main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Books A/V STAR WARS: ROGUE #$^$%&ING ONE: A STAR WARS STORY

Discussion in 'Literature' started by CooperTFN, Mar 12, 2015.

1. Darth_Garak

Darth_Garak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    If Zeta comes around it will be a miracle of Waru proportions. (If you see this Zeta, I'm just poking fun, nothing serious is intended)

2. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Give it time!

Force Smuggler likes this.
  3. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Honestly, I kinda want the Anthology films to feel differently from the classic "episodes". If stylistically and tonally they're exactly the same, what's the point? Feel free to delve into stylistic divergents and corners. The fact Gareth Edwards is doing a "realistic" take on it totally fits with the POV from the ground up - style he's done in "Monsters" and "Godzilla".

4. Darth_Garak

Darth_Garak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    Hell, I've wanted a Star Wars story that focuses on Imperial or Rebel ground troops for ever - a SW Gaunt's Ghosts if you will. They should definetly use the spin offs to explore all sorts of things, could be cool.

5. Good_News_Nobody

Good_News_Nobody Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 4, 2011
    There isn't much of him in SW. His contribution shouldn't be used in vain - to promote a yet non-existent movie in a cheap teaser trailer.

6. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
    And Josh Trank is the same way. It makes me wonder what they tapped Trank to direct, considering the "found footage" style of Chronicle, though what I've seen of "Fantastic Four" from the two trailers looks a good deal more traditional in terms of cinematography. Trank has an affinity for dealing with how teenagers or young people deal with a sudden onset of extraordinary powers being given to them, but that's not necessarily going to affect why they chose him to direct. After all, I doubt there'll be a giant monster to run away from in Rogue One.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  7. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    It's a new chance.New opportunity to tell stories that haven't been told, and a fresh take on the galaxy. How can you not be into it?

Lando Swarm and Jedi Ben like this.
  8. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    True, but we have is damn classy and often amongst the most quoted lines going - though I'm not sure the man himself would approve of that!

We'll have to disagree on the trailer, as I really liked the image reveal it built up to. It's easy to forget just how massive the Death Stars were - that goes some way to reminding people.

9. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012

Giant monster, no. (erm, lemmie amend that to "maybe". It is Star Wars, after all.) but I'm thinkin Edwards will take the POV angle of his movies and use it in Star Wars. Take out Monster or Godzilla and sub in AT-AT. Or a big damn Imperial ship. Tiny people in frame looking up at something biggggg coming their way. His movies have a "realistic" vibe even though they have a fantastic monster movie element in there. Good thing to do when making Star Wars.

And there will be a cutway from an action scene mid-chaos in "Rogue One". Decent gag if it works. Hope it isn't as overused as in Godzilla though.

Kyle Katarn. Rebel agent TV series after Rogue One is done so they can reuse the very expensive movie sets for a weekly TV series!

Who will probably eventually be the founders / name for Rogue Squadron by the end! Origins!

10. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    The Jedi protected the galaxy. Now they're gone. They don't protect the galaxy any more. This is apparantly a substantial theme of the movie. We need to do this ourselves, because the Jedi aren't going to come in like gods and save the day Like they did for 'over a thousand generations'.

11. Cracian_Thumper

Cracian_Thumper Jedi Master star 2

Feb 7, 2015
    Also works! I just figured they were trying to set the time and place--this is the dark times, this is the Empire.

Riv_Shiel likes this.
  12. Captain RX

Captain RX Jedi Master star 2

Jul 30, 2014

I guess what there going for is that the Jedi protected everyone but now with all the jedi long dead who will rise up and fight the Empire

13. Captain RX

Jul 30, 2014

Star Wars is the 1st film not the 4th. Star Wars isn't a linear franchise each trilogy can stand on its own. The prequel trilogy is entirely skipable/optional. Think of the Prequels as a spinoff trilogy of the original Star Wars trilogy.

Jedi_Jade-Skywalker likes this.
  14. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    The more I think about this movie, the more excited I am about it. I don't know if I'd say I'm more excited about it than TFA, but it is really cool to see this sort of Star Wars story that breaks with the general mold of the saga - the kind of thing that you'd just occasionally see as an EU one-off (though I guess the X-Wing series does come close) - as an actual feature film.

15. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
  16. Captain RX

Jul 30, 2014

The last 4 days is how religious people must imagine Heaven is like

17. Captain RX

Jul 30, 2014

I have a feeling he's making a KOTOR movie especially since the story group has been really weird about answering questions about that era and the obvious influences and references to it in the TFA trailer. Maybe its about the early force users ala Dawn of the Jedi?

18. The_Four_Dot_Elipsis

The_Four_Dot_Elipsis Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 3, 2005

Um... because maybe this time this will actually be it?

Strange platform to pick for "EU is better, this new Disney wave is pure dysentery" grandstanding since it was one of the key points that the old EU couldn't get straight. At all.

19. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    Yeah, I wouldn't want to see Rogue Squadron be a group of spies like they were in Wedge's Gamble. That would be so stupid.

o_O

CooperTFN likes this.
  20. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Another take on the Death Star plans.....yawn.

Honestly the whole subject is kinda boring at best, Legends or official canon. It being the most simple level of Dark Forces was the best indicator of its overall importance :p

21. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    This s set between Episode 3 and 4 so what can it be? More dark times close to OT stuff? I mean everything is OTish in nature. Gone is the pt like it never existed. People really didn't like the pt and those around Disney less. Sorry fanboys that's the feeling that I'm getting

22. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    If one of the members of the Rogue One team is a heavily armed ammunition enthusiast named Kyle Katarn, I'm sending LFL a fruit basket.

23. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    Wut

24. The_Four_Dot_Elipsis

The_Four_Dot_Elipsis Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 3, 2005

Erm... yeah. As I've mentioned in the other thread, Disney's first objective is to make Star Wars beloved again instead of the punchline it's become in the last 20 years. It's a repair job.

In other news...

If this covers the "Rebel starships striking from a hidden location winning their first victory against the Empire", I demand a "Story by Brian De Palma" credit. [face_plain]

25. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001

Don't apologise. The prequels were awful, true; but it's hardly your fault.