main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Seattle, WA Star Wars: RPG (Wizards of the Coast D20)

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by DetShogan, Aug 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DetShogan

DetShogan Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2006
    Well, sounds like people are interested, so let me know when people are interested in getting together.
    Group size is perfect (4) i'm leaving a fifth position open for orothelous (Derek) if we ever get a hold of him. I've ran six - nine players before...bad idea **nightmares**. Anyways, we should start with a day of Era choosing to Character creation and basic rules n' stuff.

Roster

PLAYERS
    1. JediYvette
    2. AmmersVI
    3. JediFarfy
    4. Maco_Star
    5. ?????????

GM
    1. Me(DetShogan)

Let me know if I am incorrect on someone's interest.

2. AmmersVI

AmmersVI Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2005
    I've never played before... but I'm always up to try new things!:)

3. JediYvette

JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 18, 2001
    I'm game. :D

(yes, pun intended) :p

4. _Vengeance_

_Vengeance_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    Five's a good number, though some of the best games I've played in or DMed for were with 8-12 players. Granted it sometimes took us a very long time to do anything (one remembers spending three hours arguing about what question to ask a god that would aid us in stopping the moon from crashing into the planet) but it was good fun regardless. I do prefer 4-6 players though. Less distraction, less idle players, and more accomplishments over a shorter amount of time. But that's obvious, and I'm just rambling now.

Even if there was another spot I don't think I could make it to games too often what with being out in the boonies for now and school on the horizon, so I hope you folks have a good ol' time with that. :)

5. DetShogan

Apr 13, 2006
    too many player ment people start cross conversations, sitting and being bored, loooooooooooooooooooooooong encounters etc.
    I'll keep you in mind in the future (you could possibly pop in, here and there).

6. DetShogan

Apr 13, 2006
    There is a new RPG for StarWars coming out called StarWars:Saga Edition still D20 still WOTC made but newer rules and changes in using the force and etc...We could wait for it to come out or start the game as a Monthly thing to start (easier on the schedules). Also the table top minis game is another event I'll be starting (Commander Gree and Yoda will have Wookies next time AmmersVI, and Maco_star we could add another Barc Speeder and some Mercs to Windu's group (or use new Jedi Generals) other than that there's always smaller battles as well).

7. Maco_Star

Maco_Star Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 15, 2006
    Yeah...I'll bring the calculator for next time to make sure we have the correct amount on each team....lol...had a good time learning though...:)

8. micdavis

micdavis Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2003

I'll take that fifth spot.

9. AmmersVI

AmmersVI Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2005
    This time I'll use the speeder straight off to attack rather than hide and get pummeled! LOL!

10. DetShogan

Apr 13, 2006
    then it's yours Mic.

11. DetShogan

Apr 13, 2006
    Now that I live in a huge house with a spacious downstairs (and have a large table) I hope to get started on te RPG! but first I'd like to get a day (or half) and run some tabletop minis games/battles (Star Wars) AND XBOX/XBOX360 link gaming as well (Halo2, Battlefront2, GhostRecon Advanced Warfighter, etc..) also Lego Star Wars 1 & 2. Let me know if you're interested. I will have internet up this Tuesday (YAY) so people could play against others across the world too.

12. DarthBobbalot

DarthBobbalot Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2002
    So did you ever get this going? I play dnd with some old guys at Discordia in Bremerton every other week and would love to start playing a Star Wars version of it.

13. JediYvette

Jan 18, 2001
    If there are still enough people interested, it would rock. :D

14. ewok_jedi

ewok_jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 5, 2005
    I would totally be up for this, if I lived closer any ways :p

I have had a serious lackage of D20 RPGing lately, all my band geek friends moved away so no more D&D with them :p

15. DarthBobbalot

Mar 5, 2002
    Yes, it very much would. Did you guys ever start it before?

16. ewok_jedi

Nov 5, 2005
    I wouldn't know about this, I am not a part of this group in any way shape or form :p

17. JediYvette

Jan 18, 2001
    We got as far as planning on having one someday. :p

18. ewok_jedi

Nov 5, 2005
    That seems to sound pretty typical.

I have actually never played the D20 for SW but I did play the D6 one a while back...

Any ways this sounds like a fun idea, to bad I live to far away :p

19. DetShogan

Apr 13, 2006
    well, if people are still interested I'll get going on putting it together, I was going to wait until the new version of the game is released but I can always just convert over (or "adjust"). That, and i'm not sure if any of the original "interested" group and still interested.

20. DarthBobbalot

Mar 5, 2002
    I have the rulebook for this game, i played it about 2 years ago, i dm'ed a couple sessions but i didnt play any further because i never got the time to do it... my life was hectic back then. And seems to be so now, also. But yeah, i have some dm experience if you dont want to be the dm. Although id really like to *not* be dm so i can play myself.

21. orothelous

orothelous Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 24, 2005
    Hello! I have returned!
    Sorry for the lack of correspondence. I have been going to college, and my wife is pregnant, so time has been limited. I am interested in playing still but time may be an issue for me. Just let me know when and I will see if I can make it. I have played LOTS of d20 stuff, but never star wars, however I have pretty much read the SWD20 book cover to cover. Keep me abreast of the situation please!

22. DetShogan

Apr 13, 2006
    you bet, good to hear from you again

23. DarthBobbalot

Mar 5, 2002
    Yes, we must needs get this started.

24. JediYvette

Jan 18, 2001
    Pick a day, Paul. :D

25. DetShogan

Apr 13, 2006
    I'll assume Saturdays or Sundays but I'd have to be at 7pm - 10 or 11ish (how ever long we all decide to play that night) let me know. Though if I get this other job I hope I'll have Weekends off!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.