main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga ~Star Wars: Rise of the Chosen One [AU RotS] - Updated 5-27-07! ~

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by darth_nemisis, May 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RevaDurron

RevaDurron Jedi Master star 5

Jan 27, 2005
    Nice update Nem.

I have to wonder where you are going to take this though. :p

2. Peagis

Peagis Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 14, 2005
    Cool story if you have a PM list please add me to it!

3. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    Hey everyone, I sincerely apologize about the wait, been a bit held up with some other things. Anyway, my post is in the process of being beta-ed, so it should be posted shortly. Again, I apologize for the wait. :)

4. darth_nemisis

May 15, 2004
    AFtert quite a long time, the update is here! Again, a thanks goes out to Killik_Twilight for being the Beta-reader! :)

Chapter 5

Anakin's left leg shook uncontrollably as he was flown to a maximum-security apartment building a few kilometers away from the Jedi Temple. He continued to sob, thought it was heavily reduced. He knew, as the shuttle with him and Obi-Wan in it came to a stop, all his emotions would be washed away; except, of course, for love.

"I'm going to be waiting right outside," Obi-wan said. He smiled, and hurriedly, for he did not want to keep Anakin any longer than he had to, said: "Don't do anything foolish." However, by the time he finished, and, even before the shuttle came to a complete stop, Anakin was out of the shuttle and on his way to see the love of his life. Hopefully for Obi-Wan, Anakin, the Jedi, and even the galaxy, this meeting with Padme would bring Anakin back to his former self.

Anakin ran as fast as he could through the confined space of the apartment; he didn't even stop for the normal security check. As soon as he entered the main quarters of the room, he finally got what he had yearned for since the death of his other best friend; a meeting that seemed light years away before it happened.

Padme's embrace was the only thing that could keep his spirit up when it was dormant. This time, though, it was different. It was the best feeling of his life.

That feeling was trumped, however, when their lips met. For that long moment, they were no longer Padme Amidala Skywalker and Anakin Skywalker; they were one single person bound by love; a chain of love that could resist even the strongest and most powerful lightsaber.

They were, and forever would be, together.

"Oh Anakin!" Padme cried after their lips separated. They looked at each other; the most beautiful look either of them could have ever imagined. "When I heard was happened, I was so scared! I thought...I thought something might have happened to you!"

Anakin smiled for the first time he saw her a day or so ago. "I'm fine, my love, especially now that I have seen you." He kissed her again. "I would never leave without you, you know that." He kissed her, again. He could tell she had been crying, dry streams where tears were previously flowing, stained her cheeks.

"I know, Ani!" She now kissed him. They held this kiss for a long, long moment. Finally, Anakin felt rejuvenated.

Padme guided Anakin to the couch, where, once he sat, C-3PO asked him for refreshments. "We would like to be alone," she replied with a smile.

Padme then pulled out a device where she pressed a few buttons. The message he had sent her appeared. "I--I don't understand this," she said.

Anakin turned his head, unable to stare at the women he, indirectly and in his mind, killed. "I..." he was unable to speak. For that long moment where they had embraced, he had completely forgotten about everything that had occurred; he was just so happy to see her. Now, the happiness he had felt when he saw her and they embraced had disappeared. "I am so sorry, Padme!" He began to cry again.

She wanted to cry, she wanted to cry in his shoulders, but she knew she couldn't. How could she do that to Anakin? It would only make him feel worse. "Why? What are you sorry about?" She used her sincere voice, her loving voice; the voice she could only use around Anakin.

"I could have saved you, I could have kept you in this world," he buried his head into his hands to hide his shame from his love. "But I failed...I failed you my love."

He cleared his nose, wiped his eyes and said, "You don't understand Padme. I had the power...I had the power to save you..." He let out a fairly loud cry before continuing. "...and I let it go...I let you go."

Padme smiled and gave Anakin a loving embrace. She had never seen him this way, and could barely stand it. Leaning back, she looked into her lovers eyes. They looked so terrible. They were saggy with fatigue, and made him look like he was in so much pain; in so much agony. Yet,

5. anakin_luver

anakin_luver Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 26, 2005
    Oh my gosh! I loved how you described Anakin and Padme's reunion! So utterly touching and sad!

Love Obi-Wan in this! Just like the man I so dearly appreciate!

Great update! I wonder what's going to happen at the meeting!

6. EquestrianJedi07

EquestrianJedi07 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 19, 2006
    What an intense emotional reunion. Poor Anakin is still beating himself up over "letting go" of Padme :( Oh, Padme, get through to him (well, okay, I know she's starting to... but please continue! [face_praying]) And Obi-Wan: awwww. I always knew he was an old softie at heart ;)

Thanks so much for the PM! :D

7. FitJedi

FitJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2006
    Great chapter, I'm so glad Anakin finally got to see Padme. However, I hope she understands what he did, and that things are alright between them. I can't wait to see what happens next.

8. darth_nemisis

May 15, 2004
    Thank you guys so much. As I have said many times, I always love when others say good things about my work, and love it even more when you guys enjoy it so much. Thanks to all three of you. :)

9. Mr_Dagobah

Mr_Dagobah Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 30, 2005
    Great chapter, Darth-nemesis! Although, Anakin has to stop crying now. Lol![face_laugh] Do update soon.[face_peace]

10. Darth_Mongoulus

Darth_Mongoulus Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 2, 2005
    Such a bittersweet chapter. *sheds tears*. I loved it.

11. Peagis

Peagis Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 14, 2005
    Cool chapter i hope we get another soon!

12. 92SE-R

92SE-R Jedi Master star 3

Apr 15, 2005
    Just read it. WOW. great story. Looking forward to the next update. Whenever that will be. ;)

13. darth_nemisis

May 15, 2004
    Thank you guys! I truly appreciate it. :)

14. leiaelyssa

leiaelyssa Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 1, 2005
    Please update again soon...or put me on the PM list if you have one..

15. slow_dawn

slow_dawn Jedi Master star 2

Apr 18, 2006
    I liked the C-3P0 viewpoint, he's always entertaining. Hmm, I wonder what the council will do next.

16. darth_nemisis

May 15, 2004
    Thanks to the both of you. :) I will be sure to PM you both when the next update is.

Speaking of which, the next update may not be up for a bit. I have a lot on my list of things to do at the moment, both in RL and not. So, I apologize. :(

17. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    This is good can't wait for more[face_dancing]

18. darth_nemisis

May 15, 2004
    I just thought I would let everyone know that I haven't forgotten about this, and am finished with Chapter 6, just need to send it away to my beta guy. So, once that is done, it will be up! :)

19. darth_nemisis

May 15, 2004
    Okay, here it is! Sorry about the long wait, but it is finally here.

Within this update, the italicized words, are exerpts from Matthew Stover's Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith novelization. I give him full credit once more. :)

Also, thanks to Killik_Twilight for beta-ing this so fast! :)

Chapter 6

Obi-wan and Anakin watched a holov of the Jedi Council room where seven masters discussed an important issue: the senate and their reactions to the recent dilemma. Obi-wan had asked, just after Master Yoda gave the "okay" for Anakin to see Padme, to accompany his former apprentice for support. As a result, he missed the senate discussion.

He didn't miss much, though. He found out the discussion was just as he had expected it to be as he and Anakin watched. A concern was posed: "The Senate will believe it to be an assassination." A question was asked: "What will we do about the war?" The answers were: "Tell them we will, how dangerous Palpatine really was," and, "It will continue until the threat of the Seperatists is ended."

Then, they moved on to a discussion about a new Chancellor, and who they believed to get it. To Anakin's surprise, Padme was not mentioned at all. It caused a bit of anger to rise in him, but it quickly fluttered away. However, her colleague, Bail Organa's name arose, as did Mon Mothma's and a few others.

Obi-Wan shut if off half-way through, already knowing what was discussed. Besides, he was a lone with his best friend, not counting the troopers in the front of the shuttle; how could he pass on this opportunity. He turned to Anakin. "How are you feeling?"

Anakin looked at him and, to Obi-Wan's surprise, smiled. "I'm alright," Anakin said, lying. Inside, he was still torn up like that ship he landed on that abandoned airstrip just days ago. Worse even. He was still distraught over the thought of losing his loved one. "That's not important," he said, pointing at the Senate Rotunda, which was beginning to fill the viewport.

Obi-Wan smiled. He knew his apprentice...former apprentice was not telling the truth, the Force was telling him so. But, he had to grieve somehow. And, it was good to see that Anakin was able to put his feelings aside for "Jedi Business".

The duo entered the Senate Rotunda just minutes afterwards. Inside, they heard loud rumbles coming from within the Grand Convocation Chamber. The Senators did not seem happy, and wanted to begin.

Obi-Wan led Anakin to their designated pod where, outside, stood Master Windu and two clone troopers wearing the colors of regular soldiers; a nice set of security given to the Jedi by the Republic that hated them at the moment. "Hurry," he said. "It has already begun." The Jedi Master led them inside the pod.

In the center of the massive room was the Chancellors pod, vacant of a Chancellor, but hosting the body of the Chagrian, Mas Amedda. "They have killed our Chancellor!" he shouted, receiving a loud roar from the Senators. "Without him, we will most certainly lose the war!"

The pod suddenly began to move as Mace Windu, sitting beside Master Yoda at the front of the pod, began to speak. "Lies," he said calmly. "Our former Chancellor was not who he appeaered to be. He was a Sith Lord and mastermind behind the Clone Wars. Palpatine was simply a mask created by his true identity, Darth Sidious."

"And how do you prove these claims?" Mas said as if the words came from a child.

"The death of three Jedi Masters," he began, forced to shout to be heard over the Senate's roar. "A Sith Lightsaber owned by Sidious, scars on my body caused by lightning spawned form his fingertips, and an eye witness who saw it all." His expression still looking like a statue, which, over the years, had become his normal appearance. "Not to mention the countless artifacts found in his private, and public, apartments."

The Senate roar quietly died down as he finished speaking; eventually dieing out completely. Mas, however, was unconvinced. He pulled out a disk and said, "You are the one

20. EquestrianJedi07

EquestrianJedi07 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 19, 2006
    =D= Yay! So the Jedi finally got most of the Senate to understand the truth about Palpatine. Now about those few that still don't... they should be... dealt with [face_devil]

Thanks for the PM! :D

21. anakin_luver

anakin_luver Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 26, 2005
    I love how this is completely believable. That's too bad that Padme's name wasn't called for Chancellor. But there still is a chance!

I love the smiles of Mace and Yoda!

Thanks for the PM. This was a great update.

22. Darth_Mongoulus

Darth_Mongoulus Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 2, 2005
    Awesome. If only ROTS was like this.

Just to clarify, I love ROTS as is, but it's nice to see Anakin and co. escape tradgedy once in a while.

23. FitJedi

FitJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2006
    Glad to see Anakin is keeping his mind and emotions on the meeting, however I wonder what will happen after wards. Will he and Padme talk some more? What will the councils reaction be? Who will be the new chancellor. Can't wait for more, great update.

24. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    Good post
    Thanks for the PM

25. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Behind by two posts here.

Ch. 5 - Awww, Anakin's turbulent emtions once he reached Padme brought his former master to tears. :( :( I hope the Padme's comment of anting to make sure that her husband is okay is taken to heart by Anakin.

Ch. 6 - Ogh wow. I really thought for a moment the falsified holovid would have nothing to dispprove it. I'm glad the Jedi thought ahead.

"Up to you, that answer is." This time, Yoda replied.

Exactly! That shows the Jedi have no interest in control the Senate.

Superb posts Nemisis!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.