Hou, TX Star Wars Road Show Coming to Houston - September 3rd

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by JediSearch, Aug 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediSearch Jedi Knight

star 1
    From August 22 to September 11, three favorite characters from the Star Wars saga will visit 11 cities throughout the U.S.

David Prowse
    Peter Mayhew
    Warwick Davis

Throughout the 11-city road trip, Star Wars fans will want to keep their eyes peeled and their cameras ready: By submitting their best pictures of the characters and themselves (or family members) to starwars.com, they could win a trip for four to the ultimate Star Wars event -- Celebration IV, to be held in May 2007 in Los Angeles -- or copies of the DVDs and videogame.

Details
  2. JediSearch Jedi Knight

star 1
    I guess the actors are not going to be here. It will be LucasFilm staffers wearing the costumes.
  3. DarthElizur Jedi Master

star 1
    I guess they are going to Johnson Space Center.

Alas, my annual pass has expired. I'll have to reconsider getting it again when they release some more details. Have you taken your family yet, Jedi?

My kids like the Martian Matrix quite a bit, but we didn't really go very often, even though it's pretty close to my house.
  4. JediSearch Jedi Knight

star 1
    Not yet... my wife grew up here, so she has been a few times. I can't wait to take my son though. I'm looking forward to it.
  5. Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep

star 6
    Hmm, yeah, I just heard about this.
  6. Captain_Pete_Solo Jedi Knight

star 1
    Does anybody have any details on the event?
  7. JediSearch Jedi Knight

star 1
    I haven't seen any details yet.
  8. Danpa_Wamem Jedi Knight

star 2
    From what I've read from starwars.com it says the characters will be at major league stadiums, hospitals and making a stop by the Johnson space center. So what would be the odds of the characters being at all 3 places?

The reason behind my thinking this is: the Johnson space center was mentioned (so that will happen ... not sure of a time though), plus the Astros have a game that day (Sept 3rd, I have tickets already) and Houston has alot of hospitals (the childrens hospital would be a good choice), the characters could be at all 3 places at the same time (1 per place).
  9. StormMoose Jedi Knight

star 2
    I would think it would be great if one of them would throw out the first pitch.
  10. Danpa_Wamem Jedi Knight

star 2
    Going by starwars.com the characters will be at:

Houston (Texas Children's Hospital; Space Center Houston) -- Sept. 3

So I guess no Astros baseball game appreance. :_|
  11. Captain_Pete_Solo Jedi Knight

star 1
    Does know the times for the events?
  12. TI1420 Jedi Knight

star 2
    9am for TCH, and about 1pm at Space Center is the expected timetable. Myself and a couple other 501st stormtroopers will accompany them at TCH, but not for Space Center.

13. JediSearch Jedi Knight

star 1
    Cool! Anyone else plan on going?
  14. StormMoose Jedi Knight

star 2
    I would go but my GM said I have to work that day. I want A job were I can still be A Star Wars nutcase and be proud of it. Any ideas out there? I hope the kids enjoy it as much as I would. Clowns and bad majic tricks were all I got in hospitals.
  15. JediSearch Jedi Knight

star 1
    It looks like I may be able to make it to the Space Center gig with my three year old son. He is really excited about it.
  16. Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep

star 6
    I'd forgotten about this and its just days away. Hmm, probably won't go.
  17. StormMoose Jedi Knight

star 2
    The Space Center was in the Preview section of the paper. It sounds like A lot of fun. Will the adults outnumber the kids? Wish I could go.
  18. StormMoose Jedi Knight

star 2
  19. JediSearch Jedi Knight

star 1
    I wasn't able to get over there. :(
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.