main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars RPG site

Discussion in 'Archive: Fan Sites' started by The-Chosen-One91, Sep 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The-Chosen-One91

The-Chosen-One91 Jedi Youngling

Aug 24, 2007
    Hey this is for my NJO rpg site that I just officially opened today. If you're intrested and would like to join come check us out, if you don't want to join just drop by and let me know what you think in the shout box. Here's the advertisement for it...

[image=http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn208/beckham2010/Star%20Wars/njo2-1.jpg]

Luke has died

No one knew three words could shake a galaxy so much. Luke Skywalker; the son of Anakin Skywalker, the one who took down the empire, the Grand Master Jedi, has finally passed on. Surviving every threat the galaxy has thrown at him he could not beat time. Now the Jedi Order is in mourning, thinking of what to do next. His son Ben Skywalker has stepped up along with his cousin Jaina Solo, the rest of the jedi council to lead the Jedi threw these tough times.

However, during this time of mourning others see weakness. Enemies of the Jedi and Galactic Alliance see their chance to strike. The Sith Order is finally making plans to destroy the Jedi. Over the years their numbers have grown large and dangerous. It is only a matter of time until they make their move. Before they attack they want to weaken the Jedi from the inside out.

Sith apprentices are infiltrating the Jedi Academy. Blending in with the common padawan or Jedi Knight. While the Jedi are distracted with the outside threat of rising sith, they are not aware of the inside threat.

Both sides are running high on tension, waiting for the other to make the first move. What will be the outcome and who will be victorious when the dust clears. There will be traitors, loyalties will be tested, and lives will be lost.

Welcome to the Order.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to the New Jedi Order the Academy.

This is an RPG based on the fictional universe created by George Lucas. Here at the Academy you can take many roles. The Academy is home to the Jedi and also serves as their training ground.

Many students and Jedi Knights interact around the Academy but Jedi is not the only choice. In this RP many sub-plots may be developing at once. All heading towards the center plot. (see main plot) How you have your character interact may affect their role in the main plot.

So welcome one and all!

NJO Academy]HOME

2. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    I'm gonna be blunt here. How is this different from any other RPG site - we have tons of them.

To be honest, it doesn't look like you put much effort or thought into it.

For one, me being an RPG buff as well, it doesn't look like even the storyline was thought about much. How did Luke die? A good story explains every detail. Why Ben, or Jaina of all Jedi, to become the leaders? Last time we knew, as far as I know, Jaina was just a Knight, and Ben was a mere apprentice, and certainly there were more qualified Jedi Masters to become the leaders of the Jedi. How did the Sith Apprentices infiltrate the Academy? If I recall, that method has been tried before, and it doesn't work legitimately, as the Sith and Jedi have different philosophies. A Sith Infiltrator would stick out like a sore thumb. Perhaps you could make this deal with putting the Galaxy back together after Jacen's death, and not necessarily dealing with Sith as the enemy, but rather with baddies with anti-Jedi prejudice, and maybe the random Dark Jedi trying to stir up trouble.

Second, about the site, I see that you chose Proboards. While I'm not gonna knock your choice of Forums, I do have one minor gripe, and that is cramming the forums with too much stuff. Perhaps, you could make a non-forum informational site, external to the Forums, and have them link back and forth from each other. The reason why I say this, is that if you have too much stuff going on in the forums, not only does it take longer to load, but it can distract attention from the most important part of the site, which are the forums. If you put all that stuff that you have on the side, in its own site, and then link to the site at the top of the Forum Index, not only does the site load faster, which is good if you want more members, seeing as not everyone has Broadband internet, it also encourages people to post on the forums while they are there, as there is no distractions.

However, I do like the consistent color scheme throughout the site, although the background image could be changed to perhaps the background seen in the banner - its a simple black and green cloud effect in photoshop. Try making the main banner wider (however no wider than 1024 pixels), but shorter, as well, and using CSS to change the backdrop for the main banner to transparent. (the hex color value/color name, is actually, transparent)

Then again, you don't have to do what I say, and I won't be offended if that's the case. As with all RPGs, the purpose is to have fun, what I'm saying is just my opinion on how you can have MORE fun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.