main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Rogue Leader

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Darth_Tayanvo, May 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Tayanvo

Darth_Tayanvo Jedi Youngling star 2

May 23, 2002
    I am thinking of buying a Game Cube just for this game. I was persuaded to do it by the price drop of the Game Cube. Is it worth it?

2. CwrnPuppet

CwrnPuppet Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    Most definitely, in my opinion. It's an incredibly fun game! Mind you, it's not exactly EASY, but with some practice, you get the hang of it. Just be prepared to shake your fist at the game now and then.

All in all, if you ask me, that game alone makes the Gamecube worth the price.

3. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    That and Resident Evil

4. Kenobi217

Kenobi217 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2002
    It's a great game..I bought Gamecube just for it. Plus there's gonna be Resident Evil, Zelda, and the new Mario game. It's gonna be good. I'd reccommend it.

5. Darth_Deen

Darth_Deen Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 8, 2002
    yes that is worth buying a cube for besides clone wars is comming for the cube also in september and believe me is that game gonna rule

6. Jedi4Christ

Jedi4Christ Jedi Youngling star 1

May 27, 2002
    GameCube Rules!!!

And...

To add to that Bounty Hunter is coming out in the fall, and Jedi Outcast in the winter. And Rouge Leader, now!!! :D Awsome!!! :)

- Jedi

7. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    Yah, I wish there was an AOTC game coming to PC! :mad:

Gamecube's got both Clone War and Bounty Hunter coming out for it and the PS2 and X-Box have Jedi Starfighter.

Grrrrr....

8. Neffer

Neffer Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 14, 2001
    Has anybody heard anything about the Episode II console titles coming to PC? All of the N64 games did, and I'm hoping the GC ones will too.

9. Jedi4Christ

May 27, 2002
    "Gamecube's got both Clone War and Bounty Hunter coming out for it and the PS2 and X-Box have Jedi Starfighter. "

Maybe it's about time you invested a little dough into a $150 dollar GameCube! ;)

-jedi

10. Artanis_Knarf

Artanis_Knarf Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 1, 2002
    I bought mine last X-Mas simply for this game...

11. Master_of_Darkness

Master_of_Darkness Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    For the PC: I think it's possible an AOTC game could come out for PC.. but you'll probably have to stick with Clone Campaigns for now. AOTC is out for the GBA though. I think it's safe to say when it comes to EP3/EP2 related stuff, Gamecube's the best bet. Viva la Clone Wars!

12. Humble extra

Humble extra Jedi Youngling star 5

Jun 12, 1999
    i got the cube for RL, well, at least on NZ launch anyway.....ilike it heaps, but its not that much different from RS, some levels look like clones to behonest......

13. Neffer

Neffer Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 14, 2001
    If it comes to that I might shell out 200 plus bucks for RL and the plethora of E2 games, but I'd rather just spend 50 or so for a PC version.

14. CGI_Yoda

CGI_Yoda Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 7, 2002
    It's easily worth it. If you do get a gamecube, Super Smash Brothers is a good bet for multiplayer.

15. Coligeon

Coligeon Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 20, 2002
    Sithman, whatever happened to your thoughts on Rogue Leader coming to the PC? I was hoping that was true, but nothing ever came to it. Rogue Leader was a game I was hoping would come to the PC because it brought the OT back and I have JO. Argh, clone campaigns, please. I think Starcraft looks better then that game and it's more then 4 years old. Nothing PC relating to AoTC is coming at all, very dissappointing. Kotor looks ok, but cone on, it's an rpg. Pc gets the shoulder is you ask me.

16. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    "..nothing ever came to it"

...YET. :D Patience, it will come.

17. Jedi4Christ

May 27, 2002
    But what sithman hasn't told you is that the dudes who were making Rouge Leader said on a LucasArts question time, that rouge leader would NOT be coming to the PC, it is a GameCube exclusive. period.

mind you this may, or may not be my opion.

-jedi

18. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    "But what sithman hasn't told you is that the dudes who were making Rouge Leader said on a LucasArts question time, that rouge leader would NOT be coming to the PC, it is a GameCube exclusive. period."

Yada yada yada, I've heard THAT one before! Look, LucasArts said the SAME thing about Battle for Naboo (which is developed by Factor 5 as well)- it was an N64 exclusive. Now it's out on PC as well. I told my brother and one of my friends that BfN would come out on PC but they didn't believe me. Well, guess what game I have on my computer now. Battle for Naboo.

Bottom line: It's going to come out. Trust me.

19. Humble extra

Humble extra Jedi Youngling star 5

Jun 12, 1999
    meh, but i don't even want to play it on pc, although i guess its nice to have options......i just have a clear division in my head between certain types of games, some are console, some are pc.......even though both often cross that line, for example i sometimes play starcraft on n64, and sometimes i play first person shooters on pc.....sure its crazy reversing them like that, but hey

20. Coligeon

Coligeon Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 20, 2002
    Well, it's a nice option for us folks who don't want to spend $199 for a system to play one game on.

21. Jedi4Christ

May 27, 2002
    Maybe... but it wouldn't be as good. ;)

BfN stinks on the computer compared to N64, believe me, I've played both.

-jedi

22. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    "Maybe... but it wouldn't be as good.

"

Um, your computer must be a piece of junk. I've played it on both as well and the PC looks a TON better.

Ever heard of a little thing called "Anti-Aliasing"? It goes a long way. [face_plain]

23. Darth_Simpson

Darth_Simpson Jedi Master star 4

May 7, 2000

You're absolutely right, BfN was horrible on PC. I'm not talking about the graphics here, but the way it played.

On N64 however, it was a better game, although slightly old and dated.

24. 1AaronBrown

1AaronBrown Jedi Youngling star 2

May 11, 2002
    Sithman:

Yada yada yada, I've heard THAT one before! Look, LucasArts said the SAME thing about Battle for Naboo (which is developed by Factor 5 as well)- it was an N64 exclusive. Now it's out on PC as well.

Exclusive generally means console exclusive, meaning it won't be on any other console, but perhaps PC

25. Jedi4Christ

May 27, 2002
    Um, your computer must be a piece of junk. I've played it on both as well and the PC looks a TON better.

:_| NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! He said that my computer is a piece of junk!

Looks can be deceiving, because I think BfN handles terriable on the PC. The game just doesn't have the same good feel to it, it's too hard to aim or something.

Yeah, I guess my computer is a piece of junk it's only a Intel Pentium III 799 MHz 384 MB of RAM.
    :eek: Piece of Junk???

Somehow, I didn't think so. ?[face_plain]

LOL!!!!!!!!! [face_laugh]

-Jedi :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.