Star Wars Revolutions

Discussion in 'Scifi 3D Forum' started by TheAnswerRP03, Jan 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheAnswerRP03 Jedi Padawan

Hello, I am a current 3d animation student and for my demo reel, I wanted to create a star wars duel (with a couple aspects of the matrix movies...such as the rain, fighting in the air..etc)...while I've already done some character modeling and animation, I was wondering if anyone could help me find some star wars character portraits/pictures....I found some on theforce.net..but they are not exactly what i was looking for....I wanted to get more detail (more facial details etc)..front and side view closeups...if anyone could help me out I would really appreciate it..also..the characters I was thinking about using in my duel:... darth vader vs darth maul or maybe anakin vs luke
    thanks
    TheAnswerRP
    ps-tell me what you think my demo reel idea is good (the whole star wars and matrix thing...or if you have any suggestions for the characters in the duel...please tell me)
  2. malducin Jedi Master

star 4
    Don't put that on your demo reel, it's considered bad form especially if it's something like Star Wars or the Matrix. Unless you worked on the films of course. If you can't do it as well as ILM or ESC there's no point. It's always better to put either original stuff or from your work (say if you work at a studio).

There are exceptions but it's better to be on the safe side.
  3. TheAnswerRP03 Jedi Padawan

Thanks for the input...I can see where you are coming from on that...and I think you are probably right...so I'll do something else for my demo reel..but I would still like to make my own short star wars movie for my own pleasure =D...
  4. malducin Jedi Master

star 4
    The big exceptions are parodies, but using the characters of the film, even for parodies, might be too much. When you start going at SIGGRAPH and watch other people's reels you'll get an idea.

But an online film is just perfect.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.