main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA Star Wars Roleplaying

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by NGazer, Mar 6, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NGazer

NGazer Jedi Youngling

Feb 22, 2001
    Even though I haven't been around here that long, I figured now was as good a time as ever to ask if any of you are into Roleplaying games, specifically Star Wars: the Roleplaying Game. My friend got me started on it years ago and a small group of my buddies have spent many a summer night crowded around a living room table, rolling dice and deciding our character's fates. I think it's a ton of fun, it's a great way to excercise your imagination, think of new Star Wars characters, and generally have fun. My friends and I follow the chronology of the EU books with our characters, so right now we have our Jedi helping with the advancing Yuzzhan Vong threat from the New Jedi Order books. We still use the old West End Games rules, not the new WOTC rules. While most of us play as Jedi, my one friend plays as a really cool bounty hunter, and a few of my friends are smugglers (one is even an "albino wookie" :) ) If you know what I'm talking about and have RPG characters, tell me about them! It's always interesting to hear about other RPG adventures and characters.

2. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    Although I played D&D for years, I've never played the SW role playing game. I loved role playing, but after I graduated college my group scattered to the four corners of the globe, so I haven't played since.

I agree, there are few things as fun as a good gaming marathon. Adventure & excitement.

Although its D&D not SW, I have had a couple of really cool characters. Demonspawn -- Fighter. product of a demon raped elf. And you thought Luke had family issues. Moonshadow -- Ranger. Demonspawn's daughter (much more relaxed and fun loving than mom. Her dad was a ranger who's evil magic user dad had cursed with lycanthropy)Moonshadow got killed by a lych (sp?) and became a valkyre. Sunni -- Druid. A enviromental studies major at UCLA, she was part of a multi-dimension campaign. Even was on MTV's Spring Break in Another Dimension with Pauly Shore. :)

3. Corell

Corell Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2000
    I'm just starting out in the Star Wars rpg (new rules version).

4. Corell

Corell Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2000
    Anybody have any advice on GMing or making adventures???

5. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001

Have a good balance between fighting and thinking puzzles. Too much of either one is not a good thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.