Master star 3

Jul 30, 2015
    You guys are all crazy. They are not going to have Ahsoka/Sabine/Ezra/Thrawn in Resistance. Filoni is currently working on a couple of shows. All he did with Resistance is come up with the idea. He isn’t working directly on it. Sure he is overseeing the production, but he isn’t in the details like he was in Clone Wars and the beginning of Rebels.

I am confident Resistance is going to be its own thing.

Sent from my Ornithopter using The Force

CoolyFett, RaptorMusic and revan772 like this.
  10. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    To clarify, I definitely think it's going to be its own thing. They're not gonna revisit Ezra as a middle aged man.

CoolyFett likes this.
  11. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    I'm more hoping they will explain the ST properly this time!

cwustudent, CoolyFett and kalzeth like this.
  12. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    What exactly from the ST has been confusing? First Order rose from the remnants of the Empire and the resistance came about to...resist it.

13. BadCane

BadCane Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2015
    TFA's Visual Dictionary explained it. The Republic was demilitarized. Leia and other politicians who feared the FO founded a private army called Resistance.

cwustudent and Jedi Knight Fett like this.
  14. Hopeless

Oct 28, 2006
    They eventually discovered an old Imperial Superweapon which they used to blow up the capital which wasn't Coruscant and all of a sudden after said superweapon's destruction revealed an overwhelming fleet of warships manned by all the people they enslaved..

Thirty years and not a single New Republican except for Leia and a small band of friends suspected anything?!

It still does have alot of explaining to do!

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
    Rennzwerg and kalzeth like this.
  15. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    While the Rebels quartet seems too much of a dangling thread to leave unresolved, I'll only accuse Filoni of favoritism if Rex shows up in Resistance cuz, let's face it, he should be long-o dead-o.

cwustudent, Hopeless and kalzeth like this.
  16. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    As far as Rex is concerned, I'm glad in the Rebels epilogue they confirmed he was there on Endor. That was a cool gesture.

[​IMG]

17. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    I really hope we get the PoV of the Rebels characters throughout the OT. A Comic or something would be nice.

18. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    My guy right here.

Ahsoka's Tano and RaptorMusic like this.
  19. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
  20. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Do we know he survived the battle of Endor though? We don't see many of Han's commandos during the battle or after.

21. Hopeless

Oct 28, 2006
    Was there anything shown during Battlefront 2?

22. Hopeless

Oct 28, 2006
    Would anyone be upset if they revealed Ben WASN'T an only child and we're introduced to someone similar to Ania Solo in this series?

Maybe the reason Han & Leia got into problems and Ben became unstable is because his sister went missing along with the Millennium Falcon?

Maybe she grew up faster once she left home make her the Solo who wanted to prove herself since she isn't force sensitive and whatever caused her to leave plays a part in why Ben fell?

Last edited: Jun 9, 2018
  23. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    That is Nik Sant, not Rex.

24. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    It's been pretty heavily implied that Nik Sant from Legends is actually Rex.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  25. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    Also Rex is not a white guy, so it would be kinda problematic if he were that guy on Endor.

cwustudent and my kind of scum like this.