main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars RPG begins...

Discussion in 'Archive: Seacoast, NH' started by Cephas, Mar 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cephas

Cephas Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 23, 2003
    ...March 23 at the Cantina from 5:00pm to 9:00pm. The game will always take place every two weeks from then on. So the second session would be on April 6, then April 20, etc...

We'll need to finish characters the first night, that won't take too long, then we'll start the actual adventure! I'm looking forward to this, and I hope everyone else is too.

If anyone needs to meet to work on characters at any time, let me know, we can schedule a time if needed. If anyone needs gaming supplies like dice, let me know too. (Add a preference for what color/type and I will do my best to comply. Sorry about the black dice request, Slappy, I didn't get your message until the next night.

The group we have so far is awesome! There's a great group of characters for the game and I think the stories are really gonna grow from that group.

Anyway, this was just to post the scheduling for the RPG! If it ever has to change for one reaosn or other, I hope people contact me/each other. I will do the same. Let's keep this thread open for future notes about the game from now on, OK? Be it questions on game play, or anything else game related.

2. JangoFett3263827

JangoFett3263827 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 31, 2003
    That scheduling is absolutely wonderful! I can make it every time, I think.

3. slappy

slappy Jedi Youngling

Feb 17, 2003
    Not even an issue with the dice.

I'm set and ready to go on the 23rd.

Chris

4. Lyta_Skywalker

Lyta_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 6, 2002
    [color=4682b4]I will get the meets posted on the board in an effort to get more people there and interested in our group. You may also want to cross post to either the Boston Rebels or the Portland group to see if anyone wishes to join in the games.

Jaded[/color]

5. Cephas

Feb 23, 2003
    just a reminder to everyone - the game starts this week on Sunday afternoon. If you need dice, leave a post here and I will read it before I come up. I look forward to starting the game, I think it's gonna be fun!

-Cephas

6. JangoFett3263827

Jan 31, 2003
    :mad: :mad: I'm so stupid! I thought it was Saturday, not Sunday! Um, Cephas, I can't make any Sundays, do you think we could do Saturdays, or is that impossible? Dangit! I can't believe I was so dumb.

7. Cephas

Feb 23, 2003
    OK. I'm gonna make 2 posts tonight. 1 will be about what happened in the game. The second will be about the scheduling. SO first, chapter one of the game!

The game started on Rodia, where a WTW310 Cargo Transport ship (my own design. WTW = world-to-world, 310=the time in the morning I created it.:) was loading some important cargo marked off on the manifest as "engine parts." The Captain of the ship, a human, seemed to have some issues about the cargo, but let it on board anyway. Meanwhile, a wookie with dredlocks was hired to bring an important disc with modification specs for the Republic Gunship. The datapad being delivered was provided by a rogue member of the Techno Clan who wishes to help the Republic. The wookie was given 2,000 credits up front, 10,000 more on completion. The datapad is to be brought to Alderaan and given to the Republic. The wookie got transportation on the WTW310 and as the ship closed the cargo bay door, a small batallion of 12 battledroids were marching to the docking bay. They spotted the Techno Clan rogue who was in hiding as well. They shot him dead, sending the body flying backward off the bay and into the canyon of towers beneath it. Guess the wookie won't be getting anymore credits from him now! They then turned their guns on the cargo ship and began fire. The shields on it were too strong for most of the gunfire but one shot managed to get throough dealing some fair damage to the ship's hull, but not so much it would hamper its abilities. As soon as the ship was warmed up and ready to launch, the captain, sensing there was trouble and not knowing why, chose to forego the usual pleasantries of leaving the docking bay at docking speed, instead went straight to cruising speed and sped out of the planet's atmosphere.

End game session one.
    We would have done more, but character completion came first.

All in all, an excellent first night. :)

-Cephas

8. Cephas

Feb 23, 2003
    Okay, second post about game scheduling.

I REALLY REALLY wanna see Jango play the game. I think you'd enjoy yourself. If I play on Saturday, I could only do it every other Saturday MORNING 10:00-1:00 at BEST! Sunday morning would be really good for me too, anytime between 11:00-4:00 would be awesome! I'd even prefer moving the game to this period so I can join another game of Dungeons and Dragons that begins at 4:30-10:00 on Sundays in Nashua with a really strong RPG group that really wants me to join. My Tuesday night game is in Derry currently playing a gothic game of Witchcraft (no, it's not about witchcraft, its about people with different types of powers protecting Gaea from harm, basically.) And I'll be joining a episodic group soon on late Saturday nights, starting off with a Spycraft game - which is basically a spy espionage RPG. This might turn into a 7th Sea or a Buffy the Vampire Slayer game after that. I'm also thinking about getting a Thursday night group together. But any game I play have to be after 10:00pm. except on Sundays due to my work schedule.

That's my schedule folks. I can only accomodate so many people. If you wanna reschedule the game, you now know my times I can run/play. Like I said, I'd prefer to run the game Sunday 11:00am-4:00pm then rush to play the 4:30-10:00 game in Nashua. That would make an awesome schedule for me! (I really enjoy a full day of RPGing.) Also, the "every two weeks" is the only thing I can do. If we need to adjust which two weeks is th ebest, I can do that. Currently the next game will be played on April 5. If we need to adjust it to the 12th, let me know ASAP.

okay, PLEASE choose the best schedule PLEASE! You know my preferences. I know what some of yours are. Decide and post it heRE! I'm excited about running the game, and you saw the first chapter post, it is leading to some exciting stuff - especially when there was some secret gaming going on that will NOT be posted until it is released in play. :p heh heh heh...

-Cephas

9. slappy

slappy Jedi Youngling

Feb 17, 2003
    Sorry I missed the first night. There was a party. There was a chick. I remember leaving the house with more money, brain cells, and dignity than what I came back with. (Maybe I like ending sentences with a preposition!) In the end, I would have to say I'm sorry I missed it but given the choice I would miss it again.

Hopefully I'll be there for the next one.

10. JangoFett3263827

Jan 31, 2003
    Again, sorry for missing it. I think I can make Saturday mornings or Sunday mornings, but I don't think Rik could make either of those. I'll see what I can do though, about Sunday night.

Also, just in case anyone wanted to know, Wookiee has 2 e's. And officially those cargo transports are just cargo transports but the name's ok. The only other mistake is that the Techno clan is the Techno Union. In case anyoneis wondering in sheer "what a nerd!" amazement. Correcting spelling and names is my OCD.

11. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2003
    Because of recent financial concerns, I've been forced to geta second job which may or may not affect my RPG time. If anyone can set a firm date I can see if I can set my work schedule around it. Unfortunately there are no guarantees. :(

12. JangoFett3263827

Jan 31, 2003
    Sorry to hear about the difficulties, Baron.
    Some better news, I can most definitely make either of those times this weekend.

13. Cephas

Feb 23, 2003
    Ok. no word yet from anyone abouit best times to play. So i will make the big decish. I will post the game at 12:00 - 4:00pm.

The reason is that I really wanna play, but a night time game will interfere with the game I joined last week. I been vying for a Sunday night game for months and now that I was voted into the group, I'd hate to miss any of the games. I had a lot of fun in the game what with seducing other characters, tag-team spellcasting and stopping half an orcan war party with an illusion. Then there was the unfun of a minotaur ramming his horns into me and almost killing me on my first night with the group. :-( But all in all I see a lot of entertainment with this group and want to play my fullest with them. I play a con-artist pretending to be a Noble, and it's surprising that no one asked me about his lineage or for details about why I'm on the run. :)

So, that's why I am opting for a Sunday afternoon game. Is the Cantina still a good place to play at this time? If not, then we should move to Double Midnight Comics just a couple blocks away. It's Ric's call.

Leave a post or e-me if anyone needs dice. Just say what kind you want and I'll do my best to provide. Prices range from $4-$9 roughly.

-Cephas

14. Lyta_Skywalker

Lyta_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 6, 2002
    [color=4682b4]Just be sure to let me know, so I can get it posted on the website.

Jaded[/color]

15. RikSMaximus

RikSMaximus Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 15, 2002
    Sorry 'bout the late post guys....been very busy developing the website....You guys can feel free to play at CANTINA tomorrow, but this is my weekend to work the real job, so I won't be playing. I'll make sure Beth knows that you guys might be coming. In general, I think morning/afternoon games are much better than evenings, but for me to partake in the adventure, it would have to be on the weekend I'm off from my real job and working in the store...

Cephas, I don't have a problem with Saturday or Sunday mornings, but it would have to be every other week starting with next Saturday or Sunday (April 12th or April 13th), then every two weeks after that. Mayhaps it would be in our best interest to cancel the session this weekend, and re-kick it off next weekend....just a thought, because I would really hate to miss any of the action we could potentially be having.....

16. JangoFett3263827

Jan 31, 2003
    :_| There is almost no way I can make those dates unless, well, maybe I can but it is doubtful. I really hope we can all meet at one time somehow

17. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    It was an interesting session we had at the last get together. Let's see, the GM decided to make like George Lucas and change some history from the first session (sorry Cephas lol), and then one of the other characters tried to shipjack the King's Rook! Eeek. A wild melee ensued with Force powers and blaster shots going off everywhere while battle droids closed in on the group. Somehow our heroes (?) got off the ground and into hyperspace as the infighting continued, eventually involving a wookiee. In the end, the pilot was shot with a blaster on stun, falling into the controls, causing the ship to fall out of hyperspace and the wookiee took care of the force adept in usual wookie fashion, thus ending the session for the time being.

I can't wait for the next rp meet! :-D

18. JangoFett3263827

Jan 31, 2003
    Hey Baron, glitterstim gives you brief psychic capabilities, it doesn't make you stupid. If you had said maybe ryll or carsunum, then you would have been right. 8-} For my first time ever playing an rpg, I had a whole lot of fun with you guys. I hope we can all meet together sometime. The next rpg meeting would have to be on a Saturday for me to make it.

19. Cephas

Feb 23, 2003
    OK. This week is obviously a "no-go" what with the Holiday. Also, normally this week would be a bad week for Rik since it follows our normal 2-week rotation and Rik said that's a bad rotation for him. NEXT week I assume would be a GOOD week for him hopefully. I should have that day off and plan on running the game on Sunday morning, April 27 at 11:00 am. (If I'm a few minutes late, don't worry, stick it out.) ANd then we'll continue where we left off - with one character locked in a closet, the pilot unconcious and a wookie left in charge of a ship he can't fly. Oy. On top of all this, Battle Droids have already taken pot shots at the ship and it would appear that they are wanted men. Hmmmm. I wonder what other turns of events could be in store? Well, with a crazed Force Adept in the closet, you never know. LOL

-Cephas

20. RikSMaximus

Nov 15, 2002
    Yes! Next Saturday or Sunday (26th & 27th) would be perfect for me, but it sounds like only Saturday would work for Jango... Hopefully we can figure something out for all of us to play together...we haven't gotten to do that yet...

Also, Cephas, I was wondering if maybe we could set up an official "Introduction To The STAR WARS Roleplaying Game" course some night. I can post it in the store and on the web site....That would be super cool bro...

Hope to talk to ya soon...
    Rik

21. RikSMaximus

Nov 15, 2002
    Well....since I haven't seen any recent posts regarding the roleplaying game, I'm going to assume we're not doing anything on either the 26th or 27th. When we are ready to get something together, make sure you flag me down!! I'd hate to see anybody get mixed up w/dates & whatnot....

Rik

22. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    I have this Saturday off so if we could play it would be great. I should be around pretty much the whole day so if we're gonna play please post here and I'll be there!

23. Cephas

Feb 23, 2003
    The official date & time for the game is...

SUNDAY at 11:00am. @ the CaNTINA.

-cEPHAS

24. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    This is cool... I can play until 2:30. Can anyone else make it?

25. JangoFett3263827

Jan 31, 2003
    FORUM WARS EPISODE 2
    JANGO STRIKES BACK
    I'm back from DC guys, it was great! Bad news:no way can I make RPG tomorrow, again.
    Maybe good news: i might (emphasize might)be able to make the anniversary. When is it again Rik?
    Good news: i can definitely make it to the next meeting, I just need directions TK.
    And prince [face_shocked] Jango races home aboard his Ford Ranger, custodian of the DC souvenirs which can restore peace and freedom to New Hampshire. (Screen pans down to the Blockade runner and the Star Destroyed). Copyright 20th century Jango and Jangofilm Ltd.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.