Star Wars Rogue Leader

Discussion in 'Games' started by Darth_Tayanvo, May 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi4Christ Jedi Master

star 1
    You're absolutely right, BfN was horrible on PC. I'm not talking about the graphics here, but the way it played.

On N64 however, it was a better game, although slightly old and dated.

At least someone agrees with me! :D

-Jedi
  2. Coligeon Jedi Knight

star 3
    What type of video card do you have, that is one of the most important factors.
  3. Jedi4Christ Jedi Master

star 1
    My computer is excellent in it's video capabilitys, there is no question on how my computer runs BfN, it's like Darth_Simpson, said, it doesn't control right or something, it's just not as good...

In my opion. ;)

-jedi
  4. Coligeon Jedi Knight

star 3
    Ok, but what brand is the video card, what model? That will determine how well your graphics capabilities are. Just to get my vote in, I've played Battle for Naboo and had no problem aiming. We all have our opinions no doubt though.
  5. Sithman Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Ditto. What aiming problem are yout talking about?

"Yeah, I guess my computer is a piece of junk it's only a Intel Pentium III 799 MHz 384 MB of RAM."

Um, it's not a piece of junk, but it's not exactly stellar, either. [face_plain]
  6. SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer

star 5
    I disagree, It is junk.

I'll buy it off you, 50p. And that's pushing it. You won't get a better offer than 50p.
  7. Sithman Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Okay, fine, it's junk. :p

It surely doesn't beat my 1.8Ghz, 80 gig, 512 megs of RAM gaming machine. :D
  8. IHaveLostMyPants Jedi Padawan

my computer is also junk, p3 800 mhz 512 meg ram, and yes, rogue leader is worth the price of a gamecube, and pick up resident evil too
  9. snooozer Jedi Knight

I cant believe Sithman is still spouting this uninformed stuff about a PC port of RL. heh.

well, I wont "argue" with you about Rogue Leader coming to the PC, especially since you feel you have some special inside tie-in to Factor 5 or Lucasarts (laughable), but either way...Rogue Leader is not being released on PC. but like I said, I won't argue with you. I will however tell you one thing. if some miraculous event happens and Rogue Leader does come to the PC, it will not be Factor 5 porting it. and that, good sir, is a fact.

I won't go into everything you're being ignorant to...or should I. Factor 5 nor Lucasarts never said BFN was not coming to the PC...only that it was console exclusive. that was it. believe me, in fact they actually hinted at a PC port of BFN long before it was announced. secondly, Factor 5 have spoken on multiple occasions about the disgust, trouble and problems they had while porting BFN to the PC and that they wont do it again, instead if anything they would develop multiple versions almost at the same time. that is well documented, and surely someone as knowledgeable as yourself would know these things. and yet, even if you set that aside, both Lucasarts and Factor 5 said that Rogue Leader will not be ported to any platform...not console, but *platform*. that was NEVER said about Rogue Squadron or Battle for Naboo. I suggest you check your facts. but I digress.. again, you seem to have some "inside source" at Factor 5 who told you they are porting it to PC in time for this summer. that in itself is odd enough since summer is practically here, and there's still no one working on an RL port. I guess they better hurry. go ahead and say that you learned from an inside source that there will be an RL port like you've said before, and I'll stay here laughing. but oh well. tell Rudolph, Julian, Thomas, Chris and the gang that I said hi, will ya? either way you look at it, if RL does somehow end up being ported to PC en route of a miracle, it won't be Factor 5 doing the porting. why don't you just ask them yourself :)

as for BFN PC...what everyone else said is correct. BFN does look better on the PC, but it also runs worse, handles worse, and has many control glitches. besides some of the control glitches, it also doesn't handle as well and the maneuverability is stiff. overall the N64 version is far superior. thats a shame, in my opinion...considering Rogue Squadron for PC is so much better than the N64 counterpart. yeah, the PC versions of both games have the framerate and graphics down cold, but RS for PC generally has everything over the N64 version.. I would even say it has better control, moves faster, has no disadvantages at all. it seemed that the PC players got the much better deal out of that one, which is exactly the opposite of what happened with BFN (i own RS and BFN on both N64 and PC), and that could be why.
  10. Miz Jedi Knight

star 2
    Which is why I'm looking forward to when Rogue Leader comes out on the PC. WHEN, not IF. It looks swish on the GC, so it'll look better on the PC!

The reason they say they're exclusive to 'console x' is because they want you to go out and buy that console. You're mostly saying you will, because you're gullible. So, ner. Once you've all bought a GC, THEN they'll port it to PC.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.