main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V Star Wars: Resistance

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ancient Whills, Apr 26, 2018.

1. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    We should have literally thousands of Force Users of hundreds of sects. That is my biggest hope for the STAR WARS canon that we get away from Jedi and Sith to a much vaster universe.

Voltron64 likes this.
  2. jSarek

jSarek VIP star 4 VIP

Feb 18, 2005
    I'd prefer if the show starred Voren Na'al, Corellia Antilles, and a new Tiss'shar sidekick character as they run around the galaxy exploring the history, archaeology, and languages of its various planets, with those languages designed by professional conlangers like Marc Okrand, David J. Peterson, and J.R.R. Tolkien, the latter of whom having been resurrected expressly for this purpose.

And a pony under the Christmas tree.

BigAl6ft6, cdgodin, Kylun and 6 others like this.
  3. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I think the Jedi basically cornered the market on Force sensitive people throughout the galaxy for so long that barely any unaffiliated sects had a chance to flourish. And then once the Empire took over Force sensitives were hunted down either for recruitment or elimination. Even by the time of Resistance there wouldn't be a whole lot of growth in non Jedi/Sith Force organizations.

MrDarth0 and Ghost like this.
  4. Jedi Jessy

Jedi Jessy Force Ghost star 5

Feb 28, 2016
    If Phasma is in it, I hope we'll see Finn

5. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Color me excited for this! :D

Has anyone noticed yet that the starfighter in the main image appears to be extremely modeled off a Liberator-class Republic starfighter from SWTOR (with, obviously, some more X-wing bits)?

I mean, compare...

[​IMG]

to...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Seems Resistance will continue Filoni's theme of using TOR-era vessels as Rebel/Resistance ships.

Dr. Steve Brule and spicer like this.
  6. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    My immediate reaction was that this looks like an E-wing with sensor housings in the nose and different mid-wing thrusters - a Recon-E, perhaps?

I can see how the nose resembles the Talon / Liberator, though... [face_thinking]

- The Imperial Ewok

Last edited: Apr 28, 2018
    TheRedBlade and Revanfan1 like this.
  7. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Looks more like a Z-95 Headhunter to me.

Hopeless and Revanfan1 like this.
  8. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    Definitely a Z-95, I wonder if the paintscheme is inspired by Naboo's N1s. Seems too similar, the profile is basically a reverse N1.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2018
    Hopeless likes this.
  9. Yunzabit

Yunzabit Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2015
    YES! Yes. That’s exactly what I wanted. A Star Wars based Star Trek theme exploration series. Discovering stuff in Wild Space.

10. jSarek

jSarek VIP star 4 VIP

Feb 18, 2005

11. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    Well, according to Bloodline Leia is already setting the formation of the Resistance into motion 6 years before TFA, after she's found out about this underground First Order neo-Imperial movement brewing within the New Republic. After she was drummed out of the Senate in disgrace once she was outted as the daughter of Darth Vader. Ben is still off with Luke, he falls some time after that.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

12. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    And going by the description it was a while after Poe was recruited that Kazuda finds himself recruited.
    So I'd say 5 or less years before TFA!

13. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    timline wise, it's around 5 years. If this goes around a year each season i could see this like Rebels last 4 seasons, assuming they don't conttinnue after TFA.

Hopeless likes this.
  14. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    Or just get away from actual Force users in general.

Rogue One did it right.

nancipants and Darth_Duck like this.
  15. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Alternative solution: Watch Star Trek. ;)

16. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    My second least favorite Star Wars movie.

17. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    Oh :( Either Rogue One or Revenge of the Sith are my contenders for favorite Star Wars film, as both films really show the power of the Dark Side and the heroes show true heroism as they die or have their lives permanently ruined.

ESB gets all the credit for being a "dark" film, but honestly everything other than Luke's right hand ends up being a temporary loss. And even the hand was "fixed" by the end of the movie...

18. Yunzabit

Yunzabit Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2015
    I was initially excited but lately I've been very bored with the Resistance-First Order era. Also if the animation is Japanese-style anime; I'm not watching. Don't get me wrong. I love Japanese anime but not for Star Wars

19. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    I have seen the sentiment a lot and yet I still find it odd, considering how strongly Star Wars was influenced by Japanese films, and how in turn Star Wars was a big influence on anime. Nothing could be more fitting, in my opinion.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
  20. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    I must be the only guy in my generation who never liked anime style at all...

Kylun and kalzeth like this.
  21. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    I used to say I didn't, but I think it'd be more accurate to say I dislike some types of anime styles. It's a pretty wide category, after all.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  22. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    It's not even that I think it can't be good, it's just it simply does not... Not even sure how to say that. I plainly don't like it. There's no other way to express it. Remember that TIE-fighter anime-style short movie? Everyone but me was fawning over it.

Kylun and Sinrebirth like this.
  23. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I fawned hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senpezeco, Outsourced and Vthuil like this.
  24. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
    What style would that be, name artists, please? :p

25. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Did you seriously miss the fan made TIE anime?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

starfish likes this.