main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Role Playing Game :)

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by Jedi_Knight_Isadore, Jul 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Knight_Isadore

Jedi_Knight_Isadore Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 1, 2002
    Hello I am Devan and I just wanted to announce that the first role playing game that I talked about is going to be on Saturday July 13 at my place. I will send the information to the website or e-mail or PM me. My e-mail is gaia_eagle@yahoo.com
    Hope to hear from you. Thanks.
    Devan (Jedi_Knight_Isadore)

2. Bishop76

Bishop76 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    Is there anyone interested in playing/learning to play the TCG (Trading Card Game)? I've played a few times and can teach and this way I'll have some people to play with aside from my one other friend who plays the game. I know a few said you were interested on Saturday, but let me know here and I'll set up a day to play.

Jeff

3. jedisister

jedisister Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 1, 2001
    I would totally like to learn both TCG and RPG. Some months ago, I went into a hobby shop and they had all these cards and stuff and I was like whoa!! Never knew any of this existed!! The guy at the counter explained a little to me and it sounded really cool. And at C2, looking at the role playing games looked really fun too, so I'd definately be interested.

4. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    We literally have boxes and boxes of cards...no idea what to do with them. Maybe it's time we did...

Dwayne and Marcy

5. Bujo

Bujo Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2002
    Hey Devan, where do you live? I would be very interested in playing, depending on the start time.

6. The4Fetts

The4Fetts Jedi Youngling

Apr 26, 2002
    Devan, are you playing the D6 or D20 version?

7. Rick_Sith

Rick_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 2, 2002
    Last I heard, she said D20.

Since I know next to nothing about what D6 or D20 means, I just stick with the free-form RPGing. But if I could manage the time, I wouldn't mind learning about it.

Yeah, learning is cool. :)

On a side note: I run free-form games played in chatrooms. It's all I ever played and I know it well. If anyone is interested in this type of RPG, let me know.

8. ToxicNed

ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR star 4

May 2, 2002
    Rick, let me know if you want to borrow my d20 RPG book. I can let ya take a gander at it.

9. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    D6 means that you are playing with six-sided dice for your rolls. So your character has skills like Blaster: 4d+1. This means that when you need to check your skill, you roll four six-sided dice, add up the total, then add 1. D20 means that you roll a single twenty-sided die for your skill checks, generally against another's twenty-sided die. The key difference is probabilities really. If you're rolling a twenty-sided dice, your chance of rolling a 20 is exactly the same as rolling a one. Whereas in 6D, and you have a 3d+0 in your skill, you are more likely to roll a 10 or 11 than anything else, you can never roll a one or two and you have a 1/216 chance of rolling an 18, rather than that nice 1/20 of a perfect roll in 20d. (Though the game does take into account "wild die" which adds to failure and success possibilities). For years, under West End Games, the Star Wars RPG was 6d based. Now that WEG is defunct, the new Wizards system is 20d, and involves a more classic approach to RPGs with "levels." Hope this somewhat explains the difference.

Dwayne

PS I'd be interested in learning the RPG, and definitely the card game. We mostly bought cards for the characters, and stopped after a while because it was a lot of money for a game we weren't playing.

10. Rick_Sith

Rick_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 2, 2002
    Thanks ToxicNed. If I decide to start playing that type of RPG, I'll take you up on your offer.

11. Skywalker1138

Skywalker1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2002
    LeiaYT1300 and I have some of the SW Universe RP books and I know that SoloYT1300 is into RP (although I'm not sure if SW-related or not), and also, Red_05 is very interested in the SW Universe RP, so let us know what's going on!

Skywalker1138

12. Red_Jedi_Knight

Red_Jedi_Knight Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2002
    minor update for all you interested isadore is in the prosses of getting internet up so i would be happy to get her back to my place to get her on so she can get you info. we e-mailed que with the info and he said he'd have it up soon @ the website. so try there for info. i know she's using the d20 system and had the last edition of the book. i think there is a new one coming out and she's hoping to get that one and to be able to convert to that book. you can all e-mail me at wgierach@milwpc.com or try her's at gaia_eagle@yahoo.com i'm on most of the day so try me and i'll get you the info from her. thanks!! red jk

13. Jedi_Knight_Isadore

Jul 1, 2002
    Hello everyone, I finally have my internet set up :) For everyone that is interested in the SW RPG game that will be starting this satureday at around 2:00, please e-mail me and I will e-mail you backn with directions if you need them. my e-mail address is gaia_eagle@yahoo.com

Thanks
    Devan

14. Mace_Master

Mace_Master Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2002
    Just I reminder I'm still running my game every other thursday in mequon. The next session in going to be on July 18 at 8:00 at Virtual Magic.

e-mail me at cboss92@wi.rr.com for more details.

15. Jedi_Knight_Isadore

Jul 1, 2002
    Something has come up and I need to reschedule the first game. I am going to try it for next Saturday, at my place starting at about 2:00. If you are interested please PM me and I will five you directions to my place. Thanks
    Devan

16. Jedi_Knight_Isadore

Jul 1, 2002
    I keep on having a feeling that next week saturday probably isn't going to be good for any also. If there are people still interested in the game, please PM me or e-mail me at gaia_eagle@yahoo.com and we can try to set up a day that works for everyone. I am not able to do Tues, Thurs, and Fri nights because I have other things planned.

I want to be able to have regular dates set up, and have regular people show up. The game is not going to be one time adventures that some other gams that I have been in have been like, but continuing adventures that have a story line. I am also cordinating with another group of my friends, just to let you know.

Also, it is the D20 game system by Wizards of the Coast, because this is the only one that I have ever played. It is a really easy system to learn and make character is.

So please, just let me know the level of interest and commitment to the game.

Thank you for your time.

Devan

17. Jedi_Knight_Isadore

Jul 1, 2002
    Hello everyone, it is your friendly neighborhood GM again wanting to see if anyone is still interested in role playing. I would like to start a group just for the people in the Milwookie council. Most of you have never role played before and I feet that it would benefit everyone to be in the same boat. Please let me know when would be a good day for everyone to game. Thank you, and now back to you regularly scheduled posts.
    Devan

18. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    Let me tell you, this geeky crap can be fun. I got to be a Wookiee named "Chunky" and I stuffed a guy into a lunchbox. My finest moment.

It's all downhill from here.

19. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    Jeff, I want to try the TCG.

20. solo414

solo414 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    I would like to try and RPG, but I'm going back to school on Monday. :( Maybe next summer though!

21. LauedGiind

LauedGiind Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 4, 2002
    I don't know if you were looking for anymore people learning RPG and the card game(I have had that card game for at least 4 years and have never found anyone who would be interested in playing it). I would love to learn and to me it seems like fun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.