main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars: Revelations Trailer

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Azeem, Feb 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediTAC

JediTAC Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 30, 2000
    they should have spent more time on the script and less on the effects, as if there were some magic balance. Script is pre, CG is post, I don't think they really ever compete compete.

Yes ... however, these days scripts are written with the CGI in mind. I have little doubt that George Lucas is pretty confident that he can write anything he wants and know that his ILM artists will be able to create it digitally. So, in today's day and age, your statement is pretty much moot.

I don't see Revelations being anything close to an "overdone" FanFilm in terms of CGI effects and in terms of what I have seen thus far in the trailers. (Yes, IMHO, AOTC was way overdone and way too "modernized" (i.e. DAX's Diner ... can you say "Mel ... kiss my grits??)) ;)

JediTAC

2. SamS

SamS Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2002
    Instead of getting Jonathan Hales to co-write the script, GL should have asked John Hughes. A teen romance set in space would be right up his alley.

I saw the clip about making Episode III where the sets were being built, the costumes being made and models being created, but GL still hadn't finished Draft 1 of his script. Would I be out of line to think that's a reckless way to make a movie?

3. keithabbott

keithabbott Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 1998
    Not to get too far off-topic, but there are those who loved the OT for what it was back in the day...cheesy effects and all. And then there are those who love all the modern and possibly overdone CGI effects.

I so happened to love AOTC, putting it #1 on my list of favorite Star Wars movies with ESTB a close 2nd. If only the Hoth battle could have been bigger like AOTC.

But that's just how things have changed over the years. Either people like it or they don't. Many Star Wars fans these days don't much care for the Prequels. I'm not one of those fans. I'm still a kid at heart and I think the Prequels are awesome for what they are. There's not so much a group dynamic, as there are more one on one relationships.

Keith

4. panicstruckpro

panicstruckpro Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 6, 2002
    I have uploaded a new compressed version of the Revelations Trailer, and let me say a big thanks to Jeremy West for turning us on to the Sorenson Sqeeze compression solution!

I recommend it for others as well, and thanks Jeremy for helping us to find a great tool that gets the job done.

So... the Revelations trailer is better compressed, is a wee bit smaller in file size, and I even ajusted the emperor clip to make him a bit thinner (no further comments on this) as I am very pleased with the work spatcave.com did for us, and I felt it was far better than just a guy in a dark hood pulled over his head, or me just filming the emperor's back. I even tweaked the girls fight a touch (which to me I felt the girls did a stellar job... their fight is not easy by far) We did what we could with what we had, on all aspects, and we are very pleased and proud with what has been achieved on Revelations.

Thanks for everyones support. We appreciate it.

5. NickLong

NickLong Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2000
    Good job on the Emperor (sorry, I know you said no comments, but it is much better than I thought it would be!)

anyway,

Nick "Shorty" Long

6. marclinn

marclinn Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 25, 2002
    Nice job on speeding up the lightsaber fights, too! Much better! It looks fast without actually looking like you sped up the footage.

7. Obi_One_Kenodi

Obi_One_Kenodi Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 2, 2004
    Sorry, I know you said no comments but the Emporer looks fantastic!

8. marclinn

marclinn Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 25, 2002
    I just saw this picture of Shane over at Panicstruck's website!

[image=http://panicstruckproductions.com/images/cade_promo.jpg]

Pretty bad ass, buddy!!! Wouldn't want to mess with you now!

9. SpatCave

SpatCave Jedi Youngling

Mar 17, 2004
    I AM NOT A PUPPET!!

Sorry, had to get that out.

-Spat

10. panicstruckpro

Oct 6, 2002
    I agree with you spat.. you are many things, but not a puppet :) good seeing again btw..

I have corrected the trailer a bit and ajusted the emperor some as well as the girls saber fight.

11. JediJoeMadman

JediJoeMadman Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 23, 2004
    Been looking forward to Revelations since first seeing the trailer a few months ago. I hope to see it available on dvd when it is released. I think it will be a really great way of filling in some of the untold story between Eps III and IV.

12. brook_33

brook_33 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    i like just about everything i've seen so far in the trailer, except for two things. the female sith with two red sabers wasn't a very convincing actress, and the female jedi with two blue sabers didn't have a very powerful effect in the trailer. it was more puzzling than anything. other than that i can't wait to see the film.

13. SpatCave

SpatCave Jedi Youngling

Mar 17, 2004
    Well, I just got back from doing a convention called Icon, and during my Sunday panel I showed the new trailer on the big screen to the audience, and they went nuts!! It looks 100 times better on the big screen, as opposed to viewing it on a computer monitor.

Just thought you should know, it holds up really well!

-Spat
    www.spatcave.com

14. panicstruckpro

Oct 6, 2002
    That is excellent to hear Spat! hit me with an email and let me know how it all went. did they show it in the main area as well, as I sent them a DVD copy of the trailer to show but haven't heard much.

also FYI .. proud to announce the newest addition to panic struck productions.

NEW ADDITION to production

15. Crunchy

Crunchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    that's cool, I just had a baby girl 2 weeks ago :)

Hope all goes well!

16. darthviper107

darthviper107 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 26, 2003
    Congradulations.

17. Tempestjonny

Tempestjonny Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2002
    yeah, congrats. now can you get the kid to act yet? if so fan film ahoy.

18. JediTAC

JediTAC Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 30, 2000
    IT'S NO FAIR !!!

Not only is the guy an awesome filmmaker ... but he can create fantastic WEBSITES in the blink of an eye as well !!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!! :_|

In all seriousness ... CONGRATULATIONS !!! :D

JediTAC

19. ThePaladin

ThePaladin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2004
    Congratulations man!! Nothing like a newborn baby to bump your fanfilm thread. ;)

20. panicstruckpro

Oct 6, 2002
    New Interview and info on Revelations!

Inside Report has just released there newest segment, and was kind enough to feature Revelations on their show.
    You guys have to check out what Sky and her crew put together as they did an excellent job, and really presented a well put together report.

The Inside Report shows and talks about some great topics about fan films and features, and really turned out very professional.

For the Revelations segment you can see an interview with myself talking about the film and it shows some behind the scene clips of Revelations as well as bit from the trailer.

Kudos to sky and her team.. we are flattered to be asked to be a part of the Inside Report, and feel it's a great program.

50MB Sorenson 3
    Quicktime 30 minutes - Save As Please

Check it out!

21. PadmesBellybutton

PadmesBellybutton Jedi Youngling

Mar 25, 2004
    I seriously can't wait till this baby comes out. My favorite fan film thus far has been KnightQuest. Which IMHO is far superior to Broken Allegiance.

I have a feeling that with out a doubt Revalations will set the new standard for fanfilms.

And look, you guys have all this great publicity without starting any trouble, or starting up a bunch of rumors to attract attention to your website and threads, unlike some other fan films.

You guys are the true mark of profesionalism on an otherwise, unremarkable forum.

Good luck and continued success.

22. Saju

Saju Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 21, 2002
    Oh my...

That was amazing!

I really liked the lightsabers... they seemed "better" for some reason, that acting seemed rather good too.

My only complaints:
    1. The emperor... alot of people seem to not like him... he looks too "ancient" to me.
    2. The saber duels between the two women. Sorry, but two-on-two sabers just doesn't work for me. What are the odds both of them would have two sabers? For me, the only time two sabers makes sense is if one of them isn't the owners, I mean, how many Jedi do you see carrying around more than one saber?

Great work, and I can't wait for this thing,
    Alex

23. SpatCave

SpatCave Jedi Youngling

Mar 17, 2004
    I don't know if Icon showed it themselves, but I showed it during my Sunday panel to about 50 or 60 people, and they went nuts when it was over. As usual, I got the usual yells when the Biker Scout dies (me), and when the Emperor comes on (me again).

But on the big screen, with big sound, it absolutely ROCKS!!

-Spat
    www.spatcave.com

24. Obi_One_Kenodi

Obi_One_Kenodi Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 2, 2004
    Hey, Kudos on getting into the Inside Report. I'd actually never heard of the show until now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.