main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Rogue One: Cassian & K-2SO Special #1

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ancient Whills, May 19, 2017.

1. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I hope so as well!

2. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Rogue One: Cassian & K-2SO Special #1 preview
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Really cool aliens in that one. Both the idea behind the main species as well the background lot...the artist has a lot going on there.

4. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    Verpine! Noghri! Trianii! Caamasi!

5. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    I spot a Caamasi, a Verpine, a Barabel, and a late EU-style Noghri!

EDIT: Ninja'd! (Although technically it was minutes earlier.)

Mia Mesharad, JediBatman and spicer like this.
  6. spicer

Nov 14, 2012
    Where?

7. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    This guy?
    [​IMG]

spicer likes this.
  8. spicer

Nov 14, 2012
    At first I thought that was another Noghri, but Barabel could fit too. Is the green-skinned female a Faleen?

LelalMekha likes this.
  9. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    Mh, he's too green and too tall to be a Noghri, methinks. As for the female, I doubt it. She doesn't look very reptilian, just like a green-skinned normal human. Mirialan seems more likely.

vncredleader and spicer like this.
  10. spicer

Nov 14, 2012
    You're right, that's almost certainly a Barabel and not a Noghri. I just looked at some depictions of Barabels, and the cranial ridges are a match.

11. JediBatman

JediBatman Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2015
    I find the "communicate by scents" thing a bit silly. Cassian even says "I can't tell if that's raw sewage, or if you two are talking behind my back". How can you tell which smells are the other person talking, and which smells are just the nearby food stall? Especially since unlike noise pollution, smells tend to linger. I'm imagining a scenario where another member of their species runs up to them, desperate to warn them of an Imperial plot, but because he just ran a mile and also stepped in bantha poodoo they think he's trying to sell them a used landspeeder.

Oh well, I suppose it's only slightly more ridiculous than a language composed of beeps or growls after all.

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  12. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    This should be way longer than one issue, looks fantastic.

13. The_Forgotten_Jedi

The_Forgotten_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2010
    They probably have a much more refined sense of smell than humans that allows them to ignore all that and focus on their conversation.

14. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002

When this was announced, I was hoping for an ongoing series. There's so much that you could do with Cassian's rebel adventures prior to Rogue One.

15. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    The same way that we communicate by sound and know which sounds are the other person talking and which sounds are background noise.

16. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    You'd think Cassian and K2 would warrant at least a mini series.

I mean it's not like they're going to appear in any future movies that might contradict events

Kylun and my kind of scum like this.
  17. JediBatman

JediBatman Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2015
    @Daneirara The_Forgotten_Jedi

True, but with verbal communication, the distracting background noise is more temporary. If you're trying to have a conversation with the person next to you, but you can't hear each other because the dog is barking or the neighbors are playing loud music, the music can be turned off and the dog will eventually go to sleep. But smells tend to linger, you can't really "turn them off" like you can for distracting sounds.

But on the other hand, dogs have excellent senses of smell yet don't have to go through life constantly covering their noses to stop their sense of smell from being overwhelmed. So they might be used to blocking the smells of the surrounding area.

18. lowell

lowell Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 11, 2014
    Rebels Season 4? Since this probably takes place before it and Cassian is a Fulcrum.

19. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    So I went to my local comic store and they did not have this issue (despite having DA #9)
    This was also a problem with The Phantom Limb initially. Did anyone else have this problem?

20. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    Do you have a pull list?

21. SienneRe

SienneRe Jedi Master star 2

Mar 23, 2016
    I loved it! I read some criticism but I absolutely adored it - the story is quite simple but fun, the twins are cool, I love the art and Cassian&K2 are as great as in the film.

It's funny and light, and reading it in your head with actor's voices makes it even more special.

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  22. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
  23. Diego Lucas

Diego Lucas Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 12, 2015
    With spoilers

24. Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 12, 1999
    The interactions with K2 and Cassian are good but the story itself is absolutely nothing special. Should have at least been a mini-series.

vncredleader and SilentGuy66 like this.
  25. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    I would imagine that Marvel did want to do a Cassian and K2 mini series but maybe lucasfilm said that it HAD to include their meeting. Marvel couldn't think of a good way to prolong that story for five issues so therefore we ended up with this.

I can easily accept this story being short and sweet just as long as this isn't the ONLY Cassian and K2 "early days" story we ever get.