main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V Star Wars: Resistance

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ancient Whills, Apr 26, 2018.

1. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    If Phasma is on the show, I hope she gets developed way more than in the movies. And maybe take off her helmet.

2. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    They can find the wreckage and not the people. Then maybe using clues, they partner with Sabine and Ahsoka, to find them. Since Poe kind of delved into this period already, I'm not sure how "loud" their missions can be if you know what I mean.

3. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    Talk about an easy benchmark....

4. Jedi Princess

Jedi Princess Jedi Master star 4

Mar 25, 2014
    I am a thousand percent here for this.

5. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    What I mean is I want them found way earlier than this timeframe, so if they find the wreckage here, it'd only be in an "oh yeah, this thing those rebels already dealt with a couple decades ago." Circa TFA is way too long for Thrawn to be out of the picture, so I hope all the Rebels follow-ups are going to form part of whatever other show Filoni's bound to be working on, rather than this one.

6. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    FoD is a quick little moral lesson...not in depth story telling.

revan772 likes this.
  7. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    Thrawn will be a bartender on Nar Shaddaa with bad grammar. And Ezra will be Master of the Knights of Ren (the one before Kylo).

Filoni's other series will show how they became this way. :p

8. Yunzabit

Yunzabit Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2015
    Anime-inspired? That's odd. I was really hoping the next series would be Ahsoka and Sabine. I don't know how I feel about this; only anything to do with the resistance/First Order era is terribly boring.

Though Bobby Monyihan is in it, so that's kewl

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
    Xander Vos likes this.
  9. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    It being about flying and spying is pretty interesting to me, I wonder how that works. The only thing I can think of is them going undercover as mercenaries or volunteers or something (Flying Tigers! Plus, it would be a good excuse to give every member of the main cast their customized fighter) and going up against various pirates, warlords, and terrorists that the First Order are backing, trying to find proof of the Order's foul play.

Though (looks at username) that is probably just wishful thinking on my part and it will really just be a reason to have shootouts on the ground as well as space and air battles.

Kylun likes this.
  10. Coherent Axe

Dec 20, 2016
    Bearing in mind Filoni isn't directing this. He's not even executive producing it. He just created it, which makes it seem like it's one of several ideas he's got in production. So I'm thinking whatever the actual follow-up to Rebels will be hasn't been announced yet. Just consider this a fun bit of lore-building and gap-filling, and enjoy the ride.

11. Ackbar's Fishsticks

Ackbar's Fishsticks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 25, 2013
    I'm 99% certain that any Rogue Squadron story in the new canon would've fallen flat with me by comparison with the original, which was probably my favorite piece of all EU lore. I prefer it if they do something in the same general vein, but with different characters/era, so on that count at least, I'm good with this show.

Voltron64 and Force Smuggler like this.
  12. Endol

Endol Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2014
    This sounds like Join the Resistance: the animated series!

Good opportunity to link with that book series, seeing as it's aimed at the same sort of age.

Dawud786 likes this.
  13. Coherent Axe

Dec 20, 2016
    Fart Wedding's back on the menu, boys!

14. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    Your mission Kazuda, should you choose to accept it, is to assassinate Force Skype founder Snoke. Although he poses as an aging playboy, he is in reality the Supreme Leader of the First Order. As always, should you or any of your co-pilots be caught or killed, General Organa, and especially the New Republic, will disavow any knowledge of your actions. This datapad will self-destruct in ten seconds. Good luck, Kazuda.

15. tatooinesandworm

tatooinesandworm Jedi Master star 3

Jul 30, 2015
    There is A LOT of tie in speculation going on in this thread.

With it being focused on Kazuda being a spy gathering info on the First Order, I doubt we are going to see a lot from The Resistance, barring the occasional cameo. It’s not like Oscar and Gwendolyn are recurring voice actors. I would heavily bet that they will be in the show as much as Vader was in season 2 of Rebels.

And the other resistance pilots? Doubt they will feature much either. It would be hard to spy on be FO with a squadron of X-wings in tow.

Bingo.

Sent from my Ornithopter using The Force

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
  16. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Eh I'll wait and see. The whole "scrappy underdog good guys" thing has been done to death. Also knowing that pretty much all of these people will be slaughtered by the end isn't helping either.

17. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    How do we know Kazuda will be slaughtered? They couldn't even bring themselves to kill Ahsoka or Ezra. There's no reason Kazuda will be killed, he's probably on the Falcon at the end of 8.

18. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Uhhhh....

The fighter pilot aspect of the show is mentioned front and center. In contrast, spying is mentioned once offhandedly.

I expecting some Wraith squadron style shenanigans personally.

Also, (assuming Kazuda is a he), he could just as easily have been away from the Resistance base when stuff went down, like many of the named pilots from TFA. Kazuda's group might even be one of the allies in the Rim they were trying to contact.

Kylun, kalzeth and redxavier like this.
  19. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    Leia sends people out to seek help for the Resistance. Members of Black Squadron is one and they can easily include the main characters of this series on that list as well

20. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    Lando: Kazuda, aren't you going to answer that distress call from Leia?

Kazuda: She slapped me in front of my whole squad because my hyperdrive leaked from Coruscant to D'Qar, potentially showing the Resistance was being funded by the Republic. As if the whole galaxy didn't already know it with her sending minions to the Senate pleading for cash. And after I told her that maybe she should reveal the conflict of interest that her son is a First Order commander, she slapped me again. Her screaming and physical abuse is too much, and now she's begging for help? Let her burn.

revan772, kalzeth, AV-6R7 and 3 others like this.
  21. Darth_Duck

Darth_Duck Chosen One star 5

Oct 13, 2000
    Maybe Lando can pop up.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

Nom von Anor likes this.
  22. Shadowrain10

Shadowrain10 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 12, 2017
    I was hoping for it to be between 8 and 9. It's just that in my opinion, Star Wars has always been a Space Fantasy series, and I was really hoping that the animated series for Star Wars would continue the trend of enriching the lore of the Force but it doesn't look like this series is going to be doing that which makes me a little sad. The episodes of Rebels that I really enjoyed were the ones that involved the Force in a big and meaningful way, not so much the pilots, I think I may have just been spoiled by both The Clone Wars and Rebels which featured Jedi as main characters.

revan772, kalzeth and Voltron64 like this.
  23. Jedi Princess

Jedi Princess Jedi Master star 4

Mar 25, 2014
    Just wait. Breathe. We know a paragraph about the show.

24. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    They should have just given the audience what they really want "Young Snoke Chronicles", showing Snoke's adventures all the way from TPM up to TFA. It would be part anthology series, part biographical series. ;)

25. tatooinesandworm

tatooinesandworm Jedi Master star 3

Jul 30, 2015
    I expect it will start out with Poe and The pilots, but will very quickly become a spy raft show. I just don’t see Poe being a main character.

I will probably be proven wrong come the fall. I’m fine with it if I am.

Sent from my Ornithopter using The Force