main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA Star Wars RPG group?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by John-Michael, Nov 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John-Michael

John-Michael Jedi Youngling

Nov 17, 2010
    I live in Riverside, just on the border of Corona off the 91 freeway, and would like very much to get a regular (monthly/bi-monthly) Star Wars Role Playing Game event/group going somewhere within reasonable driving distance.

I'd like to get a group or two of team-oriented role-players (as opposed to strict gamers) who are more interested in overall story development.

I'm willing to put in most of the work initially; i.e., create characters for participants, organize the game event, build one or two campaigns, and even GameMaster to start things off.

I have the 1st edition WestEnd Games rules (from the mid/late 1980's) as well as the Wizards of the West Coast Saga Edition Core rules.

Costumes and props will be encouraged if we are somewhere private.

Anyone interested?

2. John-Michael

Nov 17, 2010
    I just wanted to let y'all know I started a Star Wars meetup group on Meetup.com: http://www.meetup.com/Star-Wars-Off-the-91-Freeway/

It's for people interested in lightsabers and Star Wars roleplaying & video games. :)

3. John-Michael

Nov 17, 2010
    OPENING CRAWL.

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away?

4,000 years passed since Luke Skywalker?s death. His legacy ? the New Jedi Order ? ended over 30 years ago, shortly after their greatest achievement. The Jedi joined other Force-using traditions to restore the galaxy, using the Force to repair worlds devastated by catastrophe, war and other unnatural acts of terror. The Jedi and their allies collected meteor and asteroid fragments and reassembled formerly destroyed planets such as Alderaan, Peragus 2 and Malachor 5. The Jedi separated Dxun (an inhabited moon) away from its planet, and moved it to the opposite side of Onderon?s sun so that it orbits on the same path as Onderon.

Unfortunately, the effort greatly weakened and distracted the Jedi and their allies, and their enemies took advantage. The Hutt Clans secretly assembled a massive non-human mercenary army and destroyed the New Jedi Order and their Force-using allies in a surprise attack unseen since Chancellor Palpatine?s infamous Order 66 at the end of the Clone Wars a few thousand years ago. Rumors that Force-users aided the Hutts are common, but the general public has no definitive proof.

In a few weeks, the Hutt Clans supplanted the New Republic as the galaxy?s predominant governing entity. Hutt propaganda successfully toppled the former dominant human races from power. Harsh discriminatory practices, slavery, violence and oppressive restrictions on many planets led to Humanity?s exodus to the few remaining human-dominated worlds.

After years of oppression, a coalition formed to protect humans and their kind from the Hutt Syndicate. Everyday, a few more people gain the courage to join what is now known as the Human Resistance.

This is their story.

4. John-Michael

Nov 17, 2010
    [A Human agent, codenamed Tiree, arranged to help each of you join the Human Resistance. Following her instructions, you traveled to an old mine on Bothan?s Planet. With your companions, you made your way past warning signs and old fences into the mine.]

1ST PLAYER
    I have a bad feeling about this.

2ND PLAYER
    Look at all these power cables and control wires!
    And these magnetic rails!
    This mine must be huge!

3RD PLAYER
    Yeah, so no sightseeing.
    We could get lost forever in here!

4TH PLAYER
    It looks like it?s been abandoned for decades.
    Who knows what kind of creatures have moved in?

5TH PLAYER
    Animals aren?t all we have to worry about.
    It looks like some of these power lines are still charged!
    One touch and ZAP!

6TH PLAYER
    Yeah, well this tunnel isn?t in the greatest shape.
    Hear that rumble?
    This whole mine is a cave-in just waiting to happen.

1ST PLAYER
    Knock it off!
    This place is creepy enough without you guys working on my confidence.

3RD PLAYER
    Let me get this straight.
    We?re supposed to meet Tiree here and fly out in a shuttle to join the Human Resistance?

4TH PLAYER
    Well, unless we sprout wings we?re not flying anywhere.
    In case you haven?t noticed, this isn?t exactly a shuttle hangar.

2ND PLAYER
    This main tunnel looks big enough, but you?d have to be crazy to try to fly a shuttle in here!

6TH PLAYER
    What do we do about this agent, Tiree, anyway?
    We?ve only met her once.
    This whole thing could be a trap!

5TH PLAYER
    For what?
    All we?re doing here is trespassing.
    We aren?t even carrying blasters!

2ND PLAYER
    Yeah, but Tiree already knows enough about each of us to get us 10 years in the Kessel spice mines.

3RD PLAYER
    If this was a trap they?d have jumped us already.
    Let?s wait a couple of minutes.

[You turn and carefully make your way down a pitch-black branch tunnel to the chamber you are supposed to meet Tiree. You get there and discover that, except for a few crates, the room is absolutely empty. Agent Tiree is not there.]

1ST PLAYER
    I?m telling ya, I have a bad feeling about this.

4TH PLAYER
    So much for our glorious career in the Human Resistance.
    There?s a galactic war going on and we?re playing hide and seek.

[A rusty droid, unnoticed until now, activates. Its head spins around to look at each of you. It?s eyes glow as it speaks.]
    [image=http://photos1.meetupstatic.com/photos/event/6/5/8/4/event_21385988.jpeg]
    HK-99
    Introduction: I am HK-99.
    Observation: My optical sensors have identified you as the human meatbags, er, organics, to whom I am to deliver a message.

5TH PLAYER
    Great.
    Just what we need ? a cave droid.

[The droid?s holo projector snaps on and a tiny holographic image of Tiree appears.]
    [image=http://photos4.meetupstatic.com/photos/event/6/5/8/9/event_21385993.jpeg]
    TIREE (holographic image)
    Welcome to Mesa 291.
    I?m sorry I can?t greet you myself.

6TH PLAYER
    Not as sorry as we are.

Somehow, the Hutt?s mercenaries tracked me down.
    They must have your names, too, so you can?t turn back now.

1ST PLAYER
    This whole deal is getting worse by the minute!

It may only be hours before they catch me, and they?ll come after you next.

3RD PLAYER
    What we really need is a ship!

The shuttle is in a cavern on the next level down.
    This protocol droid, HK-99, knows the way there.
    I hope you can fly the craft, because I may not make it back.

4TH PLAYER
    We can fly it, but where to?
    We?re wanted traitor

5. John-Michael

Nov 17, 2010
    If you've read this far, you're probably wondering... WTF is all this?

Well, so far, you've read the introduction to a Star Wars roleplaying game campaign that I've been working on, where I cobbled together bits and pieces of WestEnd Games' roleplaying game modules and tweaked them around to shift the storyline over 4,000 years after the events from the Original Star Wars Trilogy.

We'll need at least six (6) people to play, plus myself as the GameMaster. Location and schedule will be announced when we have enough people to plan around.

The information I posted in the previous posts are for the starter adventure, which should take up most of the first session.

If you're interested in joining, or at least curious enough to ask questions, please let me know! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.