main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Star Wars Revenge Of The Sith Fanmade Trailer

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by TomClaydon, Sep 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TomClaydon

TomClaydon Jedi Knight

Sep 19, 2012
    Hello! i'm knew here, not sure how i've never found this place before, but i'm here now and would like to show you a sort of showreel i edited together from ROTS as it's one of my favourites out of the six.

It's just a rough cut but would really appreciate any comments, but the sole reason i made this was to fulfil my love of Star Wars and to sort of create something with my own interpretation. :) Thankyou​

2. PiettsHat

PiettsHat Force Ghost star 4

Jan 1, 2011
    It's very good. Your love of the film clearly shines through.

There are only a few minor things I would tweak:
    1. In the beginning, there can be some green flashes that intersperse the footage. If you could remove these, it would be much smoother.
    2. At about 1:42, Obi-Wan says "We are at war, Anakin." and then immediately says "The Council doesn't like it when he interferes in Jedi affairs." I think perhaps a slightly longer pause between these two lines would help. It seems a bit jarring to have them so very close together.
    3. The trailer just seems to stop rather than actually end. I don't necessarily have any specific suggestions for this, but I think it needs to wind down a bit more for the ending to seem natural.

Besides that, though, it's well put together.

TomClaydon likes this.
  3. TomClaydon

TomClaydon Jedi Knight

Sep 19, 2012
    Thankyou for the reply! You're suggestions are spot on! Yeah the green flashes have something to do with when i exported it, i wasn't aware of it until i uploaded :p And i totally agree with you're last two suggestions i will definitely start some tweaking.

4. Sistros

Sistros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 24, 2010
    I just responded to this thread in SWC :p

Piettshat had some good suggestions,

at for an actually "ending" instead of just stopping, I'd suggest something along the lines of

"it's is finished then"

or

this is how liberty dies with thunderous applause" if you want something less hammy

TomClaydon likes this.
  5. TomClaydon

TomClaydon Jedi Knight

Sep 19, 2012
    Haha sorry i didn't think i was going to get any replies on the other one :). Yeah that's a great idea! I'll get to it.

Anyone feel free to give me any suggestions :)

6. TomClaydon

TomClaydon Jedi Knight

Sep 19, 2012
    Any other opinions? :)

7. Eternal_Hero

Eternal_Hero Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 21, 2012
    It has the best audio separation of any fan trailer I've seen. Technically, no complaints.

In terms of style, I'd pick up the pace a little. It's an action movie as well as a tragedy. Maybe divide the trailer into two parts; the first half covers the tragedy well, then there's a point where the music trails off & you even fade to black briefly. I'd highlight the action footage in the second half by using some more rousing music, like Battle of the Heroes.

TomClaydon likes this.
  8. TomClaydon

TomClaydon Jedi Knight

Sep 19, 2012
    Thank you for the suggestions, i think i'm most definitley going to go back and add another segment using Battle of the Heroes, that's a very good idea . :)

9. TomClaydon

TomClaydon Jedi Knight

Sep 19, 2012
    Sorry for the double post but does anyone have ideas of where else it would be worth posting my trailer, would like to gain as much feedback as possible, which will only improve my skills. :)

10. Eternal_Hero

Eternal_Hero Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 21, 2012
    Nothing gets more traffic than YT. But there's Dailymotion & Vimeo and several others. Also Facebook.

11. Chosen_Jedi74

Chosen_Jedi74 Jedi Master star 1

Apr 18, 2005
    Good Job. I enjoyed watching your trailer. Rots is probably my favorite out of the six.

TomClaydon likes this.
  12. TomClaydon

TomClaydon Jedi Knight

Sep 19, 2012
    Thank you for the replies.

13. Mnhay27

Mnhay27 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    Great trailer. Really captures Anakin's inner turmoil nicely. However, it might be nice to incorporate more elements of the tragedy of Padme. I think people often overlook how important her point of view is to the overall feel of the movie. It's not just the fact that Anakin turned to the Dark Side to try and save her that provides the heart and soul of the story, but also the fact that she was ultimately heartbroken and destroyed by his desicion. (IMHO of course!)

TomClaydon likes this.
  14. TomClaydon

TomClaydon Jedi Knight

Sep 19, 2012
    Yeah my plan was too include more of Padme because ultimately her and Anakin are the pinnacle of the story, someone said today that the film is just all action, I strongly disagree because it's a lot more than that. What I love a lot is that it contains so many themes from Greek tragedies placed in this futuristic world where you think humans would be as advanced as their surroundings but ultimately they are still human beings with the same dilemmas and problems, i basically wanted to portray the human side of the story. Anyway I will be going back to the trailer sometime next week to add some stuff so I'll keep you all updated.

15. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    I thought it was very good.

TomClaydon likes this.
  16. Mnhay27

Mnhay27 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    When I read stuff like that it makes me wonder if we all watched the same movie! I mean, yeah, we get dropped right into the middle of the war with what is essentially a 20 minute action sequence at the start of the film. But then it's gotta be a good 40 minutes before Obi Wan confronts Grievous which is where the action starts to pick up again. And even then there's waaaaaaaaaaaaay more going on than just the fighting.

TomClaydon likes this.
  17. TomClaydon

TomClaydon Jedi Knight

Sep 19, 2012
    I agree totally! thankyou for the replies everyone by the way, i really appreciate it!

18. TomClaydon

TomClaydon Jedi Knight

Sep 19, 2012
    Here is an updated version. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.